I'm genuinely disappointed there's no 3.5mm jack but what's even worse......

1. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Nov 19, 2018

toastytoast1234 , Nov 19, 2018 :
    Much like rickrolling, it's never going to give you up go away. At least with rickrolling you can recognise the url and move on with your life.

2. Ytkuser
    Gingerbread Nov 19, 2018

Ytkuser , Nov 19, 2018 :
    I don't even miss the Jack I just bought a type c headset problem solved , this phone has such good battery life it last all day from 6am till 11 at night. plenty of type c headsets on the market.

3. Multiplatform Gamer
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 19, 2018

Multiplatform Gamer , Nov 19, 2018 :
    I'm glad manufacturers are starting to get rid of the 3.5mm jack. i have been using wireless headsets and earphones even before apple started that trend. It's time to move on and leave old tech behind.

Seagal_aikikai likes this.
  4. squiff
    Eclair Nov 21, 2018

squiff , Nov 21, 2018 :
    I like the facility of the 3.5 jack but accept that it's the trend and we get a larger battery and in screen finger print scanner, so not really that big a deal for me really

5. malidan
    Nougat Nov 21, 2018

malidan , Nov 21, 2018 :
    The fake speaker grill has been there on every device bar the OPO, it's also there on most devices so what's your point?
    The spec sheet sas out there and it was known the 3.5mm phone jack was gone. It was also known there were no stereo speakers, so again what a your point?
    If you are still in your cool off period just send it back, if you ain't you shouldn't have SETTLED.;)

6. loveplus
    Froyo Nov 21, 2018

loveplus , Nov 21, 2018 :
    It's marketing speak to say they removed the 3.5mm jack in exchange for a bigger battery. In reality they removed the headphone jack to make space for the under-display fingerprint reader, which occupies the space at the bottom of the phone. They made the phone thicker to accommodate the bigger battery. You need new gimmicks to sell phones! It used to be about providing the best of what's available for OnePlus.. If that were the case we'd have an ultrasonic fingerprint reader (more secure) instead of an optical one. I feel the 6T is a step backward in that respect, for a brand I know and love this is a poor choice.

Additionally, why can't you use the supplied dongle? They have, at the very least, provided a free stepping stone in the box! More than other manufacturers do!

7. leo.avneet
    Cupcake Nov 22, 2018

leo.avneet , Nov 22, 2018 :
    forget the jack people, it is never coming back in oneplus phone. sooner or later it will phase away from all phones in the market.

8. Lg428
    Froyo Nov 22, 2018

Lg428 , Nov 22, 2018 :
    Return it and get a OnePlus 6 it's the same phone. Problem solved plus the OP6 is $100 off right now

9. rservello
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2018

rservello , Nov 23, 2018 :
    Rumor is, Samsung is ditching it next year.

10. sroman44
    Eclair Nov 23, 2018

sroman44 , Nov 23, 2018 :
    Google sells pixel earbuds with usb c connection (so wired, not wireless) for thirty bucks that I like. They can read you your notifications by holding the volume up button and have great Google Assistant integration. I'm no audiophile though so I can't really say how good the sound quality is. I just like not needing to remove my phone from my pocket to check notifications or send texts or check the time.