IMEI/Serial Num sticker -- remove it or keep it?

?

IMEI/Serial# sticker -- remove it or keep it?

Poll closed Jul 15, 2016.
  1. Keep it - it's got important info if my phone gets lost or stolen!

16 vote(s)
    18.6%
  2. Remove it - it's too ugly!

57 vote(s)
    66.3%
  3. I'm still torn

5 vote(s)
    5.8%
  4. Other (please elaborate in a reply below)

8 vote(s)
    9.3%
  1. srlawren
    Honeycomb Jun 24, 2016

srlawren , Jun 24, 2016 :
    Hey guys, what do you think about the ugly sticker under the camera with your IMEI and serial number info? Did you/do you plan to remove it, or keep it?

I hate the way it looks, but then for now I've got a [black apricot] OEM case on the phone, so I can't even see it. Unless of course, I take it out of the case to show someone, OR, get a more transparent smoked TPU case down the road. If I leave it on now, will it get harder to peel off later and leave more residue etc?

On the other hand, it contains useful info that might be used if your phone is lost or stolen and is screen-locked so that people can't get in to find the IMEI etc in the settings.

What do you guys think? Please vote, and of course weigh in with comments as you see fit. Thanks!

2. hahaha2223
    Jelly Bean Jun 24, 2016

hahaha2223 , Jun 24, 2016 :
    just put it in the box, its usefull information to keep stored away from the phone

geo07, pa5t1s, GonP97 and 5 others like this.
  3. zebbad
    Froyo Jun 24, 2016

zebbad , Jun 24, 2016 :
    Peel it off and stick it on the inside of your case.

Also, how does your black apricot case look? I ordered one but still waiting for delivery on that and the phone.

srlawren likes this.
  4. 3rdschulz
    Gingerbread Jun 24, 2016

Ozone74, srlawren, albmik and 2 others like this.
  5. srlawren
    Honeycomb Jun 24, 2016

srlawren , Jun 24, 2016 :
    Thanks for the feedback so far everybody. :) Please keep it coming.

OMG that's brilliant, why didn't I think of that? Best of both worlds. Thanks! I think I will go this route.

Beautiful, best looking of the cases IMHO, although I've only ever seen the others in pictures. I normally prefer a TPU case which is why I'm thinking I may eventually go that route, but I was seduced by the appearance of the black apricot, plus the convenience of getting it all together and having the phone protected from day 1. I have to say it appears to offer more protection that I had expected from photos, too (though I still think a TPU case would probably withstand drops better). I'll try to post a few photos a bit later.

6. srlawren
    Honeycomb Jun 25, 2016

pa5t1s likes this.
  7. Tobikage
    Nougat Jun 25, 2016

Tobikage , Jun 25, 2016 :
    Snap a photo + save it on another trusted device (in case you tear it) , remove it and keep it in the box (if it's removed unharmed) and keep it in the box just in case you need to open a ticket.

pa5t1s and Linanc7 like this.
  8. zebbad
    Froyo Jun 25, 2016

9. srlawren
    Honeycomb Jun 25, 2016

srlawren , Jun 25, 2016 :
    No problem. I hope you love it as much as I'm loving mine. :)

10. electric0ant
    Eclair Jun 28, 2016

electric0ant , Jun 28, 2016 :
    I used the phone for about a week, now that i decided to keep the phone i removed the sticker. however now there is a mark where the sticker was. I tried cleaning with alcohol and it makes no difference. It doesn't feel like there is any residue there either.
    I'm really hoping it was that the aluminium changed colour slightly from the week of use and obviously the area covered by the sticker was not exposed, and will change colour to match. this is really bugging me

11. Pedro120
    Gingerbread Jun 28, 2016

fabio978 likes this.
  12. mah
    Froyo Jun 28, 2016

mah , Jun 28, 2016 :

I have a question.. is it just plastic, or is it made of some wood? I'm not sure about this.. Have seen a few reviews and one guy said it has no texture, it's just plastic.. If so I'm going for the sandstone one (which has definetely texture) :D

13. ocp15k
    Eclair Jun 28, 2016

14. jdm1873
    Cupcake Jun 28, 2016

15. srlawren
    Honeycomb Jun 28, 2016

srlawren , Jun 28, 2016 :
    Hey all. For the record, I have now removed the sticker and stuck it to the inside of my black apricot case. :) Problem solved!

The inner layer is Kevlar, the outer layer is real wood, treated using some fancy process. I had seen a link on their site (http://www.evutec.com/ - the company that makes these cases for OnePlus), but now I can't find it. It detailed the process they use to treat the wood and then mold it to the kevlar and stuff. There isn't a lot of texture to it, as they polish the outside layer for appearance. It's less slippery than just the naked phone, but still fairly slippery. If grip is your concern, then yes sandstone is a better choice.

16. o0p0
    Eclair Jun 28, 2016

o0p0 , Jun 28, 2016 :
    Remove it and keep it safely inside the packaging that came with the phone.

17. LegoDK
    Honeycomb Jun 28, 2016

LegoDK , Jun 28, 2016 :
    Removed it and put it on the box! - I always save the box! Increases resale value :)

18. mah
    Froyo Jun 29, 2016

mah , Jun 29, 2016 :
    Thanks for this awesome description! :)

srlawren likes this.
  19. srlawren
    Honeycomb Jun 29, 2016

srlawren , Jun 29, 2016 :
    My pleasure! What did you end up deciding?

20. G_dhanraj_shetty_HIzR
    Cupcake Mar 5, 2017