In Response to the "Refurbished Phone" Rumors

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Milad
    Lollipop Dec 4, 2014

Milad , Dec 4, 2014 :
    The phones were all new.
    I think case 2 is opened by the customs of his country.

2. brendanrpatrick
    Eclair Dec 4, 2014

brendanrpatrick , Dec 4, 2014 :
    great, so how about getting some customer support going? i can't connect via USB and now i'm getting a myriad of ghost touch issues. the lack of response is disturbing.

3. KhalMinos
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 4, 2014

KhalMinos , Dec 4, 2014 :
    Great investigation and a lot of details! Thanks for sharing, its good to get some feedback about this so that any new customer is not negatively affected before even trying this company.

4. rritambhar
    Jelly Bean Dec 4, 2014

rritambhar , Dec 4, 2014 :
    EDIT: Links are working :)
    That should be me!
    link to my claim
    Hi, thanks for at least putting the effort to compile all the list and trying to void the claims of accusers. I cannot speak for others so I will leave that part and go ahead straight to my own part.
    So,your record says the device was shipped out within 5days of manufacture. Now, I will post exactly what I replied to your message earlier -
    upload_2014-12-4_11-27-19.png
    FOR READING: add that ^ with what I wrote in my claim post.
    now,could you please tell me why I found dust(not just a grain or two) around the edges as well inside the package of a new sealed device? I am taking your words that it wasnt refurbished (since you cannot prove conclusively that it was actually made on Oct13th unless I go to OnePlus manufacturing plant and look into the list myself. Again,anything over internet is no proof,i dont want others to trust me either). I simply want to understand why I got the dust and scuffs around the metallic bezels. On top of that, why was the sandstone back so smooth? There was a wide 2months gap between my first OPO and that third OPO and the coarseness of the backs were hell and heaven diff. Now you can easily say I am lying and whatever i claim is nothing but libel ! In that case I will consider this discussion closed and I will keep my independant view of the incident. Regardless, I would love to have a proper explanation of what exactly happened.
    Taking into account that the device was shipped within 5days of manufacture - there can be a lot of things going wrong,especially the after manufacturing and prior to packaging, regarding the handling of the product. If that actually was the case(which should be,considering neither you or me are lying) then poor quality control and handling would be my future concern.
    regards.
    PS: i have nothing to prove conclusively to anyone. i simply want to know the reason why i faced the issue.

PS2: So, @Bradon H , you are telling me you manufacture a phone in china in day 1, ship it to usa within day5 and then ship again from USA califorina to rest of USA within that 5th day? wow, if thats the case then I wonder how you keep up with the air shipment cost ! care explaining?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014

5. wilbarger
    Jelly Bean Dec 4, 2014

wilbarger , Dec 4, 2014 :
    First of all, thanks for posting your response to the claims made by the op for OP. The fan boys around here will wail because you posted your side of the story. I sincerely hope that the other 6 will post also - whether they agree with OP or not on their claims. Too many people on this forum take everything the staff says for the truth and fact, when this has proven to not be the case many times.

Again, thanks for posting your side for all to see.

ramsabi, IWantOneNow, j244 and 2 others like this.
  6. rritambhar
    Jelly Bean Dec 4, 2014

they yell transparency - here is me trying my best.
    and again, i will, under no circumstance, accept what Branden just wrote! I am no idiot, he said the the phone was shipped within 5days of manufacture, so that means unless they have a factory in US, they imported the phone in 5business days from China to US California and shipped it out? And even if that was the case, tell me, it is impossible to change the IMEI of an old phone in factory and then whatever.
    Q1: what happens to the phones that are sent back to OP ? do they simply toss it? unlike apple or other refurbished sellers, I dont believe OP officially sells anything anywhere. SO? the returned phones are vanished like shadow in daylight??

7. Jayception
    KitKat Dec 4, 2014

Jayception , Dec 4, 2014 :
    Glad your response was thorough and transparent. Honesty goes a long way with the consumer. I hope you get tot he bottom of the issues at hand!

finaldentiny and Nilesh Sajnani like this.
  8. rajeevbthakar
    Gingerbread Dec 4, 2014

rajeevbthakar , Dec 4, 2014 :
    Thanks for tranperan
    Thanks for showing transparency and keen ness to improve. Our trust only increases in OPO

9. Permmyboy
    Froyo Dec 4, 2014

Permmyboy , Dec 4, 2014 :
    Thank god they posted this. Once I heard this rumor I was skeptical about getting a phone from a shady company. Now that they cleared it up I hope they prosper into an epic empire that will topple all other phone companies.

mobtek likes this.
  10. rritambhar
    Jelly Bean Dec 4, 2014

read my reply jay! 3posts above u

11. airgreek
    Froyo Dec 4, 2014

airgreek , Dec 4, 2014 :
    I can expect bashing towards a company that is revolutionizing the industry. Other companies like Scamsung and Apple should be worried about Oneplus One. Selling an awesome phone like this at this rock bottom price has them scared.

12. mrxtremem
    Eclair Dec 4, 2014

mrxtremem , Dec 4, 2014 :
    one question. What about the touch issue?
    500,000+ devices sold, still not fixed?

13. mrxtremem
    Eclair Dec 4, 2014

mrxtremem , Dec 4, 2014 :
    Lets here it out.
    While you are at it, just tell us when you know the issue, why isnt it fixed?

Nilesh Sajnani and Kookitza like this.
  14. Jayception
    KitKat Dec 4, 2014

Jayception , Dec 4, 2014 :
    Yikes! That does debunk a few points. Damage control is perhaps actually not that well. I would like an explanation as well.

15. ndr696969
    KitKat Dec 4, 2014

ndr696969 , Dec 4, 2014 :
    i received a used phone . there were traces of CUM on sandstone back . how will Oneplus One investigate now ?

guernicadan and Nilesh Sajnani like this.
  16. lemor
    Jelly Bean Dec 4, 2014

lemor , Dec 4, 2014 :
    WTF ??? What are you talking about ???

IWantOneNow likes this.
  17. steve3930
    Cupcake Dec 4, 2014

steve3930 , Dec 4, 2014 :
    I'm new to this and waiting for an invite. In the meantime Iam trying to find out the good and the bad. There seems to be a number of people intent on causing mischief. WHY?

kalali, RonaldM and ExpatZ like this.
  18. Clarina
    Gingerbread Dec 4, 2014

Clarina , Dec 4, 2014 :
    Interesting the numbers are way too small 7 out of 500,000+ phones sold so unless there are more such reports I can't seem to take sides.
    Also i believe in some countries like Canada customs officer can open the imported product if there be a need ... just saying.

19. thechosin44
    KitKat Dec 4, 2014

thechosin44 , Dec 4, 2014 :
    off topic, is the case a rhino shield case or another brand? i thought is was on pre-order only for OPO?

20. armmani2001
    KitKat Dec 4, 2014

armmani2001 , Dec 4, 2014 :
    Thanks for taking it serious!