Answered Improve the Ambient Display

1. M457ERM1ND
    Donut Dec 29, 2018

M457ERM1ND , Dec 29, 2018 :
    Hello everyone,

just to mention at first, I like the ambient display by OnePlus and I don't think I need an Always On Display, however in my opinion it's not much different to develop than what we have already so it just seems like removing an option for users... and that doesn't sound like OnePlus.

But read here... these are my suggestions for improving the ambient display feature:

- don't light up the whole screen (clock, etc) to full brightness when tapped on the fingerprint icon
    (I don't know why on the ambient display touching the fingerprint icon always lights up the whole screen when on lockscreen only the fingerprint icon is lighted up, as it should be)
    also making the unlock animation stay on the actual level of brightness would help a lot of eyes out there unlocking their phones at night

- show the notifications when they arrive but also after it until the user unlocks the phone and checks them;
    frequency of the notification pop-up based on the behaviour of a notification; for example: sound and pop-up = pop on the ambient screen each 30 seconds, sound = each 60 seconds, show silently = only the first time, show silently and minimize = never

- when a screen-off gesture is drawn on the ambient display, show some bubble saying what has been activated/launched;
    for example: V (flashlight) = "Flashlight: ON/OFF", M (Messenger) = Launching Messenger.", etc.
    for the music controls only show the notification pop-up

- when the Do Not Disturb mode is turned on, show its icon on the ambient display just as it's on the lockscreen now

That's pretty much everything that came on my mind till now. Please tell me what you think about this and hopefully OnePlus' staff see it.

2. Gav_W86
    Starting Point Expert Jan 3, 2019

Gav_W86 , Jan 3, 2019 :
    hi, and welcome. you are posting on a public community forum of users here, not speaking to OnePlus. You can use the "Submit a Suggestion" button on https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/ to feedback directly.

M457ERM1ND likes this.
  3. M457ERM1ND
    Donut Jan 3, 2019

M457ERM1ND , Jan 3, 2019 :
    hello, thanks for the advice.
    it will come very useful for me because I have more suggestions but the text space for the feedback are too limited. so I can't write down the whole idea.