[Answered] in-display fingerprint brightness issue

1. vores4u
    Eclair Nov 10, 2018

vores4u , Nov 10, 2018 :
    Just unlock the device using the in-built fingerprint sensor when on Ambient display. When unlocking device using the in-display fingerprint sensor, the entire screen brightens whereas only the sensor area should brighten up. The same works great when using the app locker. When unlocking apps locked using the app locker, only the fingerprint sensor area brightens rest of the area remains at default brightness.
    Why can't the same be done for screen unlock?

Tezi, tiagovg, E1541014456286 and 3 others like this.
  2. Tuneer97
    Froyo Nov 10, 2018

Abu -Khulzat and vores4u like this.
  3. Jeff H.
    OnePlus Bug Hunter OnePlus Bug Hunter Nov 11, 2018

Jeff H. , Nov 11, 2018 :
    Hi dear users.

Greetings. This is Jeff from OnePlus Bug Hunters Team, thanks for your feedback.

This is the current disign, not a bug. The sensor needs a hight brightness to recognize the fingerprint information.

Thank you and have a nice day.

High regards,
    OnePlus Bug Hunters

4. Tuneer97
    Froyo Nov 11, 2018

Tuneer97 , Nov 11, 2018 :
    While that is true, only the sensor regions needs to be bright right? why does the whole screen get bright while unlocking from ambient screen but doesn't happen when unlocking from lock screen or using app locker ?

5. vores4u
    Eclair Nov 12, 2018

Abu -Khulzat likes this.
  6. Abu -Khulzat
    Eclair Nov 12, 2018

Abu -Khulzat , Nov 12, 2018 :
    When you scan your finger for the first time and when you scan it after turning the screen on, you can clearly see that the finger print scanning area is much brighter than the rest of the screen. So it is possible to make only the scanning area bright with the Ambient display too. Right?

kccchiu and Tuneer97 like this.
  7. kccchiu
    Cupcake Nov 12, 2018

kccchiu , Nov 12, 2018 :
    I was gonna report this and its great to see other people already reporting the issue
    I tried to change the ambient clock style to a more minimalistic font but the light from the clock still blinds me when I unlock with fingerprint.
    Would be very nice to have the clock stay the same brightness when the fingerprint scanner is activated.

Tuneer97 and Abu -Khulzat like this.
  8. Jeff H.
    OnePlus Bug Hunter OnePlus Bug Hunter Nov 12, 2018

Jeff H. , Nov 12, 2018 :
    Hi sir,

Thanks for the feedback, I will report this to our DEV teams, we will check it and work on it to improve its performance. Good days.

9. Abu -Khulzat
    Eclair Nov 12, 2018

Abu -Khulzat , Nov 12, 2018 :
    Thanks! looking forward to getting a new update with the fix[e]1f44d[/e][e]1f44d[/e][e]1f44d[/e]

10. C1533820120006
    Cupcake Feb 23, 2019

Tuneer97 likes this.
  11. Tuneer97
    Froyo Mar 2, 2019

Tuneer97 , Mar 2, 2019 :
    Just make the clock disappear when the user initiates the fingerprint unlock. I don't think anyone would mind losing the clock for a few milliseconds.
    PS:- I am on open beta 5, but this issue has still been ignored. Here we are, providing oneplus with solutions to a problem we face but you guys just ignore it.