In-display Fingerprint Scanner showing Flashlight via OnePlus Nord

1. SusmitaKulkarni
    Cupcake Aug 8, 2020

SusmitaKulkarni , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 8, 2020 :
    1596896132488.jpg

1596896132523.jpg

I have bought the new OnePlus Nord device with pre-order and have been using it since a day. I am noticing a strange problem with fingerprint scanner. It shows a flash light everytime I scan my finger on the sensor. *This flash light isn't from the phone's physical torch nor the green animation which I can customize.* But this is from within the sensor from under the glass where the sensor is present. This is happening everytime I unlock my phone. Please tell me how to fix this issue.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020

2. Timalay
    Gingerbread Aug 8, 2020

Timalay , Aug 8, 2020 :
    That's how all OnePlus in-display fingerprint sensors work. They shine a bright light through the AMOLED screen to read your fingerprint.

SusmitaKulkarni likes this.
  3. umberto75
    Gingerbread Aug 8, 2020

4. SusmitaKulkarni
    Cupcake Aug 8, 2020

SusmitaKulkarni , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 8, 2020 :
    Hadn't noticed it in realme devices or other OnePlus devices.. saw few review videos and it's same for them. Now I'm relieved! 😬 Thank you so much!

5. SusmitaKulkarni
    Cupcake Aug 8, 2020

umberto75 likes this.
  6. Timalay
    Gingerbread Aug 9, 2020

Timalay , Aug 9, 2020 :
    Settings - Customisation - the scroll the Lock Screen Customisation to the right, and it will be under Fingerprint animation. It'll only change the animation, not the brightness of the light shining though.

7. SusmitaKulkarni
    Cupcake Aug 9, 2020

SusmitaKulkarni , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 9, 2020 :
    That's the option to customize the animation design..but not to switch the flashlight off.. 😕

8. Timalay
    Gingerbread Aug 10, 2020

Timalay , Aug 10, 2020 :
    and as I said you can't switch it off, that's how most in-display fingerprint scanners work. It shines a bright light through the screen to read your fingerprint.