I'm Worried About The One :/

1. scaryeire
    Froyo Sep 21, 2014

scaryeire , Sep 21, 2014 :
    Try Figure it out for yourself if it's a soft wear problem, the XDA forum is a good place to start there are loads of people there willing to help. Plus you will learn more about how your phone works and the Android OpenSource community. Just my opinion tho!

2. sujith88
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2014

3. mingtrinh
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 21, 2014

mingtrinh , Sep 21, 2014 :
    i guess if you buy any china branded stuff you take a higher risk and don't expect Customer Services or Warranty :)

4. mike0miller

mike0miller , Sep 21, 2014 :
    If you absolutely cannot do without your phone in the event of failure
    DO NOT PURCHASE

Bottom line: this is a tekky phone

5. mike0miller

If you absolutely cannot do without your phone in the event of failure...
    DO NOT PURCHASE

Running down to the ATT, T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint... store is not an option.

6. mike0miller

If you absolutely cannot do without your phone in the event of failure
    DO NOT PURCHASE

Bottom line: this is a techy phone and not suitable for the mainstream public.

Deactivated User likes this.
  7. DSS18
    Honeycomb Sep 21, 2014

DSS18 , Sep 21, 2014 :
    Are you satisfied by it

8. Naquadah
    Gingerbread Sep 21, 2014

Naquadah , Sep 21, 2014 :
    "We are rapidly increasing"...again, just a bunch of nonsense. Since you guys called me a liar, I have now no problem calling every single one of you idiots in the CS team a liar too. You are liars. You are not real. You are all bots.

You go around writing one or two posts advertising for a good product and CS in every single thread asking for an opinion on that before purchase, and then when people ask you for comments to what they've been witnessing which has been the opposite to a good CS, then you guys all shut up and never say anything more. THAT is the truth about your so called Customer Service. The simple truth is, that you don't have any CS at all. It's just a mimic. You failed to allow me an RMA for a dead device after 6 weeks. You call that "increasing the size of our support team"????!!

Oh C'mon, just get off your high horses and at least be truthful and admit that your CS sucks. In order to improve and increase something, you at least have to HAVE a shred of that thing for it to be increased and improved. You have ZERO to begin with, so any improvement or increase will still equal to ZERO.

Well, since I'm the sucker who was treated that way, just let me say, that during my 40 yrs of life, I have NEVER encountered such insult. This Tammy character (I don't know if this was the 7:th or 8:th or 9:th person I talked to, don't keep the count anymore) simply told me that they had control over 100% av their shipped products and that it was working fine after it arrived to my home and that it went broke after a couple of days so it's my fault!!! I'm not sure whether this Tammy idiot person was a fly on the wall, but I wish that would have been the case, because then she would have seen that nothing worked on this unit from the start.

I can take a lot, but not when I'm told to be a liar.
    The CS team are the liars here. They lie about EVERYTHING. And then they wanna find a way to charge you for more money. Their philosophy is, that even if 2 out of 50 people by mistake or out of stupidity actually DID pay them for repairing work under warranty, something that should have been free....then they have made extra money.

NEVER forget that this is a Chinese based company. This is their way of doing business. They would go to any length to take your money. They don't care about reputation or the future, they'd rather take your money, declare chapter eleven, and then come up as a newcomer again with a different brand name.
    I knew all that, but I was not expected to be called a liar, I still was hoping they would respect their customers.

So my advice:
    Look for something else! If you wanna take a chance, then so be it. But if you happen to get into trouble by having issues with your phone, then you're on your own. The company has clearly told many customers during the last month or so that they will NOT send any more replacements. So if you're unlucky as I was, you'll be on your own. And no, there's NO help to get from a CS that does not exist.

9. mike0miller

Is there still someone reading this thread who wants to take a chance?

PM me if you are ready. I have exactly one invite left.

10. DSS18
    Honeycomb Sep 21, 2014

DSS18 , Sep 21, 2014 :
    I. Ready to take the chance

11. DSS18
    Honeycomb Sep 21, 2014

DSS18 , Sep 21, 2014 :
    I really want the phone so itll be worth it

12. doubledownwookie

doubledownwookie , Sep 21, 2014 :
    I Basically decided that if my hardware dies, I'm SOL. I'll go through the wickets to replace if its within a year, but expect to be without a phone for a month. It takes them like 10 days to reply to an issue.

Dasilva0902 likes this.
  13. Deactivated User
    Sep 21, 2014

14. Luke180
    Froyo Sep 21, 2014

15. nathan-96
    Gingerbread Sep 21, 2014

nathan-96 , Sep 21, 2014 :
    I used to import Chinese phones, they can even arrive as broke or fake. Here you have at least the option to send it back

16. darthliquor
    Honeycomb Sep 21, 2014

darthliquor , Sep 21, 2014 :
    You should go have a look at what is happening here: https://forums.oneplus.net/forums/tech-support/

17. rjplace
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2014

rjplace , Sep 21, 2014 :
    3 invites to give
    if there is a way to private message me, then the first 3 people to do so can have an invite

18. zabakingboy
    KitKat Sep 21, 2014

zabakingboy , Sep 21, 2014 :
    I don't shop at Walmart actually lol
    But HTC has an excellent return policy, where they send you a new phone with instructions on sending the phone back without trying to place blame on someone else for weeks.
    The least decent thing to do for OP is to make the refund process easier, but they can't even do that.

19. peteryu
    KitKat Sep 21, 2014

peteryu , Sep 21, 2014 :
    you are the best. :D

20. Julia24
    Honeycomb Sep 21, 2014

Julia24 , Sep 21, 2014 :
    I'm so glad I sold mine. I think this company is headed for a class action lawsuit.