I'm Worried About The One :/

1. pyroteknikid
    Gingerbread Sep 21, 2014

pyroteknikid , Sep 21, 2014 :
    I like where they're going. It's always a risk supporting a new company. As I understand it, they don't have the manpower to provide the support some people need. That is one reason for the invite system...to try and manage growth. I am willing to take the risk and support their company.

2. ultrapowerpie
    Eclair Sep 21, 2014

ultrapowerpie , Sep 21, 2014 :
    I've been wondering myself, because I've been browsing the Technical Support forum, and it's not just slow CS, but there's some downright horrible reports of the CS department not doing anything until the person escalated it to a PayPal Dispute.

The phone seems to be excellent for most people, but if there is an issue, it seems like it's really bad and that it's just better to just get the refund from the first 14 day guarantee they have then to try to get it fixed...

Still they've at least stated they've had issues and are trying to resolve them, so hopefully in time things will get better with customer support.

3. DSS18
    Honeycomb Sep 21, 2014

DSS18 , Sep 21, 2014 :
    You have not been waiting that long you joined yesterday good try

4. Stew2
    Jelly Bean Sep 21, 2014

Stew2 , Sep 21, 2014 :
    They are a good phone and if you get one without problems it's great :).
    However, if you have problems, or drop it and break your screen, your in for a very (very!) long wait to get it repaired as you have to send it back to China. And if the problem is your fault, you'll have to pay shipping both ways as well. I really hope that OnePlus can sort out the customer support and get parts out so local repairs can be done or I don't really see the company lasting.

velanic likes this.
  5. dragon2777
    Jelly Bean Sep 21, 2014

dragon2777 , Sep 21, 2014 :
    I have been seeing that you will get the problem sorted out but it will take a long time

6. DSS18
    Honeycomb Sep 21, 2014

DSS18 , Sep 21, 2014 :
    Ok hopefully it will go well for everyone

7. pancakesop
    Honeycomb Sep 21, 2014

pancakesop , Sep 21, 2014 :
    I do believe that OPO has a bright and awesome future ahead of him. Just give it time and I'm sure most of you guys will start seeing more and more OPO around you :)

8. Jerry
    Honeycomb Sep 21, 2014

Jerry , Sep 21, 2014 :
    We are rapidly increasing the size of our support team. You also have a 14-day no questions asked return period.

pyroteknikid and CurtNwv like this.
  9. CurtNwv
    Honeycomb Sep 21, 2014

CurtNwv , Sep 21, 2014 :
    An ode to uncertainty :D

10. LDanielK
    Gingerbread Sep 21, 2014

LDanielK , Sep 21, 2014 :
    I have really high hopes for this phone and I really do want it

Here is the run down that I'm seeing around the net about this situation.

As some tech blogs have stated, the yellow band problem is never going away. It was a problem on the Find7a, and it was only corrected when Oppo was potentially going to be threatened with a class action law suit. OPO is speculated to be using all those same screens that Oppo didn't scrap. This problem is stated to never be going away without a redesign on the product.

Is this true or not? I have no clue, but that's what I'm seeing everywhere and it seems to be based on no fact or first hand knowledge.

As far as customer support goes, it's up in the air. Half say it's fine and the other half seem to have to wait up to a week to receive follow up emails and sometimes they refuse to open up RMAs.

Their follow up rate for customer service seems to be really hurting their reputation on smaller tech blogs.

With that said, a lot of people have perfectly working phones with no issues. It's just sad that it's essentially a coin flip.

11. DSS18
    Honeycomb Sep 21, 2014

DSS18 , Sep 21, 2014 :
    That's good but what if its after that time period. Like a problem with software or hardwar that starts happening.

12. DSS18
    Honeycomb Sep 21, 2014

DSS18 , Sep 21, 2014 :
    Right

13. Julia24
    Honeycomb Sep 21, 2014

Julia24 , Sep 21, 2014 :

Could you please comment on this recent post in CS failure? https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...about-my-1-1-doa-nightmare-true-story.118123/

If a manufacturing defect occurs the consumer should not be blamed and told that the product is tested and all phones work perfectly after they leave the manufacturing floor. No company has a 100% defect free rate coming out of manufacturing. To blame the end user for a broken phone when clearly they received a lemon upon delivery as a result of either turbulent shipping, manufacturing defect, etc... is very poor customer service. This individual wasn't even looking for a refund. He just wanted an exchange for a phone that actually turned on and worked properly. It's issues like this that make me doubt the sincerity of the company.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014

indika and Dasilva0902 like this.
  14. vinoottanz
    Gingerbread Sep 21, 2014

vinoottanz , Sep 21, 2014 :
    C'mon.. you are not buying an aircraft carrier or something like that. Just a phone that might last you 2 or 3 years. And it doesn't cost you an arm or leg. You have to take a chance to get this in your hands.

15. Deactivated User
    Sep 21, 2014

16. DSS18
    Honeycomb Sep 21, 2014

DSS18 , Sep 21, 2014 :
    Ya that deffinetly makes me want to fork ove 350 dollars.

17. peteryu
    KitKat Sep 21, 2014

peteryu , Sep 21, 2014 :
    it rhymes..?

18. Wah007
    Jelly Bean Sep 21, 2014

Wah007 , Sep 21, 2014 :
    Run while you can. I've heard some scary stories.

If you're phone comes dead on arrival they will charge you something like 300 dollars to repair it apparently

19. DSS18
    Honeycomb Sep 21, 2014

DSS18 , Sep 21, 2014 :
    Wow that's great, lovely company that just gives you a broken phone and makes you pay

20. velanic
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2014

velanic , Sep 21, 2014 :
    It was worth a try though, desperate measures atm lol