[IMPORTANT] Emergency Call Issue Resolved – What we learned.

1. waldwolf
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 26, 2017

waldwolf , Jul 26, 2017 :
    Effective January 1, 2017, the Indian Government required all mobile phones sold from that date onward, are required to have a "Panic Button" or other emergency button or mechanism, in order for a user to automatically dial the recently established 112 emergency services number.

It would be illegal for anyone to knowing modify a phone, in order to by-pass this function.

otto2 and mehbub1989 like this.
  2. mehbub1989
    Honeycomb Jul 26, 2017

mehbub1989 , Jul 26, 2017 :
    They had to fix it they were losing Revenue if it was anything else they would have took their sweet good time lol don't lie #oneplus

3. mehbub1989
    Honeycomb Jul 26, 2017

Attached Files:

4. G_John_“Saltyness”_B
    Cupcake Jul 26, 2017

5. mauleethorat
    Eclair Jul 27, 2017

6. kevonn95
    Honeycomb Jul 27, 2017

kevonn95 , Jul 27, 2017 :
    I appreciate your further information about this issue but... can any device or OS been released with this serious issue? Isn't this basic security thing tested before release? I agree you solved an issue like this fast, but I lost trust on OnePlus.

ibrahim syed likes this.
  7. Robxxx7
    Jelly Bean Jul 27, 2017

Robxxx7 , Jul 27, 2017 :
    I find your response quite funny .... to not test the full functionality of emergency calls is quite dangerous and downright appalling ..especially if a situation arose where someone was to have to make an emergency call and it did not work ... but hey remove that responsibility from OnePlus and put it onto the user .... great :)

ibrahim syed likes this.
  8. youbi
    Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 27, 2017

youbi , Jul 27, 2017 :
    Did I say the opposite? :confused: :oops:

Yes, this was definitely a very serious bug and that's why I'm glad it was fixed quickly. And yeah, this shouldn't exist from the start, but like you could see by the description it only happened with a certain combination of "events" (and not only Oneplus devices are affected). So it seems that its one of those rare bugs that aren't easy to identify from the start.

Once again you are putting words in my mouth. o_O I definitely didn't said that, I was just talking about bugs in general with current tech. There aren't bug free products, and that's the reality. ;)

otto2 likes this.
  9. Pranav_prakash
    Cupcake Jul 27, 2017

10. ibrahim syed
    Gingerbread Jul 27, 2017

ibrahim syed , Jul 27, 2017 :
    lol wow you seems so proud of yourself...

btw this issue shouldn't be there at the first place...

11. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Jul 27, 2017

G_plusone , Jul 27, 2017 :
    You can't change it

12. Heisenberg_009
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 27, 2017

Heisenberg_009 , Jul 27, 2017 :
    As the documentation states, Triple press power may be implemented but not necessary.
    If you read from the sub-heading "Implementation",

An emergency call is initiated by either:
    • Long pressing the EMERGENCY button on the lock-screen (Figure 1)
    • Tapping the Emergency option from the Global Action Menu (Figure 2), accessed by long pressing the power key
    and from the FAQs at the end,

What about other triggers like "triple" pressing the power button?
    Device manufacturer may choose to implement additional triggers. Triple tapping the hardware power button is also an approved trigger action by the India DoT. However, this trigger is not supported in the AOSP reference implementation as a number of other widely used applications use the power button gestures, including repeated tapping of the power button. These applications might interfere with the emergency dialer, or the user may accidentally trigger the panic button while trying to trigger actions in these applications.

So, triple press may be implemented but not necessary. @Adam Krisko Please look into this. I, and I also speak for many in this forum, would love double tap to camera instead of triple press to SOS.

PS: As the documentation states, long pressing on the Emergency button in the PIN/Pattern/Password prompt screen *does* trigger a SOS call. So I don't think it is necessary for another trigger. Please conduct a poll on the forum for the same and may be, bring back double tap power to camera if many users agree for the same.

G_plusone likes this.
  13. royalemint
    Gingerbread Jul 27, 2017

14. Oneplus5is6
    Froyo Jul 27, 2017

Oneplus5is6 , Jul 27, 2017 :
    I think this is a good design feature when press 3 times it call the emergency service to notify the police a rapist is about to attack.

15. F_Kishor_Gannamaneni_PBj
    Donut Jul 28, 2017

16. nicods88
    Froyo Jul 29, 2017

nicods88 , Jul 29, 2017 :
    Hello OnePlus User :)
    I have since the update (emergency number) problems with the connection to the Provider. As soon as the OP5 is unlocked and you want to use it for the Internet breaks the contact to the provider (after 1 hour standby). I need to reboot the flight mode or the phone so it reconnects. Has anyone of you the problem? Is something noticeable to you? many thanks for your help.

17. Chiru Crazy
    Honeycomb Jul 29, 2017

Chiru Crazy , Jul 29, 2017 :
    Stop this shit and if you seriously respect users , than think about users of Oneplus 2 and release a stable build with no camera bugs and better battery life, that show us how skilled you're at Oneplus. Its better to show your skill where there is no possibility and not where everything is possible

daltocs and sagarhatwar like this.
  18. sagarhatwar
    Honeycomb Jul 29, 2017

sagarhatwar , Jul 29, 2017 :
    ha ha.. it would be great if u (as a company) had responded same on the issue of one plus 2 (software update) as like it.. but not.
    coz now u didn't want to keep any relationship with old fans & phones. M I right ???

19. F_Aditya_Jarial_FHAV
    Cupcake Jul 29, 2017

20. F_Mrunal_Dongare_eAie
    Donut Jul 29, 2017