If you could trade one feature of the OnePlus 2 for NFC and quick charging, what would it be?

1. JHong
    Jelly Bean Aug 2, 2015

JHong , Aug 2, 2015 :
    As the title says, if you could, would you? And if yes, which feature would you give up for it?

The reason i'm asking this is because i simply got tired of everybody complaining about the lack of NFC and saying that the fingerprint sensor is useless without it, the irony and such.

So, are there any features or functions that you personally think is not essential and you'd rather had it swapped out for something else? o_O

To mods: BrettPlusOne, Jevoly feel free to close this thread if it is inappropriate and/or offensive in any way.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015

keithnyc and omairi like this.
  2. Majamulli
    KitKat Aug 2, 2015

Majamulli , Aug 2, 2015 :
    The feature I would give up is one that I don't know and don't care about. But since I don't know it and don't care about it I can't tell you about it....

3. rphlfjrd
    Lollipop Aug 2, 2015

TlathamXmahtalT, NaterTots and 0xTJ like this.
  4. don-doe
    KitKat Aug 2, 2015

5. cezarvrabie
    Jelly Bean Aug 2, 2015

cezarvrabie , Aug 2, 2015 :
    I would trade the SD810 for the SD808 and get quick charging, nfc and possibly better battery life because the 808 consumes less power.

Kyon Denwa, zMastaa, Onyx11 and 8 others like this.
  6. seether84
    Jelly Bean Aug 2, 2015

seether84 , Aug 2, 2015 :
    Maybe usb-c because it's just usb 2 anyway. The OPOs data cable was pretty good...

7. basith16
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2015

zaphod-beeblebrox, dluu and NaterTots like this.
  8. chillz88
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 2, 2015

chillz88 , Aug 2, 2015 :
    That type C shit.. I bet I might have difficulties if I crash at a friends house or I will have to carry their charger everywhere. Funny that their best features might be a deal breaker for me. Not impressed.

9. billycornell17

10. basith16
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2015

basith16 , Aug 2, 2015 :
    I totally agree with you i don't get the point of sacrificing quick charge for type c usb.

youngmouss and Master Hand like this.
  11. RedDragon22
    Honeycomb Aug 2, 2015

gargoyals likes this.
  12. JHong
    Jelly Bean Aug 2, 2015

JHong , Aug 2, 2015 :
    Good point! I'm sure many people have the same thoughts as you. The SD 810 does indeed have a bad reputation (despite the assurances given by OnePlus on their improved Ver 2.1) so this might actually be a win win situation.

NaterTots likes this.
  13. 0xTJ
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2015

0xTJ , Aug 2, 2015 :
    Agreed. Slider just seems to be copying Apple and change theme is not required.

Jordanwantsaoneplus2 likes this.
  14. cezarvrabie
    Jelly Bean Aug 2, 2015

They said in a Reddit AMA that they will include this
    [​IMG]
    with the phone. You could just put it on your keychain I guess.

15. cezarvrabie
    Jelly Bean Aug 2, 2015

The slider IMO is awesome. I use that feature more than once a day and a slider would be very handy. The theme will change only on HydrogenOS, not OxygenOS.

16. JHong
    Jelly Bean Aug 2, 2015

JHong , Aug 2, 2015 :
    Well, there has to be a change to improve right?
    I mean, switching over to new tech always comes at a cost, the initial adoption, adapters, compatibility etc.

gargoyals likes this.
  17. John lemboo
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2015

18. chillz88

chillz88 , Aug 2, 2015 :
    Can't seem to open. It says ' page not available at this time' .Thanks though.

Edit: sorry, saw it now. But still dont like the idea much. Its more like they are forcing me to put their brand in my keychain to flash their name.

Well, I would hope a better change like a NFC or a fast charging option than a USB type 2 port which doesn't give you any proper advantage.

19. deimos11
    KitKat Aug 2, 2015

Denco1 likes this.
  20. JHong
    Jelly Bean Aug 2, 2015

JHong , Aug 2, 2015 :
    Of course it is! But seeing so many hate threads and negative comments i was tempted to know how far the people would go to get the said features on board.

I mean, if the lack of NFC causes such a big outrage then what is considered 'non essential' to the common man?

True, at least not in the near future, other than the reversible nature of it.