[IMPORTANT] OnePlus 5T does not support HD viewing for Netflix, Google Play Movies, etc

1. G_umar_kharal_LNTR
    Donut Feb 25, 2018

doekus likes this.
  2. G_umar_kharal_LNTR
    Donut Feb 25, 2018

geo07, ernest.dday, Damonp87 and 2 others like this.
  3. FaleshC
    KitKat Feb 25, 2018

FaleshC , Feb 25, 2018 :
    according to the news, only the authorized PC can flash the update file. Maybe in near future they will release an OTA.

4. Brian Cohen
    Honeycomb Feb 25, 2018

Brian Cohen , Feb 25, 2018 :
    Ask costumer service if new phones come with the fix

5. sunny.spidy
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 25, 2018

sunny.spidy , Feb 25, 2018 :
    If you live in North America, Europe, India, or China, you won’t have to pay anything as OnePlus will cover the cost of shipping. The company states that if you choose to send in your device, you should expect to have it back within 5 business days. Interested users should contact the OnePlus customer support team for more information in setting up the return, though OnePlus promises they’ve streamlined the process as much as possible.

6. BernieMaChung
    Cupcake Feb 25, 2018

BernieMaChung , Feb 25, 2018 :
    Someone already asked about it in chat and was told the phones shipping out now will not have the update.

7. sal82
    Gingerbread Feb 25, 2018

sal82 , Feb 25, 2018 :
    back it up with the OnePlus backup tool.

8. izzykasha
    Lollipop Feb 25, 2018

izzykasha , Feb 25, 2018 :
    don't get your hopes up, the response I got from my support ticket is that they are not setup to issue this fix yet, they will notify me when they are ready for my device to be sent to them.

remember you have 15 days send them back

Clamingle likes this.
  9. Ash645
    KitKat Feb 25, 2018

Ash645 , Feb 25, 2018 :
    Hmm, not sure how your thread title and it's content are related. why should one send in their phones to update their widewine. it's what that comes with the phone.

Next thing is there is no link to any kind of proof for that and it's just you claiming something out of thin air. I would rather take this as a spam than credible information without any supporting information.

Gnawd and donmecca007 like this.
  10. samrat kautilya
    Honeycomb Feb 25, 2018

Ash645 likes this.
  11. Sixie
    Honeycomb Feb 25, 2018

Sixie , Feb 25, 2018 :
    I know its partially posted here already, but for some who didnt see or understand, why this is the only option for OP5...
    well here you go. its all because this is the Procedure Google pretty much set for manufacturers and not Oneplus.

Security Level 1 (L1)

Widevine DRM keys and decrypted content are never exposed to the host CPU. Only security
    hardware or a protected security co-processor uses clear key values and the media content is
    decrypted by the secure hardware.

Key requirements of this security level:

● Device manufacturers must provide a secure bootloader. The chain of trust from the
    bootloader must extend through any software or firmware components involved in the
    security implementation, such as the ARM TrustZone protected application and any
    components involved in the enforcement of the secure video path.
    ● The Widevine keybox must be encrypted with a device-unique secret key that is not
    visible to software or probing methods outside of the TrustZone. The Widevine key-box
    must be installed in the factory or delivered to the device using an approved secure
    delivery mechanism.
    ● Device manufacturers must provide an implementation of the Widevine Level 1
    OEMCrypto API that performs all key processing and decryption in a trusted
    environment.

All content processing, cryptography, and control is performed within the Trusted Execution
    Environment (TEE). In some implementation models, security processing may be performed in
    different chips.

This level of security requires factory provisioning of the Widevine keybox or requires the
    Widevine keybox to be protected by a device key installed at the time of manufacturing.
    The Device Provisioning Models document provides additional information about Widevine
    device provisioning models.

This is the recommended path for any device integration as it provides the highest level of
    security.

Chungtd and prajnay0 like this.
  12. izzykasha
    Lollipop Feb 25, 2018

Ash645 likes this.
  13. Sixie
    Honeycomb Feb 25, 2018

Sixie , Feb 25, 2018 :
    Also they will just tell u the standard procedure for sending ur device through RMA, funny thing is, if u bought your device on... say.... Popup store instead of through oneplus.net, then u wont be able to follow the procedure as they would send to you.

Please see below for a quick step by step tutorial for creating an In warranty Repair RMA:

Step 1: Head over to your my orders page and click the ‘Service Request’' button and identify the device you would like to service to begin your return and warranty claim.

Step 2: Select Repair as the RMA Type

Step 3: Choose the Items

Step 4: Fill in Reasons (Please describe the condition of the device. Also, please attach photos or videos to help our repair team identify the issue and expedite the diagnostic process.)

Step 5: Confirm the email

Step 6: Choose or input an address

Step 7: Submit the RMA request

If you successfully submitted the RMA, you can find it under My Account > Service Request.

Please Note:

A. Please make sure to backup your data and files prior to sending it to our service center. If necessary, our technical team might perform a full factory reset or a reinstallation of the operating system.

B. Please do not include any accessories when you ship your device. This includes but not limited to: chargers, cables, protective cases, sim cards, earphones etc. You do not need to remove the screen or tempered glass protectors.

C. All returned products are subject to inspection upon arrival. Should the device not meet the conditions of our warranty, we reserve the right to have it resolved by either of the following two approaches upon your confirmation:

a. Customer will pay for the quoted repair fee to repair the device
    b. Customer will pay for the two-way shipping costs to return the damaged device.
    D. Once the RMA will be approved by our team, authorized service center will send you the shipping label within 2 business days.

E. The estimated turnaround time for this request will be 7-10 business days from the time the service center received the parcel.

If there are concerns that need immediate attention, you can visit https://oneplus.net/support.

Thank you for being a part of our OnePlus family.

14. Moin2200
    KitKat Feb 25, 2018

Moin2200 , Feb 25, 2018 :
    Seems like an article on android central confirms that if you want to have HD playback you can ship your device to oneplus and they will install the nessesary drivers to make it work.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018

Ash645 likes this.
  15. Kus82
    Froyo Feb 25, 2018

donmecca007 likes this.
  16. Ash645
    KitKat Feb 25, 2018

Ash645 , Feb 25, 2018 :
    Yeah, been a while since I visited XDA.

This link helped. I don't mind viewing content in 720P. No way would I send in my daily driver just for the sake of watching stuff in HD.

Ne btw, there are multiple threads sprouting up about this. That single thread that @izzykasha mentioned could be [Updated] instead of multiple spawns like these..

izzykasha likes this.
  17. donmecca007
    Donut Feb 25, 2018

donmecca007 , Feb 25, 2018 :
    Send your phone in!! REALLY, this day and age it's unbelievable that a company's flagship device would even ship with no HD support. And now in order to get HD support we have to be incovienced and send our phones back. No thanks, lesson learned this will be my last OP phone.

18. GopalB.
    Nougat Feb 25, 2018

GopalB. , Feb 25, 2018 :
    This is true...
    But yeah, you have to courier your phone to get it updated...
    Or visit your nearest authorized service center and ask them if they have the update!!!

19. GopalB.
    Nougat Feb 25, 2018

GopalB. , Feb 25, 2018 :
    As it says "authorised pc"...
    So how is your point even valid???

20. GopalB.
    Nougat Feb 25, 2018

GopalB. , Feb 25, 2018 :
    It's not how DRM is handled tho...