[Important] Re: Leaked Pie Build for OP3/3T

1. Saikumar7
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 27, 2019

Saikumar7 , Mar 27, 2019 :
    yeah i agree!!

2. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Mar 27, 2019

dsmonteiro , Mar 27, 2019 :
    So, your reasoning is that untested closed beta builds will be more stable and better?

otto2 likes this.
  3. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Mar 27, 2019

theshinybeast , Mar 27, 2019 :
    Jokes on you, you don't even have any idea of how to fix it yourself, gongoozler.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019

rushan901 and ghostofcain like this.
  4. farooq.ali.fa
    Eclair Mar 27, 2019

farooq.ali.fa , Mar 27, 2019 :
    Totally agree. I was on a custom ROM of pie and kept flashing different builds until I got sick of it. Flashed OOS again and locked the bootloader and been happy ever since. Just wait for the next build and that's that. The only reason I would flash a custom build would be once support for the device is deprecated.

Y1515960915765, otto2 and dsmonteiro like this.
  5. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Mar 27, 2019

6. farooq.ali.fa
    Eclair Mar 27, 2019

farooq.ali.fa , Mar 27, 2019 :
    Plus OOS Oreo is perfectly stable, don't know what's the rush with these guys.

otto2 likes this.
  7. ZorgoCrypton
    Froyo Mar 27, 2019

ZorgoCrypton , Mar 27, 2019 :
    And here I am waiting for an official release so damn impatiently. Guys, be happy that we're getting a Pie update for 3 year old phone! Imagine you had bought a Samsung instead of OnePlus 3T. You'd be stuck at Nougat or Oreo at the stretch.

jnsson, vishvanjay and otto2 like this.
  8. arpitvkarma
    Honeycomb Mar 27, 2019

arpitvkarma , Mar 27, 2019 :
    or odin

ZorgoCrypton and vishvanjay like this.
  9. pharandeamit
    Froyo Mar 27, 2019

pharandeamit , Mar 27, 2019 :
    Everyone understands the Risk... but problem is with One Plus attitude towards OP3/3T users. you One Plus guys are so fu***ing lazy and have rude attitude towards users that's why users sharing Closed Beta Build openly here because you lazy guys are took 8 fu***ing months and still no Releasing Pie for OP3/3T for all user's. Shame on You.

10. U1513813701216
    Gingerbread Mar 27, 2019

11. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Mar 27, 2019

dsmonteiro , Mar 27, 2019 :
    I would invite you to check how many 2016 have received Pie already. More importantly, how many WILL receive Pie.

It's easy to insult people and accusing them of being lazy, but if you actually check, you'll see that you are actually in advantage when compared to others. Software development takes time, especially for older devices, where manufacturers are dependent of third parties, namely for drivers and certification.

12. abhibnl

Stickied Post
    abhibnl , Mar 27, 2019 :
    @SoniaB
    I would appreciate if you would add it to your OP for those who blindly rush to flash leaked build without knowing the risk. Also, I would appreciate if you can get in touch with OnePlus team and make them aware of this bug posted below by the dev.
    So below is a summary regarding leaked Pie firmware/blobs from XDA Recognized Developer and our official LienageOS maintainer, dianlujitao

A warning on leaked Pie builds
    As you're aware, OnePlus started Pie closed beta days ago, and there're already leaked builds. I made a new Lineage build with blobs from one OOS9.0 leak, installed and updated the firmware. On first boot after fw update, when boot animation was done, unexpectedly, I didn't see my launcher desktop as usual, but an "Decryption unsuccessful" warning telling me that my data was corrupted. Undoubtedly, after rebooting to TWRP it failed to mount /data thus I lost everything on my internal storage.

After several experiments I finally figured out the cause:

If your data is encrypted and bootloader is unlocked, after upgrading to Pie modem firmware, there's 100% chance of your data to become corrupted, and probably no way to restore them. The cause is on firmware side, probably something wrong with key migration, so there's no way for 3rd party developers to fix it. Note that which ROM was in use pre-upgrade doesn't matter at all, i.e., if bootloader was unlocked and you were upgrading from OOS 5.0.8(enforce encryption by default) to OOS 9.0, you'll lose all personal data after reboot from recovery installation. Interestingly, everything works as expected if bootloader was locked.

I couldn't comprehend why do they apply diverse low-level strategies to locked and unlocked bootloader. Arguably this is a bug and should be fixed when they started rolling OTA updates to the public, but it's also possible that this is by design and aims to restrict "unsafe" operations. Regardless, always be careful and backup your data before upgrading the firmware in the near future.

To all those who will download and rush to flash leaked builds, please know that it will most probably wipe all your internal storage and also, there maybe a case where you might not be able to flash back the stable OOS 5.0.8. So flash it on your own risk or simply wait for a stable build.

13. Moin2200
    KitKat Mar 27, 2019

Moin2200 , Mar 27, 2019 :
    To be honest most users here would rather brick their phones and complain than to wait a few days. :p

14. abhibnl

abhibnl , Mar 27, 2019 :
    Their attitude towards OP 3/3T has been nothing but great so far. Be thankful you are getting an official Pie release that should get you through the 2019 year with ease. They aren't lazy. They announced it officially that they will only release Pie for OP3/T when they have released stable builds for their newer products. If was a fool attitude from you to think you are entitled to get an updates "sooner". They will release Pie for everyone. Unless you want to be a guinea pig with possibly bricked device, don't show greed for beta builds and wait for official one. Now be a good lad, and don't curse openly on forums.

vishvanjay, otto2 and dsmonteiro like this.
  15. Ankitbhat12345
    Jelly Bean Mar 27, 2019

Ankitbhat12345 , Mar 27, 2019 :
    Dont use abuse words

16. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Mar 27, 2019

SoniaB , Mar 27, 2019 :
    Will add now. Also stickied your post so it appears as the 2nd post

17. CodesCodger
    Gingerbread Mar 27, 2019

CodesCodger , Mar 27, 2019 :
    ouf fan boi

18. GopalB.
    Nougat Mar 27, 2019

GopalB. , Mar 27, 2019 :
    Isn't that the reason we work here... :rolleyes:
    Isn't this oneplus support??? o_O

B_Wrath, otto2 and SoniaB like this.
  19. Liehjan
    Lollipop Mar 27, 2019

Liehjan , Mar 27, 2019 :
    Is this the joke of the day?! :D:D

20. Aziz_Amin_Oneplus
    Jelly Bean Mar 27, 2019

Aziz_Amin_Oneplus , Mar 27, 2019 :
    I am thinking of switching back to Oreo update on OnePlus 5t and you OnePlus 3 and 3t users are fighting for getting Android Pie, Once you get in I guarantee you guys will cry for getting back in the old build, as software update has just started give some time to reach it's best level, lol this shows people cannot live with something old always.