[Important] Bootloader wont unlock after relock?

1. Reloaded
    Honeycomb Jul 22, 2015

Reloaded , Jul 22, 2015 :
    I reset my phone to stock and re locked the boot loader, but I wanted to flash a zip so I went onto the oneplus one toolkit and pressed lock boot loader by accident when it was already locked but nothing happened so I installed TWRP by unlocking it in cmd through fastboot and installed my sip with was to reset tamper flag and re locked my boot loader.

But now I need to get root again, but I cant unlock my boot loader. I try "
    fastboot oem unlock" in cmd and cmd says success and my phone just reboots back into cm 11 but it hasn't actually unlocked the boot loader because when I try and flash in cmd it says boot loader is locked. And for some reason I have no recovery . How do I fix this?

2. Me1256
    KitKat Jul 22, 2015

Me1256 , Jul 22, 2015 :
    Are you turning it back on and enabling usb debugging after the phone is reset?

3. Aaahh
    Marshmallow Jul 22, 2015

tEf0o likes this.
  4. Reloaded
    Honeycomb Jul 22, 2015

let me try it.

5. Reloaded
    Honeycomb Jul 22, 2015

Yea, when I try to unlock in cmd the phone reboots

6. Reloaded
    Honeycomb Jul 22, 2015

How would they have root privileges if the bootloader is locked

7. Reloaded
    Honeycomb Jul 22, 2015

8. Reloaded
    Honeycomb Jul 22, 2015

I have fastboot and a working ROM. I just need fast boot OEM unlock to push a new recovery to it

9. Aaahh
    Marshmallow Jul 22, 2015

Aaahh , Jul 22, 2015 :
    You can relock after rooting

tEf0o likes this.
  10. DaxNagtegaal
    Marshmallow Jul 22, 2015

11. Me1256
    KitKat Jul 22, 2015

Me1256 , Jul 22, 2015 :
    After it being reset, enable usb/adb debugging and flash twrp like you otherwise would.

12. Reloaded
    Honeycomb Jul 22, 2015

Thanks for all your help bro (sarcasm). I managed to fix it myself.

EDIT: ppl recommended you because you actually helped people and solve the problem. All I saw was a cocky person not even attempting to help me. Thanks

13. Reloaded
    Honeycomb Jul 22, 2015

Good guess but that didnt work cause I have not boo loader access. I managed to fix it anyways.

EDIT: thank you bro for helping me anyways!!! Much appreciated!!!

14. Reloaded
    Honeycomb Jul 22, 2015

The solution I found is

To install OnePlus one toolbox (not toolkit) onto your windows PC (I'll post links later)

Also make sure all adb and Samsung drivers are installed

Install the toolbox to your PC and hit unlock bootloader. This won't unlock it as we already know it will just say success abd reboot your device to the OS

Then reboot back to boot loader and on the toolbox click install twrp recovery and reboot device on the toolbox. Note: make sure you click reboot device on the toolbox and not to manually reboot.

What this will now do is (I think so don't take my words as the be all and end all) create a temporary twrp image on the desktop and boot you into twrp.

Now you flash the unlcok bootloader script and reboot back to bootloader and manually flash twrp again using cmd

Now install your ROM and your done. You have an unlocked bootloader, twrp, a working ROM and as a bonus the tamper bit flag would have reset back to false

15. DaxNagtegaal
    Marshmallow Jul 22, 2015

DaxNagtegaal , Jul 22, 2015 :
    Because I didn't think this was possible to fix. I haven't heard of anyone being able to unlock a stuck locked bootloader before. Either you were doing something wrong earlier or you're a Wizard :p

16. lostLambda
    Lollipop Jul 22, 2015

17. malidan
    Marshmallow Jul 22, 2015

malidan , Jul 22, 2015 :
    If you had a custom recovery you couId have used tamper bit.
    I seen more issues than I care for months back including yours.
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...ock-cm11s-fix-bricks-etc.235842/#post-8984990
    I used this to fix your issue and many others all in one go.

Edit: I just saw your solution, I remember trying that sometime back and I just couldnt push anything to the phone, nice job.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015

18. Reloaded
    Honeycomb Jul 22, 2015

Yea I know, Honesty I don't know why it worked (with the toolbox) but it worked so no complaints here. I think if this does happen to someone else with the same issues as me which is a working os but no root or twrp and fastboot is locked (and broken) its worth you recommending them this thread to see what happens. Ill write a detailed guide (with links and downloads) in the OP when i get a bit more time. P.S- don't tell people my secret (i am a wizard) :p

That is the only way to go. But in this situation the toolbox was my savior;)

thank you for the post bro. I will defo bookmark that link "when" i brick my device AGAIN (I have hard bricked before)

Also I want to send my phone off for warranty because there is a issue with the screen, will a unlocked boot loader and a true tamper flag void it?

19. malidan
    Marshmallow Jul 22, 2015

malidan , Jul 22, 2015 :
    As part of the RMA process they will tell you to unlock it, so i wouldn't worry.

Reloaded likes this.
  20. Gonzo01
    Lollipop Jul 22, 2015

Gonzo01 , Jul 22, 2015 :
    no, it doesn't void warranty

Reloaded likes this.