In a bootloop after updating to Oneplus 6T Android 10 Beta update

1. mushfiqweb
    Cupcake Oct 19, 2019

mushfiqweb , Oct 19, 2019 :
    I saw the post on XDA and downloaded the update. Then updated the by selecting local update.
    Now Stuck in a boot loop!

Ahmadyousuf7, elibroftw and asma12 like this.
  2. asma12
    Froyo Oct 24, 2019

asma12 , Oct 24, 2019 :
    Same after OTA update. Only fastbbot mode works, no bootloader version, no baseband version. Time to use msmdownloadtool and delete everything from the 6T.

3. elibroftw
    Eclair Nov 2, 2019

elibroftw , Nov 2, 2019 :
    Same, after updating to the Stable build after downloading from Oxygen Updater.

Sidhaarth mutreja likes this.
  4. Kytharsis
    Marshmallow Nov 2, 2019

Kytharsis , Nov 2, 2019 :
    Always clean flash new Android versions to reduce the amount of carryover bugs as possible.

5. Kruemelfelix
    Honeycomb Nov 2, 2019

Kruemelfelix , Nov 2, 2019 :
    Had you rooted the devices?

If yes you would have needed to reflash magisk to the inactive slot after the OTA but before reastarting. Now you need to boot into TWRP recovery (you don‘t need to flash it) and either try a dirty flash of OOS again or format the device and perform a clean flash.

I had no problems updating with Magisk.

6. saaaaad8
    Donut Nov 3, 2019

saaaaad8 , Nov 3, 2019 :
    [oneplus 6t stock. issue after updating to android 10 ota]
    i literally sh#t my pants when suddenly my phone went compete haywire(not responding and showing my wallpaper). then i decided to reboot it using just the power button. for at least 10 mins i could not get the phone to be started let alone working, it was stuck in bootloop for 10mins and using just the power button didnt work this time. i then found out that you need to hold power button+ vol up. this did help get me out of bootloop.

PS. i DID NOT root my phone. i used oxygen updater to update my phone. what could be the possibility of such abnormality?? anyone enlighten me;)

7. falcont
    Cupcake Nov 3, 2019

8. naramamoorthi
    Froyo Nov 14, 2019

naramamoorthi , Nov 14, 2019 :
    You sir are a life saver. Thank you so much for this. Mine did the same thing and this got me out of the loop. I was trying to use the camera and it had hung. killed it and restarted it a couple of times and the phone went on a loop suddenly. Never had a single random reboot on this phone for the past year I've had this.

saaaaad8 likes this.
  9. NicoTF
    Cupcake Nov 14, 2019

NicoTF , Nov 14, 2019 :
    Thank you! My phone just got in a bootloop when i plugged it on my PC, same thing: never rooted, OTA update... Hope OnePlus will fix this and the other big issues on Android 10

saaaaad8 likes this.
  10. Ahmadyousuf7
    Cupcake Nov 18, 2019

Ahmadyousuf7 , Nov 18, 2019 :
    How do I go back without losing my data?
    My Oneplus 6T is stuck on bootloop from 6 hours+ I've tried to hard reset the device, i have tried Volume Up + Power button, Recovery mode, deleting cache, none of it is working.

I had updated using the Oxygen Updater, 10.0 update, and it is now stuck forever in bootloop.
    Please help

11. saaaaad8
    Donut Nov 24, 2019

saaaaad8 , Nov 24, 2019 :
    Happy to help :)
    by the way in my phone it gets triggered whenever an app gets stuck or i use something in any app that may not be worrking smoothly. its hard to explain it via text, only on seeing it with own eyes you can understand that the apps are triggering the reboot..

12. naramamoorthi
    Froyo Nov 26, 2019

naramamoorthi , Nov 26, 2019 :
    I get you. today the reddit app stopped working then the phone went all wonky and got rebooted itself back into that loop. OP really needs to fix this quick.

13. Sannezelders
    Cupcake Nov 29, 2019

Sannezelders , Nov 29, 2019 :
    Ohhhh I always did volume down- and it never worked. Thank you so much!!!!!! its the 3rd time in the bootloop now and every time it lasted for like 3 hours, i hope that next time it will be done immediately

saaaaad8 likes this.