IDEAS – A New Way of Making Your Voice Heard

1. David Y.
    OS Product Marketing Staff Member Mar 5, 2020

David Y. , Mar 5, 2020 :
    IDEAS_3.png

Update: How does your idea flow within OnePlus > HERE

Hi friends,

Over the years, our Community has gathered thousands of amazing OnePlus users who are dedicated to helping us improve our products and even our brand. That’s why we always explore new ways to better hear from our Community. Today, we are thrilled to introduce a new platform – IDEAS.

IDEAS was created so that you, our OnePlus users, can share your feedback on ways to improve the OnePlus product experience for everyone. Unlike other existing feedback channels, this is a platform where every OnePlus user can comment on an idea or show their support by voting for it!

We see huge potential in IDEAS. As a brand-new feedback platform, it also has room for improvement. As a global beta run, we are currently open to ideas that are related to software, which, we believe, is a perfect area for everyone to dive in.

[How to join]
    1. Log in to your OnePlus Community account.
    2. Submit your idea following the provided tips. It is important to keep your idea clear and neat because you will also have to convince your peers that your idea is worth voting for.
    3. Leave your comments on other ideas, and like your favorite ones.
    [How it works]
    1. The campaign will run from March 5 to April 30, 2020. The review and selection process will be carried out every two weeks, with a total of 4 rounds.
    2. At this point, we’re only accepting ideas that are related to software.
    3. Each round, the top 5 ideas will be selected and ranked according to the total number of likes. Our OS product team will review, discuss and reply to those top 5 most liked ideas. We look forward to gaining more product insights from our Community and sharing internal thoughts on software development.
    4. If your idea is picked for adoption, it will then be implemented by our software R&D team. Idea contributors will also get the corresponding awards.
    [Awards]
    Adopted Ideas
    - A VIP Ticket to an upcoming OnePlus event
    - Round trip with a one-night accommodation

Top 5 Most Liked Ideas
    - 1000 Community credit*
    - Customized Community badge
    - A pair of OnePlus Bullets Wireless 2

Submitted Ideas
    - 20 Community credits (limited to once per day)

[Rules]
    Part 1. Sharing your idea
    1. Your ideas must follow the
    OnePlus Community T&C.
    2. Your ideas should be posted in English, which is our main language of the Community.
    3. One idea request per submission. This way we’ll know exactly which idea our Community is voting for.
    4. No requests asking for software updates.
    5. Please note that we will close ideas that violate the above rules.
    6. We will also close the duplicated idea and provide a link to the original idea.

Part 2. Casting your vote
    1. You cannot vote for your own ideas.
    2. One vote for each idea.

Share your ideas HERE. Keep the ideas coming folks!
    Cheers,

* Community credit stands for Community raffle points.

2. David Y.
    OS Product Marketing Staff Member Mar 5, 2020

David Y. , Mar 5, 2020 :
    Q: When will you announce the winners of the Adopted Ideas?
    A: The full list of Adopted Ideas winners will be revealed in early May. Please keep an eye on our Community for further updates.

Q: Could you shed more light on the 'upcoming OnePlus event' you mentioned?
    A: Sounds fun huh? However, we prefer to keep it a secret for now. Let us enjoy the best part of the IDEAS first.

Q: What happens to the "submit a suggestion" on the feedback platform of the Community app?

A: Good question. It's still open for submissions. We will evaluate how the IDEAS platform works in this beta run. Our ultimate goal is to merge the two platforms into one while offering the best feedback experience.

Q: What happens after the beta run, can I still share my ideas after it ends?
    A: Yes! Your ideas are always welcome. Still, only ideas shared by April 30 are eligible to win the awards from this campaign. In the future, we will evaluate this beta run and iterate accordingly, in order to achieve an even better solution.

3. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Mar 5, 2020

4. script
    Nougat Moderator Mar 5, 2020

script , Mar 5, 2020 :
    Great initiative. I have always been a fan of swarm intelligence, so I am sure many great ideas will be found in this new platform.

All the best to the Community submitting good ideas, and the jury in finding the pearls.

Script

5. anunayC
    Gingerbread Mar 5, 2020

6. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Mar 5, 2020

YRJ , Mar 5, 2020 :
    This is a wonderful initiative, @David Y.
    Much appreciated. Turning the IDEA of building with the community to reality. All the best to the contributors and the team :)

Btw, does community credit mean, raffle points?

Edit: IDEA added ;)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020

Adz0612, MosheG1, Adamkatz and 17 others like this.
  7. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Mar 5, 2020

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020

8. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Mar 5, 2020

camohan , Mar 5, 2020 :
    Yes, please check the last part written in font size -20 :)

9. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Mar 5, 2020

Impersonal , Mar 5, 2020 :
    Another great idea, another platform, another campaign, hopefully this will fair better than previous ones ;) .... I genuinely appreciate good initiatives... so Good Luck with it!

There are currently 2 OnePlus developed apps that absolutely no one is using, the atrocious Community app, and ..... the Camera app, everyone it seems to be using G-cam ports :D
    Yet right here on our community we have a great app, a tool, every photography entusiastical user, is using, obviously I'm taking about YaImCo developed by our beloved @hennes with the help and feedback of many more of our users, in a world where MP count has gone through the roof, a compression app integrated in the Camera app, just makes sense, my idea is that OnePlus should put it's might and power and resources and together with @hennes to further develop and eventually to implement YaImCo into the OP apps, I mean it's already by far the best compression app I've ever used, just think about the possibilities, heck you could even integrate it into the community app so people could upload pictures, and automatically have them 2mb... Also, it would probably benefit the gallery app also

I mean the story behind, it's already briliant, made by OnePlus Community members, for the benefit of OnePlus Community users .... All it lacks is OnePlus involved...

Cheers @David Y. , I truly hope you, all the staff and all your family and friends are fine, couldn't help but think about you guys lately, given the world circumstances ....

Ps: I know this ain't a proper way to express an idea for the new idea platform, I don't care ;), anyways most folks already know, and are awear of the app (including OP staffing), it ain't even really a original idea, more like connecting the dots... an obvious conclusion... and since you've read it, and it's on your "radar" I declare myself satisfied! :)

luxuskamel, drl431, woSch and 30 others like this.
  10. Starcommander
    Lollipop Mar 5, 2020

11. Starcommander
    Lollipop Mar 5, 2020

Starcommander , Mar 5, 2020 :
    @hennes
    FTFY

12. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Mar 5, 2020

YRJ , Mar 5, 2020 :
    Oh! I totally missed it. Thanks for the heads up :)

jlasensiofi, hennes, manuel19 and 4 others like this.
  13. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Mar 5, 2020

Dresa91 , Mar 5, 2020 :
    it is @hennes ;)

drl431, jlasensiofi, hennes and 4 others like this.
  14. AshishSharma353
    Eclair Mar 5, 2020

15. KARY JAKINS .M , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Gray , Mar 5, 2020 :
    i hope my idea will be there in top 5 in upcoming days in software section now and I'm also having unique idea to beat or standout uniquely from other brands for rest of smartphone industry all over the world.. i will tell the ideas in hardware section🤫

AB_hishek likes this.
  16. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Mar 5, 2020

Impersonal , Mar 5, 2020 :
    Of course it is, but maybe @hannes could also help :p, I have a friend named so (short for Johannes) and autocorrect keeps reminding me 😆☝️

Cheers

woSch, jlasensiofi, cdnfarmer and 6 others like this.
  17. Starcommander
    Lollipop Mar 5, 2020

Starcommander , Mar 5, 2020 :
    Happens to me often :p

18. Helder_DAlmeida
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 5, 2020

19. meatandy
    Oreo Mar 5, 2020

meatandy , Mar 5, 2020 :
    I am looking forward to some great ideas being presented in the near future.

20. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Mar 5, 2020

Cheetosdust , Mar 5, 2020 :
    Hello @David Y.

awesome initiative, really curious to see how the community will use it to let OnePlus know about that idea that was always in the back of their minds and also how the platform itself will evolve with the passage of time.

Really well done and a nice example of how the company grew, but still somehow is willing to listen to their community.

To the community, well, now it's literally in your hands. :)

Congratulations once again to you and every Staff Member who was involved in making this happen. :cool: