IG story and Facebook Picture context menu issue

1. santpreetarora Cupcake Nov 5, 2018

santpreetarora, Nov 5, 2018 :
    Hi guys,

I've recently upgraded to OnePlus 6T from OnePlus 3 and I'm loving the experience. However I've noticed 2 bugs so far.

Facebook Picture bug:

I download a lot of memes from facebook pages to share with my friends. In OnePlus 6T,upon long pressing any pic, the context menu does not appear!! There's a faint white line at the bottom edge of the screen as if the menu's trying to pop up. But it doesn't. If somebody can provide a fix to it, that'd be great.

Instagram Stories Bug:
    Second problem is with Instagram and WhatsApp stories. They seem to get cropped at the sides. This issue is supposedly common with a lot of phones that have a notch and not just OP6T. If anyone has a fix to it, please do let me know.

Regards,
    SP

Darkhan77 and Saurabhgamemaster like this.
  2. Saurabhgamemaster Donut Nov 5, 2018

3. prajnay0 Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 5, 2018

prajnay0, Nov 5, 2018 :
    well it's the fault of the app developer and one plus can't do anything about it

4. lss476 Cupcake Nov 28, 2018

lss476, Nov 28, 2018 :
    So when will the app developer truely realize the problem and fix it ad soon ad possible

5. Neddard KitKat Nov 28, 2018

Neddard, Nov 28, 2018 :
    Have you reported it to the app developer? Or are you more interested in venting here?

6. lss476 Cupcake Nov 28, 2018

lss476, Nov 28, 2018 :
    A little bit disappointed when i noticed this problem. Coz i just switched to 6t couple week ago. I read many comments and tried to figure it out. And the problem haven't been solved since op6. I think many people tried to report problem before. As we can see, they got nothing back from developer by now.

7. AlissonBezerra Eclair Nov 28, 2018

AlissonBezerra, Nov 28, 2018 :
    Yes, we are frustraded, a lot of us, and it's been a long time, but unfortunately there's nothing OP can do. We can only hope that Instagram dev team fix this bug.

(It affects all tall smartphone, such as galaxy s8 and s9,so there are maaaaaany more people than us with this issue)

8. lss476 Cupcake Nov 28, 2018

lss476, Nov 28, 2018 :
    Oh Really?! I thought it just happened on op device. But i didn't hear that problem from my frd when they are using Samsung.

9. AlissonBezerra Eclair Nov 28, 2018

AlissonBezerra, Nov 28, 2018 :
    Well, I haven't seen myself, but read in some samsung fóruns over the web.

10. Phanitp Froyo Nov 28, 2018

Phanitp, Nov 28, 2018 :
    For now you can hide the notch and turn on navigation bar and the cropped issue will appear less .

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018