1. DileepMuvvala
    Gingerbread Jun 20, 2021

2. turkas likes this.
  3. pmk reddy
    Cupcake Jun 20, 2021

4. @nkittak
    Eclair Jun 20, 2021

@nkittak , via OnePlus 9R , Jun 20, 2021 :
    You should also look after 9r . It is doing horrible optimization. Please do it ASAP because it feels really awkward to open the camera for a phone of 40k in front of mid range phones which click better image than 9r.

5. Young_Blood
    KitKat Jun 20, 2021

6. veda2810
    Honeycomb Jun 20, 2021

veda2810 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jun 20, 2021 :
    In macro mode even in broad day light we need to ensure that both the subject and the hand needs to be stable else the subject becomes blurry

This should not be the case

Atleast in broad day light the shutter speed should automatically be faster and ensure that the picture always comes out stable and sharp

It's impossible to shoot leaves or flowers properly cos the slightest movement makes the object blurry

7. S1620803341013 likes this.
  8. veda2810
    Honeycomb Jun 20, 2021

S1620803341013 likes this.
  9. L1596792816326
    Cupcake Jun 20, 2021

L1596792816326 , via OnePlus Nord , Jun 20, 2021 :
    Nice but i would like to say that why @OnePlus is ignoring NORD. NORD users are facing several issues related to system like phone lagging, heating, slow charging, delay notifications, battery draining fastly etc. OS 11 for NORD is like packet of problems. Please fix these issues. Why OnePlus is ignoring us. Might be NORD doesn't belong to 50k family in pricing segment that's why we are facing these issues.

AAA_Freddo_Addle likes this.
  10. Thundax
    Eclair Jun 20, 2021

Stickied Post
    Thundax , Jun 20, 2021 :
    First of all, thank you for improving the performance of the camera. I think you are doing a great job!

Here are my two cents of feedback:

16:9 photo mode
    Because I usually am viewing my photos on 16:9 screens, it would be great if shooting 16:9 native photos is possible. This 'issue' keeps you chasing for years now. :)
    And why? I always want to know 100% exactly what I'm photographing from corner to corner. Cropping afterwards results in cropping too much or leaving too much left in the photo when cropping it to 16:9.
    Most other manufacturers like Samsung, Apple and Xiaomi have the ability to shoot 16:9 photos.
    I guess that this issue results in losing more potential buyers than you think.

Crushed shadows/blacks
    In general you are doing a good job, but sometimes the shadows/blacks just 'feel' a little bit too crushed.
    The high dynamic range capability of the OP9P is able to show just a little more shadow detail to make the photo feel less 'cheap contrasty', so make use of that!
    However, the solution is not overbrightening the darker areas too much: I really love good shadows instead of an overprocessed HDR-look which overbrightens everything. But too much black feels unnatural at this time compared to what I'm experiencing in real life.
    It just needs a bit of tweaking.

Purple clipping
    Some dark clipped areas are heavily purple instead of black.
    To show this, try far increasing the gamma of your final low light photo example (in post-editing) and it will show some black and purple clipped areas in the trees.
    Of course some detail is lost because of the limited dynamic range which couses mono color clipped areas; but in my opinion those clipped areas should be black instead of purple because purple is more bothering. Why? Because sometimes it's fun to play in post-processing (with HDR-software for example) and then the purple areas become far too dominant. Also see the next issue on purple.
    Beside that, it's really amazing how much detail in the dark trees is preserved (high dynamic range) which can be brought back to life with only some gamma increase. Superb!

Purple corners
    On night-shot photos with black skies on top, the upper corners of the photo often have a slight purple (vignetting) hue. At first it isn't noticeable and some people just don't see it. But for example, after increasing the gamma in post-editing, it can be seen very clearly. This also can be measured when detecting the RGB-values of those pixels: then the pixels have a higher red and blue value than green (which results in purple). It would be great if this can be detected and be neutralized towards the color of the rest of the sky/no purple hue.

Pro Mode video/Manual EV
    It would be great if it's possible to set up a fixed EV/lightening when capturing a video.
    Now and then when moving the camera to the sky or buildings or road, the lightening/EV changes a lot. For the Auto-mode this is great because you always get the best picture of that moment: Don't change a thing in that mode.
    But for some occasions it would be handy if the lightening isn't automatically changed all the time when moving the camera around; so in my opinion this should be an option. And this together with eventually other Pro-mode features like ISO, shutter speed etc. like on other flagships.
    Next to this, I really do like the video quality of the OnePlus 9 Pro (that might be said too). Also in low light where the camera doesn't overbrighten the scenes like some other phones (unfortunately) do. Continue this great work!

5 minute video recording limit 4k60
    It's still a pity there's a hard 5 minute recording limit; regardless of the temperature of the phone at that moment.
    Of course I understand it's hard for such a small device to perform heavy tasks for a long time, and I don't want to burn my phone at all; so it's good to show warnings and even an auto shutdown when the phone really gets too hot.
    But sometimes 5 minutes is just not enough to capture my scene. I would make the recording limit more dependent on the health/temperature status of the device and no hard 5 minute limit (which now results into me hitting the recording button each time again).

This was my feedback. Good luck on keeping up the excellent work you are doing to make the camera perform better.
    If you want to have examples or more info: please let me know. And it would be great if you give some feedback on my comments too. Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021

11. gautamthapar
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus TV U1S Jun 20, 2021

12. rohitmalkud
    Cupcake Jun 20, 2021

rohitmalkud , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jun 20, 2021 :
    Nice, I have for the second time moved from iphone to one plus. This time from iphone 12 pro max. My friends were against the move. But I had gut feelings. I hope these updates keep coming and wish the 9 pro model gets better and better everyday. Keep it improving, never settle.

13. kriscool77
    Froyo Jun 20, 2021

kriscool77 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jun 20, 2021 :
    The image processing on the front facing camera of the OnePlus 9 pro is very poor. On the viewfinder before taking the picture the image looks clean and well defined but after the image processing the picture looks like it has been taken from a 5 MP camera. Pre image processing the Picture looks great in the viewfinder means this Camera Lens can take excellent selfies. OnePlus please fix the front facing camera image processing. Give love to the front Camera. @Gary C.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021

veda2810 likes this.
  14. aditya.saudiyal@
    Cupcake Jun 20, 2021

K1624468821606 likes this.
  15. veda2810
    Honeycomb Jun 20, 2021

veda2810 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jun 20, 2021 :
    100 % correct
    You can take way better pics from the front camera with GCAM which shows that the cam dev team at oneplus clearly hasn't done a good job with this
    The lens is capable

kriscool77 likes this.
  16. script
    Moderator Moderator Jun 20, 2021

Stickied Post
    script , Jun 20, 2021 :
    Very good feedback, that says it all in two posts. Great work, both. :)

@Gary C. Have a look, please.

17. F1623334954197
    Cupcake Jun 20, 2021