[IMPORTANT] OnePlus 5T does not support HD viewing for Netflix, Google Play Movies, etc

1. Baymax Starting Point Expert Feb 23, 2018

Baymax, Feb 23, 2018 :
    Define what you mean? I have worked as a retail sales assistant manager and a support technician, and at no time have I come across such a thing. The only thing that comes close was the POS in retail.

Chungtd likes this.
  2. izzykasha KitKat Feb 23, 2018

izzykasha, Feb 23, 2018 :
    we live in a smog of vague as usual from oneplus lol

3. Biotech216 Cupcake Feb 23, 2018

4. Baymax Starting Point Expert Feb 23, 2018

Baymax, Feb 23, 2018 :
    As far as I know something is off and still has Treymax very confused

5. thorfinn Honeycomb Feb 23, 2018

thorfinn, Feb 23, 2018 :
    LOL

6. sal82 Gingerbread Feb 23, 2018

sal82, Feb 23, 2018 :
    and what the hell are we suppose to do without a phone? plus, all the info that we have on our phones will be in a stranger's hands.

there has got to be a more ideal solution!

Chungtd likes this.
  7. izzykasha KitKat Feb 23, 2018

izzykasha, Feb 23, 2018 :
    here's the response from the support call I raised

1519425398128.jpg

MrTalon likes this.
  8. sal82 Gingerbread Feb 23, 2018

sal82, Feb 23, 2018 :
    i got a similar response to this nonsense. i'll wait a couple of weeks for a more ideal solution.

if you do send your phone to them, back it up and do a factory reset first! do NOT just send it to them with all your personal info in it!

9. SimonRam Lollipop Feb 23, 2018

SimonRam, Feb 23, 2018 :
    Wow, first you get hacked when you buy one, now they expect you to send your phone in for someone to browse through.
    Bye bye oneplus, no more for me.

Londo Mollari likes this.
  10. jaimejimegon Honeycomb Feb 23, 2018

jaimejimegon, Feb 23, 2018 :
    I'm amazed that we'll need to send our devices back to get such a basic function.
    I hope at least they use the same shipping method and it only takes two days to get the phone back.

11. NickNap89 Froyo Feb 23, 2018

12. G_Jessie_Tomich_izOb Gingerbread Feb 24, 2018

G_Jessie_Tomich_izOb, Feb 24, 2018 :
    Where did they advertise HD Netflix for you? I don't recall that being a feature of this phone. Everyone wants steak at the hamburger price. $200 off any flagship comes with issues. If you don't like it move on. Op isn't marketing to your hopes and delusions your just having them.

Don't say it's a implicit feature or expected. Netflix is an app not a os pack in.

Then your offered a fix it's not great but it's free. Yeah sending in the phone sucks but it's being offered. Quit being crybabies, you don't have a burning urethra you have a phone that has a Netflix issue.

fazerboy0_3 likes this.
  13. G_Akash_VT_LTSE Eclair Feb 24, 2018

14. G_Jessie_Tomich_izOb Gingerbread Feb 24, 2018

nor will it. Your phone will never have features it was never advertised to have.

fazerboy0_3 likes this.
  15. Green_1 Gingerbread Feb 24, 2018

Green_1, Feb 24, 2018 :
    Keep in mind that many features are simply assumed, even though un-advertised. For example, I don't see anywhere that it's advertised that the phone can make and receive phone calls, that's simply an assumed feature of any phone.

Likewise, when a phone maker spends a lot of time advertising their full HD display, it is assumed that this includes watching HD video on it, because every other manufacturer that has included an HD display for the past decade has also allowed people to watch HD video on it.

If you limit the phone to only the exact items listed in the spec sheet you'd have a paperweight, not a smartphone. We rely on the fact that the device will do far more than the bullet list of advertised items simply based on what is implied by the manufacturer, and what we know to be the norms of the industry.

16. sal82 Gingerbread Feb 24, 2018

sal82, Feb 24, 2018 :
    what the hell?! please tell me you're trolling!

we're at the beginning of the 4k(!) era. literally all the flagship devices have had HD streaming for over 8 years! that's like saying 2010 devices don't have to come with 480i streaming. it's 2018. ALL phones should come with HD streaming support for all apps.

in short, your post is just as pathetic as oneplus ignoring L1 widevine.

Londo Mollari likes this.
  17. G_Jessie_Tomich_izOb Gingerbread Feb 24, 2018

I'm here pointing out that you got what you paid for. Your toaster doesn't make ice cubes. Just because this phone has a generic processor doesn't mean that the same amount if engineering time was spent and or that the same product licenses were purchased. Every dime counts when your making a tightly integrated device and only an idiot would expect a AAA experience for the price

18. Yuukyuou Honeycomb Feb 24, 2018

19. Green_1 Gingerbread Feb 24, 2018

Green_1, Feb 24, 2018 :
    Every dime may count, but L1 certification is FREE.

As for what we expect. I expect my phone to make phone calls, I expect my toaster to make toast, and I expect my HD screen to play HD video.

You'd argue that the toaster is doing what it should if the bread came out raw because actually toasting bread was never advertised. It's a toaster, making toast is it's implied job!

Similarly, OnePlus advertise their HD screen, viewing HD content is it's implied job!

20. arangaran Donut Feb 24, 2018

arangaran, Feb 24, 2018 :
    Could someone leak this to the Press like the other time? it's time that they find out that ONEPLUS is kind of scamming people? they promised to release a ROM to fix this and now they'll require you to send the phone back to them?? and they dont even acknowledge this in the open, but case by case! how long will the phones stay at the service centers?