I'm stuck in a weird kind of boot loop. Can anyone help?

1. jpatches
    Froyo Jan 2, 2016

jpatches , Jan 2, 2016 :
    I have 4 backup files in my twrp folder and none of them have a folder called EFS. I accessed these files from my phone in MTP connection and just incase I really need to access the files from my computer's backup, I am copying the files now, but it will take 2 hours as the backup files are quite large.

Oh, and as it is, the phone doesn't recognize my sim card so I can't call anyone.

2. chris_wds
    Honeycomb Jan 2, 2016

3. chris_wds
    Honeycomb Jan 2, 2016

4. chris_wds
    Honeycomb Jan 2, 2016

chris_wds , Jan 2, 2016 :
    And can you call someone/ connect to the wifi and is your sim code is asked when you boot your phone ?

5. itsinder
    Froyo Jan 2, 2016

CBpbxEcmecmBeH likes this.
  6. chris_wds
    Honeycomb Jan 2, 2016

and if the process on the video doesn't work look this video
    But first try itsinder's method

7. ayk1982
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 2, 2016

ayk1982 , Jan 2, 2016 :
    I came into this thread interested to find how you got yourself in a weird bootloop however when I read the details in your post it was rather disappointing that your phone was stuck in bootloop rather than yourself.
    Nothing interesting nowadays on the forum,you see:D

8. jpatches
    Froyo Jan 2, 2016

9. chris_wds
    Honeycomb Jan 2, 2016

Don't worry it will work but did you tried to do what they said in the video ?

10. ShadowMajin
    Donut Jan 2, 2016

ShadowMajin , Jan 2, 2016 :
    I tried this when I was in the same situation, also with colorOS. It won't restore IMEI. When I flashed colorOS, I got stuck in a hard brick, so I used the cm11s fix brick tool, and I was able to get out of the brick, however, I still had no IMEI/baseband or an EFS img saved on my internal storage. Here's what I did:

1.Install adb and fastboot on computer
    2.Boot into bootloader (vol up + power)
    3.connect to adb(phone to pc)
    4.type 'adb devices' to confirm that your device is recognized
    5. type these commands:
    'fastboot erase modemst1'
    'fastboot erase modemst2'
    'fastboot erase persist'
    'reboot recovery'
    6. In recovery, flash oxygenOS(make sure you download this); Everything should be working after this, you can continue to flash ROMs as you choose.

jpatches likes this.
  11. jpatches
    Froyo Jan 23, 2016

jpatches , Jan 23, 2016 :
    Just an update for interested parties. I wrote a ticket and had a tech session with a level 2 support.
    He could not restore the efs partition and imei and concluded that it was a hardware issue.
    It's totally my fault for not knowing fully about the risks and steps that I needed to take before installing custom software. Remember to backup your efs partition before doing anything.

12. CBpbxEcmecmBeH
    Jelly Bean Jan 23, 2016

CBpbxEcmecmBeH , Jan 23, 2016 :
    Follow the post above yours to fix all your issues, you're not the first one to have accidentally corrupted your EFS partition.

13. jpatches
    Froyo Jan 23, 2016

jpatches , Jan 23, 2016 :
    Hi, thanks for the reply. I actually tried this, but it hard bricked my phone, and it took me a while to recover after that. Kind of makes me afraid to try again. I need to follow the oxygen os flashing guide in forum right? which version should I download and flash?

Edit: I'll try version 1.0. Thanks!
    Edit 2: Holy Moly! it worked. Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016

CBpbxEcmecmBeH likes this.
  14. CBpbxEcmecmBeH
    Jelly Bean Jan 23, 2016

CBpbxEcmecmBeH , Jan 23, 2016 :
    Of course v1, the post was written sort of long time ago :)
    I'm glad it worked out for you!!! It seems to be very difficult to really break the OPO. ;)

jpatches and itsinder like this.
  15. jpatches
    Froyo Jan 24, 2016

jpatches , Jan 24, 2016 :
    I'm sorry to bother you, but I actually tried to flash Darkroba's Rom after restoring the IMEI and the baseband. However, when I did, I was stuck on the boot logo. I found out that the problem was due to a corrupted persist.img, and replaced it with one I downloaded off of xda. But when I did that, the IMEI and the baseband were gone again. Do you think that I will have to use oxygen forever, or is there a way to go back to cm based roms?

p.s. I am trying to back up efs partition through twrp and through other tools. It is failing. Any tips?

16. CBpbxEcmecmBeH
    Jelly Bean Jan 24, 2016

CBpbxEcmecmBeH , Jan 24, 2016 :
    I would try to flash ColorOS ROM, preferably the Chinese version. Maybe even 1.2 that is based on 4.3.
    Please use official TWRP only, 2.8.6.0. Mosy of the reports for losing one's EFS were made with modified recovery, that can back up that partition. Use adb to secure it once it's fine.
    Persist.IMG where from XDA did you get it? Why? Oxygen/ColorOS has it in the zip. Why not use that?
    Also, are you moving away from Oxygen the proper way? By first flashing a CM nightly, or please do check it since I haven't used it, but I'd read it was a "special" way to do that ;)

jpatches likes this.
  17. CBpbxEcmecmBeH
    Jelly Bean Jan 24, 2016

Attached Files:

jpatches likes this.
  18. jpatches
    Froyo Jan 24, 2016

jpatches , Jan 24, 2016 :
    Again, Thanks for your help! I took your second advice and flashed cm nightly first and that did the trick. I hope this is the last time I bother you!

19. CBpbxEcmecmBeH
    Jelly Bean Jan 24, 2016

CBpbxEcmecmBeH , Jan 24, 2016 :
    You're not bothering at all :) I'm just happy I could help out.