I'm facing issues with fingerprint scanner in 7t pro McLaren edition via OnePlus 7T Pro

1. Nikhil Muraskar , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Dec 7, 2019 :
    I'm facing issues with fingerprint scanner since last 2 days. I was thinking it not recognising properly due to dusty fingers but after cleaning it then also the same thing happened. As well as I'm facing some general issues such as clearing the notification....

F_Anirban_Mandal_fzTn likes this.
  2. rod_r47
    Donut Dec 7, 2019

rod_r47 , Dec 7, 2019 :
    I have found leaving my finger on the scanner and waiting works best Also I think a quick tap on things, does not cause the extra options to start showing.

3. F_Anirban_Mandal_fzTn
    Donut Dec 8, 2019

F_Anirban_Mandal_fzTn , Dec 8, 2019 :
    Same thing happening with my OnePlus 7 pro.. After every 2 days of use it is not recognizing my fingerprint.. And hence no other way but to restart my phone again and again.. It's a bug or hardware problem with Oneplus 7pro software unit.. Though not a single scratches or dirt still saying dirty finger.. I think there is some AI problem..

4. F_Anirban_Mandal_fzTn
    Donut Dec 8, 2019

F_Anirban_Mandal_fzTn , Dec 8, 2019 :
    Sorry it's OnePlus 7t pro

5. Smurfturf
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2019

Smurfturf , Dec 8, 2019 :
    I'm having the same issue with my 7T Pro 5G McLaren edition. I've had the 6T for a year and the fingerprint scanner worked a lot better on that device. I'm hoping they'll update the software to improve the functionality. The fingerprint scanner didn't work too well when the 6T came out as well.

6. pbernikier
    Froyo Dec 9, 2019

pbernikier , Dec 9, 2019 :
    I have the exact same thing when I got my OnePlus 6T the fingerprint sensor was terrible but then it got better. so now I hope that the same thing happens for the 7T Pro 5G McLaren. (although I know it will take a long time because it has to go through tmo)

7. AnotherAlvarez
    Cupcake Dec 28, 2019

AnotherAlvarez , Dec 28, 2019 :
    I'm finding the fingerprint scanner on the McLaren Edition almost useless. I keep re-training and it keeps failing. The fingerprint scanner will work for a while, but seems like the scanner no longer works after something like the moister level in my skin changes (washing my hands seems to be the common factor so far). This was never an issue with the type of fingerprint scanners on the Nexus 6P, Pixel phones, LG V30, etc. This is my first OnePlus phone and my first fingerprint scanner in the screen and so far I think it is not nearly as good as other types I have used. I don't want to moisten my finger every time I want to unlock my phone. I also tried a glass screen protector with this phone, and even when re-training my fingerprint, it would not work. I'm pretty disappointed in this fingerprint scanner so far. I would just use facial recognition if the selfie/front facing camera didn't need to pop up each time. I think a selfie camera in the body of the phone or a notch in the screen would have been more practical.