I'm stuck in a weird kind of boot loop. Can anyone help?

1. jpatches
    Froyo Dec 26, 2015

jpatches , Dec 26, 2015 :
    I was on Marsh 1.8 rom by Aahhh and It seemed a bit buggy to me so I restored to a previous backup. It restored fine, but after a minute or two after the boot up, it rebooted. It booted up fine, but rebooted again after about a minute. I tried wiping cache, dalvik cache, factory reset, clean flashing different roms, but the curious reboot a minute into a successful boot remains. I can go into recovery, but for obvious reasons cannot connect the phone to the computer for long. Can anybody help me with this issue?

2. geoff78
    Gingerbread Dec 26, 2015

geoff78 , Dec 26, 2015 :
    If you still have the ROM and gapps zips, I'd suggest just clean flashing and starting fresh, wiping data, system, cache and dalvik. I know it's a pain in the balls, but it'll most likely fix it

ayk1982 and VasuJain1970 like this.
  3. jpatches
    Froyo Dec 26, 2015

Thanks for your reply. The thing is, I have tried clean flash of all the rom files I have on my phone, which are the marsh 1.7.1, 11/29 build of sultan's marshmallow rom, and 5.1 euphoria rom and I did it after wiping data, system, cache, and dalvik. The problem persists. Maybe it is a hardware issue?

4. geoff78
    Gingerbread Dec 26, 2015

geoff78 , Dec 26, 2015 :
    Hmmm. I don't know what kind of hardware issue would cause bootloops.

Did you update your firmware before jumping to 6.0?

5. jpatches
    Froyo Dec 26, 2015

I was already on marshmallow, but as for my firmware, the zip file on my phone is OnePlusFirmware-20150617

6. geoff78
    Gingerbread Dec 26, 2015

geoff78 , Dec 26, 2015 :
    That's pretty dated. I know when I jumped to certain marshmallow builds, I needed updating. I grabbed the latest cm12.1 nightly, went to recovery full wiped, flashed cm, wiped again, flashed the ROM I wanted and gapps and all was well. Worth a try

ayk1982 likes this.
  7. ShadowMajin
    Donut Dec 26, 2015

ShadowMajin , Dec 26, 2015 :
    Check to see if you have signal or IMEI. If not, it's possible that you have corrupted EFS partition while restoring the backup. This "brickloop" happened to me (was a pain to fix), so just be cautious. If you do have IMEI, then you're in luck - you most likely need to update your firmware as @geoff78 stated. Good luck

8. jpatches
    Froyo Jan 2, 2016

jpatches , Jan 2, 2016 :
    Sorry for not responding. I was busy with paperwork that I needed to take care of. Upon reading your response, I first searched for firmware zip files and I found one on the Marsh 1.8 thread, named "Flash Racpu_Radio_CM12.1...zip" I again wiped and flashed it, but the problem remained.

I then went to the cyanogenmod page and downloaded the 11-17 release of 12.1 os, and wiped and flashed. The problems continued. Do you have any other ideas that I might try? Thank you for all your help so far.

9. jpatches
    Froyo Jan 2, 2016

jpatches , Jan 2, 2016 :
    Sorry for not responding. I was busy with paperwork that I needed to take care of. I first tried the suggestions by geoff78, but nothing worked. So I then opened up the dial pad in the short time I had before it rebooted, and looked for the IMEI. There was no IMEI number to be found. So according to your previous post, I am out of luck. Is there another suggestion that you could make to me? Even if you don't, thank you for all your help so far.

10. chris_wds
    Honeycomb Jan 2, 2016

chris_wds , Jan 2, 2016 :
    Did you ever did a backup of your imei or your efs folder with an root explorer or with TWRP
    If you never did a backup of your efs/imei than you can create youreself but it's risky and I don't know if it's legal
    Sorry for my english if i did some mistakes

11. jpatches
    Froyo Jan 2, 2016

jpatches , Jan 2, 2016 :
    No, I'm afraid I have not done a backup of those files or folders. I really should have done more research before tinkering with custom software...

12. chris_wds
    Honeycomb Jan 2, 2016

I Know it's super weird and you can ne afraid but you have to keep calme :)

But on your Nandroid backup did you had the "efs" case check ? If ysd try to restore your nandroid backup just on checking the "efs" case

13. jpatches
    Froyo Jan 2, 2016

jpatches , Jan 2, 2016 :
    I'm on twrp 2.8.6.0 and when I go into the restore section, the boxes are:

firmware
    modem_st1
    system
    data
    cache
    persist
    boot

and all the boxes are checked. I don't see an "efs" case anywhere. I am doing ok as I am using an old lg phone in the meantime, but I would like to take care of this soon as I miss my one lol

14. raphyv23
    Cupcake Jan 2, 2016

raphyv23 , Jan 2, 2016 :
    It seems that you don't have an efs backup. usually it should be in that folder check your older nandroid backups maybe you will have luck

15. CBpbxEcmecmBeH
    Jelly Bean Jan 2, 2016

CBpbxEcmecmBeH , Jan 2, 2016 :
    if the problem is EFS, see post #1 (look for fixes) in H2OS thread

16. chris_wds
    Honeycomb Jan 2, 2016

he
    he has an OnePlus One

Look on Google for persist.img and did you tried to flash the stock ROM ?if not try it
    And look for this https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/one-resolu-probleme-oneplus-one-pas-d-imei.238345/ (sorry it's in french but you can use an translator ;) ) and try to use the unbrick software

17. jpatches
    Froyo Jan 2, 2016

jpatches , Jan 2, 2016 :
    Actually, I've done some research since then, and I have finally stopped the bootloop,
    after going into fastboot, then typing the following commands.

fastboot erase modemst1
    fastboot erase modemst2
    fastboot erase persist

I then booted into recovery, flashed the persist.zip I found on xda, and then flashed cm 12.1 nightly.
    I am so relieved that the bootloops no longer occur, but I still don't have an IMEI number, so I have some more research to do before being able to use the phone again. I hear flashing oxygen os is a possible solution. Stock OS would be the cm11s right? Should I flash that instead?

18. chris_wds
    Honeycomb Jan 2, 2016

19. CaBooSe
    Gingerbread Jan 2, 2016

CaBooSe , Jan 2, 2016 :
    i think it goes like:
    fastboot devices

fastboot erase persist

fastboot flash persist persist.img

fastboot reboot

20. chris_wds
    Honeycomb Jan 2, 2016

I don't know if it will work but put your previous backup(before the Bootloop) on your computer and on Windows explorer open the Nandroid backup and search for "EFS" and if you find a folder(not a file) called "EFS" tell me