Impressions: Pelosi Clear Snap-on Case

1. littleman00
    Froyo Feb 4, 2015

littleman00 , Feb 4, 2015 :
    Just received my Pelosi Clear White case that I ordered from eBay. Was tempted to get the black one that has the same "sandstone" feel as the 64gb OPO, but since not too many people have bought this clear white one, I thought I'd go against the grain this time. This isn't a comprehensive review, as I've only had this for a few hours, just my initial thoughts.

This material is soft to the touch. Not exactly sure what this case is made out of, but it's so soft that it offers almost no grip. In fact, I'd say this makes the OPO a little harder to keep in your hand. I have no idea what the 16gb OPO with the "baby skin" back feels like, but I assume it's kinda like this. However, the material seems pretty scratch-resistant, and I'm not noticing any smudges when I hold it.

The case offers the most minimal protection - it's got the sides and back covered well enough, but the top, bottom, and front are completely exposed. When I mean "front," I mean that the case has no "lip" so when you lie it facing downward on a flat surface, the glass is touching. I'm using a CaseBase tempered glass screen protector, so it doesn't bother me too much.

There are cutouts for the power button and volume rocker on the sides, and on the rear there's cutouts for the camera and dual-LED flash plus the rear-facing microphone.

The color of the case is an opaque white, which to be honest doesn't look all that great with the black sandstone color of the OPO. It makes the back look like a very dull grey. From a distance it doesn't look bad; it actually almost looks white.

It cost me about $7.50USD with free shipping from eBay, so it's not a bad case for the price. In comparison, I was primarily using an Orzly red bumper case (which isn't really a bumper case), and while it offered a lot of protection, it made my OPO just a little too bulky for my liking. I have also used the aluminum bumper cases, but like some people have experienced, they affected my signal strength enough that I don't use them anymore. 15 - 1.jpg 15 - 2.jpg 15 - 3.jpg 15 - 4.jpg 15 - 5.jpg
    Yes, this last image does feature the snap-on case, it just doesn't show up very well in the photo.

gusuraman, r6174 and uao like this.
  2. uao
    Gingerbread Feb 4, 2015