[Important] Re: Leaked Pie Build for OP3/3T

1. Iuliskaya Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 27, 2019

G1553651224304 and otto2 like this.
  2. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Mar 27, 2019

SoniaB, Mar 27, 2019 :
    XDA does have most of them yes, but having been part of the CBT in the past I know that the XDA unbrick links might not work. Closed beta bricks in the past have required the MSM* tool to unbrick.

*edit

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019

3. contactfornitish Eclair Mar 27, 2019

contactfornitish, Mar 27, 2019 :
    Rants should be kept aside and many here can try to grow up a little. This apply to both sides , those threatening legal actions on flashing close beta as well as those seems suffocating without Pie on their devices like it made it shit without that.

Coming towards the close beta, honestly speaking didn't found any issues so far. DNS and WiFi performance seems exceptional over the last build. Netflix and Amazon Prime load times dramatically reduced even when it's updated local upgrade way without losing data.

Digital wellbeing etc not there but animations and all features look intact. In start, it looked a little slow but after clearing cache and one reboot cycle, all behaving well. Mind you, even though not heavy gaming, my screen usages are on very higher side.

Screenshot_20190327-021518.jpg

hishammuzaffer likes this.
  4. CodesCodger Gingerbread Mar 27, 2019

CodesCodger, Mar 27, 2019 :
    referring to msm download tool?

athaarv likes this.
  5. CodesCodger Gingerbread Mar 27, 2019

But the dialer UI is absolute trash. Oreo one was far better

6. G_viral_brothers_LuPy Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 27, 2019

G_viral_brothers_LuPy, Mar 27, 2019 :
    what is the use of telling now??? everyone has flashed it..!! if this post has been created yesterday then there might some people could stopped doing this....but now its late!!

F_Shubham_Amale_FIsQ likes this.
  7. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Mar 27, 2019

SoniaB, Mar 27, 2019 :
    Sorry MSM tool. D and S too close together on keyboard

athaarv and otto2 like this.
  8. CodesCodger Gingerbread Mar 27, 2019

Yeah i have that laying on a backup hdd.

9. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Mar 27, 2019

SoniaB, Mar 27, 2019 :
    Back to what I said. You flash this at you own risk. You downgrade if you want to back to Oreo at your own risk.
    In any case, you will still have to wait for the stable release of the Pie build, whenever that may be.
    If you end up bricking your device and the unbrick tools do not work, then you would need to contact OnePlus CS.

athaarv, B_Wrath, otto2 and 1 other person like this.
  10. G_viral_brothers_LuPy Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 27, 2019

G_viral_brothers_LuPy, Mar 27, 2019 :
    this sounds good..!! thanks [e]1f609[/e]

11. AnonymousWP Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 27, 2019

AnonymousWP, Mar 27, 2019 :
    Never had that an unbrick tool didn't work; also with Closed Beta builds.

Can you also tell me why giving links isn't allowed if it basically pops-up everywhere anyway? Including link.

SoniaB likes this.
  12. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Mar 27, 2019

SoniaB, Mar 27, 2019 :
    But you are tech savvy as you said already, as well as many other on this forum.
    However, there will be the masses that will just flash this build without thinking of the way out of it or without the know how on how to. Those will come on the forum to complain.

I am not against people flashing this build if they want to. Just be aware of the issues if you do.
    There is no official bug reporting platform for any bugs associated with this build. So flashing this build really does nothing to help anyone. All it will do is leave a lot of people on a leaked closed beta.
    From my past experience with the CBT, I would not be surprised if there is a new build already being tested. In which case, this build is old anyway and no one on it who flashed it based on the leak will have the latest.
    So its already, in all likelihood, old news.

B_Wrath, buntycubal and otto2 like this.
  13. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Mar 27, 2019

SoniaB, Mar 27, 2019 :
    Giving links to the XDA forums? No problem.
    Giving links to the leaked closed beta? That would be removed as its encouraging people who may not know what they are doing to flash it.

buntycubal, Neddard, otto2 and 2 others like this.
  14. AnonymousWP Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 27, 2019

Got ya. But what if warn users for it? I am one of the mods on the official OnePlus Discord and I always post OnePlus-related news (also about the leaked build). I explicitely told them I'm not responsible for any damage and it's on their own risk.

upload_2019-3-27_14-45-9.png

If I do it like that, can I post it here on the forums in this thread?

15. CodesCodger Gingerbread Mar 27, 2019

yes that's why i said your statement is applicable for those dumbs. Many of us have the experience of running pre alpha, alpha, bleeding edge version of android roms, windows insider and even rolling linux distributions. Posting here won't make any difference because people are gonna flash anyway. Moreover some of us only needed the pie blobs for various experiments like unofficial treble and replacing daizy blobs with oneplus blobs for custom roms. So, most of them won't bother finding next build. Stable release will be enough then

16. CodesCodger Gingerbread Mar 27, 2019

link to the discord pls

17. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Mar 27, 2019

SoniaB, Mar 27, 2019 :
    I would rather you did not post it here at all tbh, links will just be removed by mods when we see them as its not an "official" public build. But its a flood on here and as per my start post, its difficult to moderate in that situation.

What you choose to do on discord or even on Tweakers is up to you.

otto2 and AnonymousWP like this.
  18. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Mar 27, 2019

SoniaB, Mar 27, 2019 :
    The forum has over 1.9m users. At the moment 2,342 are online. Of that, a small percentage is what I would class as tech savvy enough to be able to deal with manual flash, unbrick or downgrade of their device without much, if any assistance.

You were not here when almost every 2nd thread was what is this "N" symbol on my phone?

It was indeed NFC

upload_2019-3-27_14-51-42.png

So I rest my case there. [​IMG]

19. AnonymousWP Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 27, 2019

Check my signature ;). It's very easy to access since we're partnered.
    Understood. Thank you!

otto2 and SoniaB like this.
  20. CodesCodger Gingerbread Mar 27, 2019

well hardly found a thread worth giving 5 minutes... this forum is full of crybabies equivalent to Apple sheep flock.

nope1nope likes this.