[IMPORTANT] OnePlus 5T does not support HD viewing for Netflix, Google Play Movies, etc

1. Mythreya srinivasa
    Froyo Feb 25, 2018

2. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Feb 25, 2018

Dr. Indest , Feb 25, 2018 :
    You are assuming too much there pal . I canceled my Netflix subscription when they decided to take a stand against rooted phones. I just wanted to know if they will be erasing ppl's phones for this.

3. MarcioReis87
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 25, 2018

MarcioReis87 , Feb 25, 2018 :
    hell no, i wont send my phone and i will expect an OTA for the update!
    Its the least OnePlus can do

4. Peterxxx
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 25, 2018

Peterxxx , Feb 25, 2018 :
    Stupid questions maybe... But if I play Netflix with the Netflix app on Chromecast with the OnePlus 5/ 5T, is it available in 1080p on TV than?

5. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Feb 25, 2018

Hydra Bob , Feb 25, 2018 :
    No it will still be the same resolution as the source device.

6. Suasage_Pizza
    Gingerbread Feb 25, 2018

7. jaimejimegon
    Honeycomb Feb 25, 2018

jaimejimegon , Feb 25, 2018 :
    As far as I know, the one that connect to Netflix in that case is the Chromecast itself, which can stream 1080p, so it must work fine. The other option, share screen with Netflix playing on the phone, will limit quality to 480p

Hydra Bob likes this.
  8. CapimPT
    Froyo Feb 25, 2018

CapimPT , Feb 25, 2018 :
    Oneplus being oneplus.
    This is my first oneplus and my impression are very poor this moment.
    You did the mistake and now the user pay for that. I deserve the capability to watch HD content, but I don't have a spare phone to use while you are fixing the problem that you create.
    At least for the trouble created, you should reward the user.

9. dalportodev
    Gingerbread Feb 25, 2018

dalportodev , Feb 25, 2018 :
    I'll take a $40 refund to my PayPal for this screwup of a phone instead of being with no phone for a week and a half. Thanks OnePlus. @Carl

Jeet77 likes this.
  10. FaleshC
    KitKat Feb 25, 2018

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018

11. dalportodev
    Gingerbread Feb 25, 2018

12. TheRisingPHX117
    Gingerbread Feb 25, 2018

TheRisingPHX117 , Feb 25, 2018 :
    @Hydra Bob Incorrect! When you're casting Netflix to your Chromecast it's just sending the signal to the Chromecast and it's pulling directly from Netflix server which would play in 1080p or 4k depending on your Chromecast model and TV. You aren't actually sharing your screen or screen casting.

13. Navin100
    Gingerbread Feb 25, 2018

Navin100 , Feb 25, 2018 :
    What about India?

14. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Feb 25, 2018

idkwhoiam322 likes this.
  15. BernieMaChung
    Cupcake Feb 25, 2018

BernieMaChung , Feb 25, 2018 :
    Well this is just terrible. Today I was contemplating between a 5T and another phone, checking specs, features....etc. I was just about to order the 5T and found out about this unfortunate incident. Sadly I need a new phone in the next couple weeks and will have to go with my other choice. Even if I buy and send it back immediately to get it updated, what are the chances that I will need to send it back for another update when my phone is loaded with personal data? Surely I don't want to wipe it and then reenter everything again.

16. jayanyway
    US Brand Ambassador Feb 25, 2018

jayanyway , Feb 25, 2018 :
    Question; Lets say I send my phone in and receive this update. I tend to get bored and flash either beta or official OS back and forth a lot. Will I lose the functionality of streaming HD cause of flashing between the two OS's?

17. Green_1
    Gingerbread Feb 25, 2018

Green_1 , Feb 25, 2018 :
    @David Y. You say we should contact CS to get the ball rolling, but they obviously don't know anything about this. See their reply to me below:

So David Y in this thread says that they know how to do it and to contact CS, CS says they don't know how to do it yet and to continue waiting.

I guess nothing has changed and this fix is just another false alarm.

Rahul_FCB and Chungtd like this.
  18. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Feb 25, 2018

Hydra Bob , Feb 25, 2018 :
    No the fix is real. Just the CS person you talked to doesn't seem to have gotten the memo yet. Try to open a different ticket and make sure to reference what David said. They should get with the program sooner or later.

19. Ray2Jerry
    Gingerbread Feb 25, 2018

Ray2Jerry , Feb 25, 2018 :
    It's probably best to wait until the week starts to begin this, it looks like this news was as big a surprise for the workers as it was for us so it may take a few (work) days for word to get around ;)

Just throwing it out there but my phone could definitely use a new factory installed screen protector when I get it back? haha.

rAy

Rahul_FCB and Hydra Bob like this.
  20. CapimPT
    Froyo Feb 25, 2018

CapimPT , Feb 25, 2018 :
    I agree with you that oneplus should borrow us a phone while they fix or they should send us another 5T with the fix to replace ours