[Important] Re: Leaked Pie Build for OP3/3T

1. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Mar 27, 2019

SoniaB , Mar 27, 2019 :
    Hello everyone

There have been many threads and posts on the "leaked closed beta Pie build" for the OP3/3T.

There is no real way for us moderators to be able to control the leak or posts with links to the build on the forum. All we can do is give you this advice:

A closed beta, is the same as any beta. Its a testing build and will have issues.

The links being given may encourage you to flash a build when you do not know what the known issues are, no way of reporting said issues and also no way of knowing best way to downgrade your device.

Also, if you go through the unfortunate event of bricking your device whilst flashing a leaked build, then guess what, no unbrick tool available (the ones on XDA may or may not work)*. Enjoy your paperweights. *edit

So if you are going to flash, understand the risks.

Any threads on the leaked build will be merged here with the links to the build removed.

UPDATE:
    Please note, this thread is purely advisory on part of the moderation team with regards to the leaked closed beta build.
    Anyone that wants to flash it, well that is up to you, but this thread is not for you to:

• Report bugs in relation to the CB. If you are a closed beta tester, you have the official methods to report bugs already. If you flashed the leaked beta, then its your problem.
    • Discuss the build in terms of bugs/battery or any such things. That is not what the thread is about.
    • Post direct links to the Closed Beta build. Lets not encourage people to update to a build that is not meant for mass release and who may not have the know-how on how to fix any issues etc.
    • Moan or complain about screwing up your device after you tried to update
    • Discussion on when stable Pie update will be released (there are existing threads for that)

UPDATE: added info:

UPDATE: In response to above quoted post:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019

2. abhibnl
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 27, 2019

Stickied Post
    abhibnl , Mar 27, 2019 :
    @SoniaB
    I would appreciate if you would add it to your OP for those who blindly rush to flash leaked build without knowing the risk. Also, I would appreciate if you can get in touch with OnePlus team and make them aware of this bug posted below by the dev.
    So below is a summary regarding leaked Pie firmware/blobs from XDA Recognized Developer and our official LienageOS maintainer, dianlujitao

A warning on leaked Pie builds
    As you're aware, OnePlus started Pie closed beta days ago, and there're already leaked builds. I made a new Lineage build with blobs from one OOS9.0 leak, installed and updated the firmware. On first boot after fw update, when boot animation was done, unexpectedly, I didn't see my launcher desktop as usual, but an "Decryption unsuccessful" warning telling me that my data was corrupted. Undoubtedly, after rebooting to TWRP it failed to mount /data thus I lost everything on my internal storage.

After several experiments I finally figured out the cause:

If your data is encrypted and bootloader is unlocked, after upgrading to Pie modem firmware, there's 100% chance of your data to become corrupted, and probably no way to restore them. The cause is on firmware side, probably something wrong with key migration, so there's no way for 3rd party developers to fix it. Note that which ROM was in use pre-upgrade doesn't matter at all, i.e., if bootloader was unlocked and you were upgrading from OOS 5.0.8(enforce encryption by default) to OOS 9.0, you'll lose all personal data after reboot from recovery installation. Interestingly, everything works as expected if bootloader was locked.

I couldn't comprehend why do they apply diverse low-level strategies to locked and unlocked bootloader. Arguably this is a bug and should be fixed when they started rolling OTA updates to the public, but it's also possible that this is by design and aims to restrict "unsafe" operations. Regardless, always be careful and backup your data before upgrading the firmware in the near future.

To all those who will download and rush to flash leaked builds, please know that it will most probably wipe all your internal storage and also, there maybe a case where you might not be able to flash back the stable OOS 5.0.8. So flash it on your own risk or simply wait for a stable build.

3. David Y.
    Global Community Manager Staff Member Mar 27, 2019

Stickied Post
    David Y. , Mar 27, 2019 :
    SW team is aware of this issue. Thanks for letting us know.

4. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Mar 28, 2019

Stickied Post
    SoniaB , Mar 28, 2019 :
    So a few of you went off-topic in the thread.

Please note, this thread is purely advisory on part of the moderation team with regards to the leaked closed beta build.
    Anyone that wants to flash it, well that is up to you, but this thread is not for you to:

• Report bugs in relation to the CB. If you are a closed beta tester, you have the official methods to report bugs already. If you flashed the leaked beta, then its your problem.
    • Discuss the build in terms of bugs/battery or any such things. That is not what the thread is about.
    • Post direct links to the Closed Beta build. Lets not encourage people to update to a build that is not meant for mass release and who may not have the know-how on how to fix any issues etc.
    • Moan or complain about screwing up your device after you tried to update
    • Discussion on when stable Pie update will be released (there are existing threads for that)
    Lastly, I don't even know why hacking or data collection even gets mentioned in this thread.

From this point on, please be on-topic.

5. GopalB.
    Nougat Mar 27, 2019

GopalB. , Mar 27, 2019 :
    Phone without Pie is equivalent to paper weight... [​IMG]

6. arpitvkarma
    Honeycomb Mar 27, 2019

arpitvkarma , Mar 27, 2019 :
    Well then I have one awesome paperweight.

- posting using a paperweight.

inkaine, Ferreto, arturjot and 31 others like this.
  7. GopalB.
    Nougat Mar 27, 2019

GopalB. , Mar 27, 2019 :
    See... That's a good looking paperweight... [​IMG]

8. GopalB.
    Nougat Mar 27, 2019

GopalB. , Mar 27, 2019 :
    That means closed beta = open beta??? [​IMG]

9. Saikumar7

rnschand likes this.
  10. SoniaB

SoniaB , Mar 27, 2019 :
    hush you. You know what I meant. Be it closed or open, a beta is a beta. [​IMG][​IMG]

11. GopalB.
    Nougat Mar 27, 2019

GopalB. , Mar 27, 2019 :
    That's such a mod thing to say... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let me tag @Manu J. here... [​IMG]

Dinesh_T, Sun90, B_Wrath and 10 others like this.
  12. Saikumar7

Saikumar7 , Mar 27, 2019 :
    first thing.... everyone was bored with oreo...!! as soon as they found pie build....they installed!! [e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e] mistake is from your selection..!! everyone will try to taste pie.. whether its a closed or open betas!

Dinesh_T, Mike K., sarayevo and 10 others like this.
  13. shubhamsingh55
    Honeycomb Mar 27, 2019

14. Ashish Kaparwan
    Gingerbread Mar 27, 2019

Ashish Kaparwan , Mar 27, 2019 :
    correct at least the main person of the thread in XDA replies very frequently

15. Saikumar7

i agree with you!! whatever the problem might be....there will be a answer from XDA[e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e]

16. Fursan Afzal

Fursan Afzal , Mar 27, 2019 :
    what a dumb statement.

Trevor.Hawkes likes this.
  17. SoniaB

SoniaB , Mar 27, 2019 :
    And yet here you are. Please stay on topic from now on

Dinesh_T, Sun90, Praty_28 and 11 others like this.
  18. Saikumar7

what is the solution for those who flashed it??

19. SoniaB

SoniaB , Mar 27, 2019 :
    If you flashed the leaked Closed beta then I do not know what solution you want.
    You will not be getting an OTA for the next build that is for sure. You would need to work out when/how you can flash to a stable build when its released.

As for any other scenarios, then I refer you to my post here: https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...neplus-3-and-3t.879545/page-586#post-20081463

buntycubal, Sun90 and B_Wrath like this.
  20. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Mar 27, 2019

toastytoast1234 , Mar 27, 2019 :
    Learn a modicum of self control?

DrVikTroll, Ferreto, Sun90 and 15 others like this.
  21. Suresh07

m.parvage and r.hutton like this.
  22. GopalB.
    Nougat Mar 27, 2019

GopalB. , Mar 27, 2019 :
    I can say that for this statement too... o_O

23. Saikumar7

ravit2839 likes this.