IDEAS 2.0 – Coming Soon

1. MKT_IRFAN3735
    Jelly Bean Sep 22, 2020

2. Preceptor
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 22, 2020

Preceptor , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , Sep 22, 2020 :
    One of the drawback of the landing page which I noticed during last time is the early movers got ranked on first page and most of the likes were received by them due to proper visibility. I'm not criticising anyone idea here but I'm simply mentioning that the people got first mover advantage for posting the idea at the earliest. The idea which were posted late, they were lost somewhere in the crowd and didn't recieved much visibility.

My suggestion is, if it's possible please maintain the visibility of the late posted ideas, so that it could get a chance to be visible on first or second page time to time, may be random approach ( just a viewpoint). It should not go like SEO ranking as it appear on Google Page. Thanks dsmonteiro for giving me this chance.

dsmonteiro likes this.
  3. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Sep 22, 2020

dsmonteiro , Sep 22, 2020 :
    So, if I understand correctly, your biggest gripe is regarding not giving enough visibility to entries with a smaller amount of likes rather than using likes as metric?

Helder_DAlmeida likes this.
  4. Preceptor
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 22, 2020

Preceptor , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , Sep 22, 2020 :
    Ya sort of, visibility plays an important role for holding the attention of users and they would not prefer to check each every idea going through lots of pages. For example, if I'm the viewer, I may see the ideas on first six or seven pages and later I may not care to see other pages. This may result into loosing the value of ideas which are posted later and doesn't get the likes due to lack of proper visibility.

So, my concern is likes automatically play the role of ranking the idea on first page, but the equal opportunity should be given to the last landed page ideas, which didn't received much like due to lack of visibilty.

dsmonteiro likes this.
  5. Its.Leandroo
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Sep 22, 2020

Its.Leandroo , Sep 22, 2020 :
    That's quite a nice improved. Should have been done the first time around, but nice nonetheless. :p

6. Optimus_Prime_07
    Honeycomb Sep 22, 2020

Optimus_Prime_07 , via OnePlus 3 , Sep 22, 2020 :
    Hello @Zach X. As a Fan of OnePlus and using OnePlus Devices from past 5 years i have seen so much change in the OnePlus. I also recommended OnePlus Devices to all the people who are looking for amazing devices and they are enjoying a lot......But from past years the prices and the after sales is poor and lot's of issues with the last launch and all. Personally speaking i am facing lots of issues using Community App and I think i can Contribute more in the IDEAS 2.0 to make our OnePlus Family Better.[e]2764[/e]️
    #NeverSettle

7. jhfernandez80
    Gingerbread Sep 22, 2020

jhfernandez80 , Sep 22, 2020 :
    Having the chance to be part of this...would be amazing. OP user since de OP1...and I live in a Country where OP is not established.
    Think about that...I`m like an embassador
    YEAH!

8. Kumarson Shrestha
    Cupcake Sep 22, 2020

9. @lit__stuff
    Donut Sep 22, 2020

@lit__stuff , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 22, 2020 :
    this is the reason why I live OnePlus very much , I really want to custom the UI functions. I really want to make the technology more easier to use , and add some more feature that we love to use . I would like to be a part of this amazing beautiful operation :).

10. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Sep 22, 2020

dsmonteiro , Sep 22, 2020 :
    Hey @Starcommander,

As I had the chance to say before, this internal testing period is aiming at squashing bugs, not really making major overalls to how the platform works.

Still, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this, so that we can improve ideas visibility in upcoming revisions / iterations.

11. TheRealProcyon
    Jelly Bean Sep 22, 2020

TheRealProcyon , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Sep 22, 2020 :
    I genuinely love the idea of this, despite not being very active in the recent times, I have decided to return to the forums however. I genuinely have some nice ideas + know a thing or 2 about computer security (not much yet am still learning) however should I start testing early, I could possibly find some flaws in the system that may exist. :) That's why I think I could help with testing early...

Aarav Sahni likes this.
  12. Fabio.Mar
    KitKat Assistant Head Moderator Sep 22, 2020

Fabio.Mar , Sep 22, 2020 :
    Great Job! I think that this is a great way for Oneplus to show that truly trust in the power of its community!

13. amanansari
    Cupcake Sep 22, 2020

14. Neeraj toppo
    Cupcake Sep 23, 2020

15. TheBlitz7
    Gingerbread Sep 23, 2020

16. Somesh M
    Cupcake Sep 23, 2020

Somesh M , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Sep 23, 2020 :
    we need notification light on the lockscreen like the app 'aodnotify' is doing in playstore, a light around the punch hole camera or around the screen edges... thank you

17. amitmehra057
    Gingerbread Sep 23, 2020

amitmehra057 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Sep 23, 2020 :
    my store visit experience after purchasing OP8 pro .

went to OnePlus Exclusive store located near Anupam Cinema Saket regarding the display issues . the guy named Suraj was standing , as soon as I entered the store , the guy asked me about the problem . I told him that I'm getting this black band issue , and that guy immediately said that this is not a hardware issue and we cannot issue a replacement . forget about refund , they are not even replacing the device.

I asked him to show one device with one such issue , he asked one of the engineer and the engineer took one of the device (which I'm damn sure that some other customers has submitted it with receipt) he showed me the same issue .

I asked him that I got my device on 20th Sept and as per policy I can ask for replacement of customer satisfaction is not met. he told me that replacement cannot be possible which was pathetic. the company moto "Never Settle" to there customers seems to have taken a beating the moment he told me that replacement is not possible. I feel like that company has deliberately gave me a defective piece where black band + little bit green tint issue is there.

I was OnePlus fan till 20th September , had so much of expectations from OnePlus but it has taken a beating now. starting from OnePlus 1,2,5,6 I jumped to OnePlus 8 pro .

in my past experience , I never visited a service store once for all the 4 previous devices that's why I never cared about purchasing this OnePlus 8 pro by keeping a service store feedback/faculties in mind.

but now this is gonna be my last OnePlus device for sure. never thought that the service center guy would behave with there customer like this .that guy was just standing outside the gate and asking the customers about there problems and then allowing them to come inside the service room.

Although OnePlus have managed to sell there 95% defective devices in India forcefully (mostly through OnePlus store , Amazon does provide replacement/refund easily ) but the trust seems to have broken . they may have managed to sell this device but for the future some customers might not think of buying there device ever again after this disaster from OnePlus.

18. K1ngP1n
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 23, 2020

K1ngP1n , Sep 23, 2020 :
    Yes please, make Oxygen OS great again :cool:

ASCHENTE_V likes this.
  19. Z1592317317006
    Froyo Sep 23, 2020

Z1592317317006 , via OnePlus 8 , Sep 23, 2020 :
    It's not correct. You take to higher level, they will sort it out hopefully.

20. amitmehra057
    Gingerbread Sep 23, 2020

amitmehra057 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Sep 23, 2020 :
    how to take high level ? I am not able to get assistance from team present out here . Plz guide me whom I should report this