In Response to the "Refurbished Phone" Rumors

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicomoof
    Eclair Dec 4, 2014

nicomoof , Dec 4, 2014 :
    Dear @Bradon H

Just posting this here as my issue seems to be related.
    There is a "dust" under my screen, nearly 1mm long
    I opened a thread in French and opened a ticket in support as soon as I opened the box of my phone and noticed it friday 28th of november .

I still have not received any news so I try here, hoping one of you help me sort this out...

Enclosed a picture, more available on the thread.
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/support-poussiere-sous-ecran.192706/

The order number is
    #1100XXXXX

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2014

nirgale likes this.
  2. iMrMatthias
    Gingerbread Dec 4, 2014

larrytamang likes this.
  3. j244
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 4, 2014

j244 , Dec 4, 2014 :
    Amazed? A potentially harmfull story almost always gets a quick reply if it is in serious danger of influencing sales. Nothing to be amazed about.

4. pranav.joshi83
    Cupcake Dec 4, 2014

5. DRCH
    Marshmallow Dec 4, 2014

DRCH , Dec 4, 2014 :
    I removed your order number
    Just because it is too unsecure :)
    I hope you will understand

6. nicomoof
    Eclair Dec 4, 2014

nicomoof , Dec 4, 2014 :
    no problem ;)
    When i saw the notification for your message I expected something else though :p

Under which category of the forum should I post in order to hope an answer on this ? :/
    I'm starting to be a bit desperate, waiting since last friday

7. firewire2035
    KitKat Dec 4, 2014

Calcustom likes this.
  8. bsquirrell
    Honeycomb Dec 4, 2014

bsquirrell , Dec 4, 2014 :
    I have not experienced any issues with my phone, I love it. I have friends and family who also want it but do not have the money yet. I received an invite which was given to a friend and used immediately for his wife, who also loves the phone. While I know that in the real world there will always be issues with products, from the evidence I have seen, the percentage is very , very small. I like the fact that these assumptions were investigated. To me it shows commitment to the product and it's quality. I come from Samsung phones, glad to have had the opportunity to make the change.

9. bsquirrell
    Honeycomb Dec 4, 2014

bsquirrell , Dec 4, 2014 :
    I think it is just that some people are never happy, The way of the world now, unfortunately

10. feluda
    Lollipop Dec 4, 2014

feluda , Dec 4, 2014 :
    Appreciate the investigation and the publishing of the results. Although it may not clear out all the conspiracy theories, at least we know that OPO staff take these things seriously.

11. grievor
    Honeycomb Dec 4, 2014

12. Mlouis
    Cupcake Dec 4, 2014

Mlouis , Dec 4, 2014 :
    Great customer service, you guys really stand behind you're products!

13. CarDusan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 5, 2014

CarDusan , Dec 5, 2014 :
    Another example so everyone is at peace:
    I ordered Nexus 6 couple of weeks ago, and brand new sealed device arrived with some smudges on the protective screen foil, and also back of the phone was fairly dusty - like packaging residue left on it... after wiping the phone with the microfiber cloth, it was all good... This unit was returned for display issue reasons... I got replacement... SAME THING... smudges on protective screen foil, and also again dusty backing - which after wiped it, it was all good...

Not to defend anyone or make someone look bad - but this happens to other phones, trust me!

patk7 and firewire2035 like this.
  14. firefly5

firefly5 , Dec 5, 2014 :
    Was there any EXIF data attached to the original picture? There should've been, right?

15. kenheff
    Gingerbread Dec 5, 2014

16. DrJMun
    KitKat Dec 5, 2014

DrJMun , Dec 5, 2014 :
    Finally a response from OPO. Being silent on this very serious issue was not working in their favor. Good to see OPO respond to these allegations. Good job.

17. vantt1
    Jelly Bean Dec 5, 2014

vantt1 , Dec 5, 2014 :
    That's no fair. I wasn't mentioned in that other post :(

Case 1: Regardless of the image being taken with the OnePlus One, it's still suspicious, no?
    Case 3: Minor glitch = someone set it up at the factory maybe?
    Case 4: It doesn't have to be used/refurbished. It could have been mistreated at the factory
    Case 6: It's best for you to make an announcement prior to doing things out of the ordinary like putting a screen protector on a brand new device. It would save a lot of misunderstanding. You guys should already be well aware that the retail box and film already suffices as a protective measure during transit, and putting an additional screen protector on the phone just raises suspicion rather than increasing protection.

[​IMG]

Bottom line: just sayin' :p

xbenbox, IWantOneNow and KrishPlusOne like this.
  18. fgaurano

19. KrishPlusOne
    Jelly Bean Dec 5, 2014

20. MrSammy
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2014

MrSammy , Dec 5, 2014 :
    Brandon I ordered my opo last Friday 28th Nov and haven't got an update or followup on whether my phone has shipped nor the status. Where in my one plus account can I view this?