IMPORTANT! sRGB mode too yellowish? Simply RESTART device!

1. rishabhsri20
    Eclair Jul 9, 2016

rishabhsri20 , Jul 9, 2016 :
    hahahaha :D. Hey did u find the custom icon packs option??? I am not getting it...

2. m.abhirup
    Gingerbread Jul 9, 2016

m.abhirup , Jul 9, 2016 :
    yeah I did use it. Now, I have sent my OP3 back for replacement.So, I cannot exactly remember where that option was, but it was there in if you press and hold for sometime in the home screen > customize and then swipe right for a while I guess.

3. rishabhsri20
    Eclair Jul 9, 2016

Awesome body :d. SO may options. I dint know :D.. an option to remove the google bar too :d

4. rishabhsri20
    Eclair Jul 9, 2016

I do not like the audio output via earphones. Its really bad. Do u feel the same?

5. Jmilu76
    Froyo Jul 9, 2016

Jmilu76 , Jul 9, 2016 :
    The yellowish effect absolutely gone after the reboot. I mean if you switch off sRGB and on again than the screen isn't yellowish anymore... No it's not a placebo, it works.
    THNX for the tip...

6. pbr1111
    Donut Jul 9, 2016

pbr1111 , Jul 9, 2016 :
    Placebo, it's all in how your eyes adapt to this saturation change. Stop crying anymore for this sRGB mode, if you don't like it, use normal mode, so shut up and don't blame anymore.

Read about sRGB and you'll know why the white aren't white.

7. igen
    Gingerbread Jul 9, 2016

igen , Jul 9, 2016 :
    Even after a reboot it seems pretty yellow to me.

8. mit2nil
    Froyo Jul 10, 2016

9. zeljko
    Gingerbread Jul 12, 2016

zeljko , Jul 12, 2016 :
    This tip does not change anything. I compared the temperature of white with other devices before and after restart and it looks the same.

10. sommersy
    KitKat Jul 21, 2016

sommersy , Jul 21, 2016 :
    I agree; my subjective perception of white is totally thrown off by switching between my laptop screen, the AMOLED of my ol' Note, the LCDs of my other phones and the OP3's screen. Which looks slightly greenish to me on sRGB, even after a reboot.

Frankly, I prefer the white in 'opti' mode, even though it makes the colours too saturated. It's actually very subtly grey-looking under my slider-settings - but even so.

11. F_Tony_DeMartino_hjHI
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 8, 2016

F_Tony_DeMartino_hjHI , Aug 8, 2016 :
    If they could color correct the whites I'd love RGB mode. The slight yellow hue is annoying. Reminds me of my old Nexus 6.

12. MarkLR
    Jelly Bean Aug 8, 2016

MarkLR , Aug 8, 2016 :
    It's just like switching from listening to music with equalizer and then without. Listening to EQ will seem better but after a while your ears will adapt to the sound with no EQ and the sound with EQ will be weird for a while. You want to "reset" your eyes to sRGB mode? Use your phone for 30 minutes with night mode enabled, your eyes will adapt to the super yellow night mode, when you turn it off, the whites on sRGB will be perfect to your eyes.

Honestly though, I find the screen to be really good on the default setting, or a bit lower than that so I can achieve slightly colder whites. I have a preference for slightly colder and slightly saturated colors. sRGB just looks muted and tinted to me, I find no reason to ever use it. After I use night mode, the color balance I usually use looks really blue, but after a while my eyes adapt and I find the whites just perfect.

13. LammyPictures
    Honeycomb Aug 8, 2016

LammyPictures , Aug 8, 2016 :
    Actually it's the Night Mode I think is too yellowish/green. Grab an iPhone or compare to a desktop with f.lux where it looks more orange/red

14. Two
    Honeycomb Aug 9, 2016

Two , Aug 9, 2016 :
    Of course it's less yellowish after a reboot, if it's the same thing as with the Cyanogenmod roms, the sRGB setting will reset to stock setting on each boot. So basically you're back to NTSC mode.

15. Scherpenseel
    KitKat Aug 9, 2016

Scherpenseel , Aug 9, 2016 :
    This does not do the trick for me, still to yellow for my taste. I love the bright colors in the standard.

16. videvil99
    Eclair Dec 7, 2016

17. videvil99
    Eclair Dec 7, 2016

18. Auristic
    Lollipop Dec 7, 2016