I'm sad, I really wanted to love the OP3... [Returning it]

1. jerrymilton
    Jelly Bean Jun 20, 2016

jerrymilton , Jun 20, 2016 :
    did you turn on the "enhanced 4G LTE Mode" setting under "cellular network settings"....I would assume you did. I'm on T Mobile and it says "Device is VoLTE capable" now, but whether it is actually doing so, I know not.

2. 3rutu5
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 20, 2016

3rutu5 , Jun 20, 2016 :
    Hmmm....I wonder, if the OPO was the internation model with most bands, why did they go into different models/band regions for the OP2, OPX and OP3? Surely it could have been used again.

Being from the land down under, it makes it difficult (not impossible so put the flame throwers away) to pick the right one using a VPN and mail forwarder and one of the lazy reasons I repurchased the One

3. Spliffman
    KitKat Jun 20, 2016

Spliffman , Jun 20, 2016 :
    I find this a totally ridiculous and irrelevant post. I am disappointed in myself for wasting 5 mins reading it.

twaffle and theshinybeast like this.
  4. Pytajnik
    Honeycomb Jun 20, 2016

Pytajnik , Jun 20, 2016 :
    It's not about cost, 500mAh battery cost less than 2GB more of RAM for sure. Cheap phone like xiaomi redmi 3 note (less than 200 $) have 4000mAh battery. It's all about not best decision of making "thin" phone design with cost of smaller battery.

5. bok.choii
    Gingerbread Jun 20, 2016

bok.choii , Jun 20, 2016 :
    You seem pretty uninformed of your purchase.

6. Keshiji
    Gingerbread Jun 21, 2016

Keshiji , Jun 21, 2016 :
    Just to be clear, I'm amazed how some users are acting the same way as an Apple or Samsung fanboy when you tell them there's something "wrong".

Why not?

The term "blindly trust" is in fact correct as I did in fact trust them blindly (I shouldn't have) when I purchased the phone. I thought all the big issues I knew about would be solved but sadly that wasn't the case.

Once again, their product is fine but everything surrounding the phone is not. The accumulation of those "issues" (some being more important than others) made me feel buyers remorse and insecurity about my purchase. I'm sure that for some people post-service isn't as important as the device itself but for me it's in fact extremely important.

Keep in mind (like I've said a good number of times in this thread) not the all information was available during the Loop and that's something OnePlus should've done better (and I should've waited too, but I feared it would go out of stock. But, that's my fault as I should've waited anyway.)

I know what I did wrong (I've said this a good number of times as well) but setting that aside OnePlus should've done some things better as well.

I made this thread in hopes someone from the company would check it and see if they can improve it the important issues (the ones they seem worthy).

You're in fact correct. I have some wishful thoughts about the device itself but they are mostly nitpicks, my biggest issue is post-service/process/launch experience.

And like I said earlier, probably for some people those things aren't THAT important, specially post-service. But for me it's important.

If you can't understand the reason behind the post then I'm sorry, but that's not my fault. And yes, I did in fact buy the phone!

Linanc7 likes this.
  7. twaffle
    Gingerbread Jun 21, 2016

twaffle , Jun 21, 2016 :
    And are some of the ONLY phones on the market to do so. So, go buy them. :p And no, the 2 GB of memory cost them next to nothing, as it's just choosing one chip over the other, with the second chip costing not a whole lot more then the first one. There is no physical change to the phone to support 6GB vs 4GB.

cssoz likes this.
  8. twaffle
    Gingerbread Jun 21, 2016

twaffle , Jun 21, 2016 :
    And yet, sanctioning ripping off a company by ordering their products and then returning it because the individual just wants to cause a hard time is all great. I'm guessing he's also going to be issuing a charge back illegally because of his own lack of actually reading information that was readily at his fingertips.

9. twaffle
    Gingerbread Jun 21, 2016

twaffle , Jun 21, 2016 :
    So, your returning a product because the marketing brochure you happened to be looking at didn't have the full information? And this is the companies fault, how?

You still haven't said what provider your using to back up the lack of bands statement, FYI.

10. twaffle
    Gingerbread Jun 21, 2016

twaffle , Jun 21, 2016 :
    It kind of amazes me that when dozens of people think your post is garbage, that the issue is obviously theirs.

11. barb
    Nougat Jun 21, 2016

barb , Jun 21, 2016 :
    Are you sure you don't miss the point of this thread?

12. twaffle
    Gingerbread Jun 21, 2016

twaffle , Jun 21, 2016 :
    No, I'm not even sure he ever even purchased the phone via the app.

13. twaffle
    Gingerbread Jun 21, 2016

twaffle , Jun 21, 2016 :
    If he was wanting to provide this feedback to OnePlus, he would send a written letter, or perhaps, send it directly to OnePlus themselves. He claims to have done research, but all of the answers where provided, and specifications where available, just not in the 'Ubercool 3d app'. Bunch of us call out BS.

14. Keshiji
    Gingerbread Jun 21, 2016

Keshiji , Jun 21, 2016 :
    At this point I'm not even sure if it's worth my time (or anyone's time) to answer this troll.

He can't read or even comprehend and is assuming things he shouldn't have.

But... eh, I'll answer him one more time.

Surprise, it IS their fault to not have that information available when it should have been.

I repeat, the information wasn't available during the Loop but I suppose you didn't even try it or you didn't even buy your device during it. And I was thinking to take the phone to Chile, where the B28 is being implemented.

And this is a forum, a space created to debate and share ideas/views/provide feedback/etc. OnePlus also takes part of this community and checks the what's being written, so yeah... It's a great place to share my views with others.

15. Malek777
    Eclair Jun 21, 2016

Malek777 , Jun 21, 2016 :
    In canada the whole oneplus 3 is half the price compared to other phones doesn't stand true. The oneplus 3 costs 600 dollars shipped to Canada, for that price you can an lg g5, s7 and If you add an extra 100 you get an s7 edge bnib.

It's a good deal in other countries but not here.

16. 我的mobile
    Eclair Jun 21, 2016

17. gringoboy
    Lollipop Jun 21, 2016

gringoboy , Jun 21, 2016 :
    It has a point?

twaffle likes this.
  18. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Jun 21, 2016

gringoboy likes this.
  19. run_dkc
    Gingerbread Jun 21, 2016