Answered IMPORTANT: Found something interesting about microphone usage for third-party apps (OnePlus 6 and 6t

?

Do you have the same issue while using the steps I provided? (Oneplus 6 and Oneplus 6t only)

1. Yes

32 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. riNcis
    Cupcake Dec 2, 2018

riNcis , Dec 2, 2018 :
    Today I found a confirmation that has bothered me since Day 1 using this phone - it's the microphone...to be exact - the top one ("Noise Cancelling")

I found out that in certain apps it uses the top mic, which is the noise cancelling one and tho the microphone quality on those apps is bad, like really bad. Shouldn't be that the top microphone is used for only calls? Why does it interfere with the bottom microphone? Shouldn't the bottom one be the main one?

I have proof of this and you can test this out - open up Whatsapp, Snapchat or Facebook. Place your finger on top of the top microphone and record some sound - see for yourself! And now test it on Instagram or default Camera app - you will see what I mean.

I want few things from this -

1) Please, allow us to choose what microphone to use and what not.

2) I want this to be forwarded to OnePlus ASAP, this needs to be fixed. I am not the only one with this problem - you can test it out yourself.

3) If #1 is not possible, please, default the bottom microphone for anything else. Let the top microphone only be for voice calls, if that was the intention to use it for...

Thank you. Hope this gets attention - this needs to be fixed!

I have posted this in Reddit aswell - https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/a2fwcz/important_found_something_interesting_about/

Will email OnePlus aswell. This needs to be seriously looked into

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018

2. Rithari
    Gingerbread Dec 2, 2018

Rithari , Dec 2, 2018 :
    Confirming this issue is present on my OnePlus 6T.

It absolutely needs to be resolved this is ridiculous.

PhillipGereckeUS likes this.
  3. Jan Reinig
    Cupcake Dec 2, 2018

4. zachrob
    Cupcake Dec 3, 2018

5. G_Rahul_Sinha_HiKA
    Cupcake Dec 3, 2018

6. G_Rahul_Sinha_HiKA
    Cupcake Dec 3, 2018

G_Rahul_Sinha_HiKA , Dec 3, 2018 :
    O
    1543863845750.jpg
    On that note I've found another issue with google assistant as it somehow tells me that "cellular data isn't available on my device" even when data is turned on

7. PhillipGereckeUS
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2018

PhillipGereckeUS , Dec 5, 2018 :
    I have a similar issue, the memos in WhatsApp sound terrible quiet and kind of noise cancelled BUT I tried to cover the top mic, doesn't effect it, but when I cover the bottom mic it is muted. so the issue on my OP6T had nothing to do with the Noise Cancelling mic on top of the phone.

hope OP is going to fix that soon, its also present in all other Apps, except Recorder

8. ongame13
    Cupcake Jan 20, 2019

9. Gav_W86
    Starting Point Expert Jan 21, 2019

Gav_W86 , Jan 21, 2019 :
    better to report it direct to OnePlus via the "Submit a Bug" button on https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/ (in web browser, not community app) - that way it will get logged through to dev teams and they can gather logs to see what is happening.

10. MottyK
    Donut Jul 19, 2019

MottyK , Jul 19, 2019 :
    @Carl This Was Never Fixed And ANNOYS EVERYONE ON DAILY BASES
    I Have about 10-15 Friends who Are About To Switch Back To Samsung SINCE THIS HAS NEVER BEEN FIXED BUT REPORTED REPEATEDLY!!!

I hope you get ontop of it Since it's Bothering me on Daily Basis When Leaving Voicenote's On WhatsApp I sometimes Need to record Again After Getting Complaints

11. goku6666
    Froyo Aug 17, 2019