IDEAS 2.0 Recap: Thank you for sharing your ideas!

1. Oreo.
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Nov 17, 2020

Oreo. , Nov 17, 2020 :
    VIP Tickets for Adopted Ideas and 50 XP for shortlisted ones :);)

2. Its.Leandroo
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Nov 17, 2020

Its.Leandroo , Nov 17, 2020 :
    The background in apps are already black, so you can't go dark than that. The panels on top are dark grey to make sure you can actually have some form of indication as to where something ends and starts.

As for the popups and overlays, the same thing applies here. If they were black, it would be harder to see the separation of elements and cards, which hurts usability for the majority of users.

The only way this would be going, are the way it is now, and having a dark grey background instead of black. Below are three different options. The current design, one with a grey background, and one that has no cards. While I get the appeal of the last one, it causes inconsistencies in perceived position, for example the Settings title being further to the left than the icons below, as well as increasing the "smearing effects" when scrolling.

upload_2020-11-17_15-27-20.png

3. ManuPoonia
    Froyo Nov 17, 2020

ManuPoonia , via OnePlus 8 , Nov 17, 2020 :
    Yeah I understand your point what you want to say, But in notification panel it's also gray. At least there should be the pitch black. And the accent colours except the default one is bogus in the notification panel just because of the colour of notification panel. The notification panel of OS 10 was pretty awesome. The colour combination was too good.
    And in settings menu they can also arrange in pitch black.

WolfXX, Yussuan and G_plusone like this.
  4. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Nov 17, 2020

YRJ , Nov 17, 2020 :
    Thanks again, @Cakepips @G_plusone and @Oreo. Really appreciate the support :)

Many thanks @Zach X. for bringing back IDEAS 2.0

5. Its.Leandroo
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Nov 17, 2020

Its.Leandroo , Nov 17, 2020 :
    The notification panel is part of what I meant with "overlays". If it was black, it would be harder to see where the cards end and start (especially if the app/wallpaper underneath is already black), and increase the smearing effects.

Additionally, OnePlus used Google's concept of hierarchy. Every element you see on the screen, like a card, button, text, and even the notification panel, is considered a layer. If a layer is on top of another one, it should be lighter. Which is also why cards are lighter than the background (look at light mode, for example).

Plus, on a technical side of things, there's more code needed to change it to black, than there is to use grey. But that's a bit of a technical thing that I don't want to spend an hour on explaining.

jlasensiofi likes this.
  6. sandy_yp_7
    Gingerbread Nov 17, 2020

sandy_yp_7 , via OnePlus Nord , Nov 17, 2020 :
    Please adapt Idea -13. Google Dialer has less features. When i hang call in Google's Dialer it takes 4-5 seconds to hang-up the call. Please replace google Dialer by Oneplus Dialer.

7. HarshKK14
    Honeycomb Nov 17, 2020

HarshKK14 , Nov 17, 2020 :
    In case you have ever used OnePlus dialer, they you will regret using Google dialer. If you haven't, then how come you know OnePlus dialer is better🤔

Amanda W. likes this.
  8. Abhishek654
    Honeycomb Nov 17, 2020

Abhishek654 , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 17, 2020 :
    Nothing gonna happen now.

WolfXX likes this.
  9. asishgrwl
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 17, 2020

10. yashwant24

11. Chirag_Gohil
    Honeycomb Nov 17, 2020

Chirag_Gohil , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 17, 2020 :
    Really Disappointed From Not accepted Idea of Notification Light , notch / punch hole. ( Idea No.2. ) Suggestions. .......

Honestly i say...I don't like anything because genuine idea you can accept. It was rejected by you and your devlopment team. I think it was wrong. Your developer team weakness so they rejected notch / punch hole notification led light. Idea. ( It was Number 2. Idea. You mentioned it. It was considered as construction and after results it was rejected. It was not acceptable. I saw in play store such notification light. But.... Quite obvious we aspects this feature from one plus. Not bcz you are masters in developer. Also requested please take that idea. It was really awesome and creative idea. Focus to to work. Think again and. Work with it.

This_is_varshney and sandy_yp_7 like this.
  12. Starcommander

Helder_DAlmeida and jlasensiofi like this.
  13. Luigi Martire
    Froyo Nov 17, 2020

14. AtharvDesak
    Eclair Nov 17, 2020

15. SRD.
    KitKat Nov 17, 2020

SRD. , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 17, 2020 :
    Congratulations to all the participants & Winners. 💐💐💐

Lots of things to feel good and lots of things to feel bad. Overall a good session.
    I hope the process itself should be foolproof.
    Before commencement of idea 2.0, I had indicated please focus on duplicate ideas. Flooding of ideas made some good ideas disappeared.
    Now since it's over, there should not be any further debate.

Thanks for the co-creation process @Zach X. & the entire Idea 2.0 team.

16. obakesan
    Jelly Bean Nov 17, 2020

obakesan , Nov 17, 2020 :
    dont we have battery save mode already which helps with batter life? do we need now some new battery diet mode?

vermajai93 and WolfXX like this.
  17. jlasensiofi
    KitKat Nov 17, 2020

18. MarinosXx
    Froyo Nov 17, 2020

MarinosXx , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 17, 2020 :
    I am really wondering why the hole punch camera notification alerts is not adopted. Seriously it is the most convenient way to check for notifications. Personally i believe it should be number one.

T1602615170695, AlertaNoob and Nuby like this.
  19. DarshanMeniya
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 18, 2020 at 2:30 AM

20. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Nov 18, 2020 at 2:39 AM