In Response to the Gorilla Glass 3 Rumors

1. lynxnoon2014 Honeycomb Dec 5, 2014

lynxnoon2014, Dec 5, 2014 :
    Well people will definitely come up with different allegations with or without bias .... The thing is to always be transparent and be ready to listen to criticisms (both + & - ).

As the saying goes ... Whatever doesn't kill u makes u stronger.

*Pls & pls more effort on CS

Thumbs up to 1+ :)

***BTW ... Am yet to receive my 1+1 (taking forever to deliver:(:eek:)

2. wtfhsf KitKat Community Expert Dec 5, 2014

wtfhsf, Dec 5, 2014 :
    Once again the company has brought forth new insights into their manufacturing process. Transparent and educational. Truly a great company.

3. Varun Varma Honeycomb Dec 5, 2014

Varun Varma, Dec 5, 2014 :
    @Bradon H Is the touchscreen panel made by Synaptics that you mention in the post commonly used by other smartphone manufacturers. If so why have you required multiple firmware updates directly from Synaptics to fix the problems while as far I know, no other major smartphone manufacturer has been suffering from these kind of issues.

Hkphooey and jabo3500 like this.
  4. mwayner Lollipop Dec 5, 2014

mwayner, Dec 5, 2014 :
    That the company should be forced to reiterate what can be easily verified is pathetic. It is my firm conviction that this issue arose solely because, in the back of people's minds, a Chinese company couldn't produce a cheap, above-average phone without resorting to nefarious practices. Who actually believed that OnePlus would instruct it's suppliers to use substandard glass on it's displays?

5. Jael Pendragon KitKat Dec 5, 2014

Jael Pendragon, Dec 5, 2014 :
    I guess there's no silicate particles at all where you live right? The omni present sand has no way to make it to your pockets not even a tiny little grain... RIGHT

6. scratchandsniff Honeycomb Dec 5, 2014

7. shubh Cupcake Dec 5, 2014

8. Stew2 Jelly Bean Dec 5, 2014

vantt1, Nilesh Sajnani and xoma262 like this.
  9. xoma262 Jelly Bean Dec 5, 2014

xoma262, Dec 5, 2014 :
    Thank you that you answered and confirmed that. Now I hope that OPT will come soon xD

10. xKRYPTx Gingerbread Dec 5, 2014

xKRYPTx, Dec 5, 2014 :
    Great response to rumors, i love the transparency of this company. Great job Oneplus!

11. lordbeerfest Eclair Dec 5, 2014

lordbeerfest, Dec 5, 2014 :
    I'd much rather you do that as well.

Thank you for the recent posts though.

12. dmmerife Cupcake Dec 5, 2014

dmmerife, Dec 5, 2014 :
    Now that that's put to rest, can you go back shipping my order.... please....

13. Franjo Jelly Bean Dec 5, 2014

14. Floydfire Gingerbread Dec 5, 2014

Floydfire, Dec 5, 2014 :
    Yeah, what about the camera? Nobody proved that is Sony and not sunny. So... We'll need they to waste their time to prove to us that they didn't fooled us and major companies instead of use the time to provide us the support we need.

15. thechosin44 KitKat Dec 5, 2014

16. caffeine Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 5, 2014

caffeine, Dec 5, 2014 :
    It's great to have such communcation! But then again, there's one issue that hasn't been closed yet, and that's the bad touchscreen one.
    There really is confusion about this one. The software side of it, Bacon-55 issue on Jira tracker is still in progress and not resolved, and the hardware one still needs your "translation", whatever that means. Please look into it as quickly as you've looked into this one, as it is as serious, if not more.
    Only then you can focus on innovation and bright future that lays ahead.
    Thank you.

Nilesh Sajnani likes this.
  17. Jhalavar Froyo Dec 5, 2014

Jhalavar, Dec 5, 2014 :
    Well I'm happy with my phone. Still can't believe how good it is for the price. I know others have had issues but I can only judge on my experience. The internet, sadly, is a breeding ground for accusations with little or no evidence to back them up and people often believe the supposed anonymity affords them the right to say anything they want. It's like tabloid media just even less based in facts. For those having genuine issues with their phones I sincerely hope you manage to work with OnePlus to get them sorted but for those merely jumping on the bandwagon kindly do one.

Sonar5 likes this.
  18. Floydfire Gingerbread Dec 5, 2014

Floydfire, Dec 5, 2014 :
    They say on reddit ama that will communicate with us next week so stay calm and angry and foolish and whatever you want to :)

caffeine likes this.
  19. mrhubble Eclair Dec 5, 2014

20. dizzle16 Jelly Bean Dec 5, 2014

dizzle16, Dec 5, 2014 :
    Well said. You guys have always been ac target for idiots. My suggestion is more interaction with consumers and addressing thus stuff in the weekly updates