In response to the Type-C cable discussions

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ebadillo
    Honeycomb Nov 27, 2015

ebadillo , Nov 27, 2015 :
    Any proper cable, and the one included in OPT are safe to use with OPT, the problem is when you want to use the one from OPT in anything else. Then the problems begin. The Googler who raised this issue has been rating cables in amazon, i recommend you to go and look for his reviews and go from there if you want a cable to use in anything else.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A25GROL6KJV3QG/ref=pdp_new

you can find his reviews here in the link above, notice that there are a few pages, you can find cables for arround 7$ that are fully compilant with specs.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015

2. Kattis
    Marshmallow Nov 27, 2015

Kattis , Nov 27, 2015 :
    "about" can you not count Mr o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O ;););)

Martino1plus likes this.
  3. mackDiogo
    Honeycomb Nov 27, 2015

mackDiogo , Nov 27, 2015 :
    Thanks so much, currently the only device I own that uses usb type c is the OPT, i guess that if i want to use another cable on the OPT should be one of the those that are compilant with specs right?

4. Martino1plus
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 27, 2015

Kattis likes this.
  5. Kattis
    Marshmallow Nov 27, 2015

Martino1plus likes this.
  6. ebadillo
    Honeycomb Nov 27, 2015

ebadillo , Nov 27, 2015 :
    it would most certainly be the better option, as you won't know what's going on with a random one. Anyway, the cable provided by OP is fine for usage in OPT, the only problem is when you want to use the cable in another devices. Some of us just want 1 cable for everything, therefore, making all this fuzz arround the cable, if you are just using it for the OPT you are just fine. If by any chance you get laptops, tablets, other stuff with type c, better use the cable provided by them or any of the compilants listed on that link above.

7. AndMaz
    Honeycomb Nov 27, 2015

AndMaz , Nov 27, 2015 :
    @Carl the main question is: why not following the standards?

Just follow them and you would be avoiding a lot of problems in future

jfeise likes this.
  8. nikhil_007
    Gingerbread Nov 27, 2015

nikhil_007 , Nov 27, 2015 :
    Type 'c' Cables out of stock in India since a long time now
    Please make them available asap!:mad:

9. mackDiogo
    Honeycomb Nov 27, 2015

mackDiogo , Nov 27, 2015 :
    Thanks, i went and checked and one of the cables i bought from a third party company is compilant with specs :D

Dunnow likes this.
  10. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Nov 27, 2015

Dunnow , Nov 27, 2015 :
    Yeah... I bought the OPT for their supposed futureproofness... So I expect my cable to work well with anything, so... your lame "it works with OPT" excuse is not valid for me. I want that money back. You promised me a Type-C cable and I want that. Not some random cable with a type-C connector and done.

ebadillo, jfeise and bokdoyagee like this.
  11. raistdejesus
    Cupcake Nov 27, 2015

raistdejesus , Nov 27, 2015 :
    Hi, What's the procedure to get a refund when purchased through your official distributor.
    In my case specifically, I bought the cable and adapter from Lazada Singapore.
    Please advise.

12. a02
    Donut Nov 27, 2015

a02 , Nov 27, 2015 :
    The main problem I have here is that OnePlus have failed standards that could cause a serious safety issue. If something as simple as the charger has failed standards, then who knows what other issues there are in other problems. Secondly, with the charger, either OnePlus knew that the charger had a fault, and deliberately didn't inform the customer, or the supplier of parts for OnePlus is misleading OnePlus, and OnePlus are failing to check quality. Finally, you state that there is no refund for buyers of the OP2, but part of the description of the phone was type c cable intended such that the phone would be 'futureproof'. Given that I have essentially been mislead by the description, I would like a replacement cable that is compliant with standards.

ebadillo, jfeise and bokdoyagee like this.
  13. Yash.parekh
    Gingerbread Nov 28, 2015

praveenvj likes this.
  14. peteplus
    Honeycomb Nov 28, 2015

peteplus , Nov 28, 2015 :
    In the past China has had a reputation for producing lower quality fakes or copies of other products.
    Thankfully it is now a powerhouse of leading-edge technology.

Its good to see OP has treated its supporters, which have jumped through hoops to hand over their money, correctly, by admitting when they make a serious and dangerous error.
    And kudos to OP, I don't know of any Chinese companies that have succeeded in making a dodgy knock-off of a connector standard, let alone marketing it as Type-C! Are Sales of Goods laws a thing of the past?

I have recently ordered a load of OTG products. I wonder if those companies will be so quick to offer refunds based on OP's lack of design QC.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015

15. jfeise
    Honeycomb Nov 28, 2015

jfeise , Nov 28, 2015 :
    LOL. None of the OTG products work, unless they connect to the phone with the faulty OnePlus Type-C connector...
    Been there, tried that ;)

16. peteplus
    Honeycomb Nov 28, 2015

Thanks for the info, sadly my setup will not allow this option.
    (I need the OTG to connect in my car - and there is no way I'm allowing out of spec and dangerous cables in my car. Just imagine if it blows the car up, kills my family, and I have to explain to the insurance company that "type-C doesn't have to mean type-C".)

I smell a recall on OP2. Will OP step up to the game?
    The supporters were happy to stump up the time, cash and take a risk to help OP when called upon...

jfeise likes this.
  17. peteplus
    Honeycomb Nov 28, 2015

In fact OP need to explain what they have done with the connection and more improtantly why they did it.
    Users need to know what products can connect to the phone correctly. They need to know which products can use their "cable", they also need to have confidence in the company for the future.

I look at the splash page for OP2 on the site
    "USB Type-C. The latest in charging and data transfer. Reversible and fumble free."

The first two lines in that phrase and now obviously fraudulent, no?

Dunnow, ebadillo and jfeise like this.
  18. a02
    Donut Nov 28, 2015

a02 , Nov 28, 2015 :
    OnePlus should issue a recall. Someone is going to damage another device, not everyone reads forums, and then what will happen? What if someone starts a fire? OnePlus need to immediately recall every single USB type c cable they made and send each and every person who bought of them a replacement.

jfeise likes this.
  19. Terranigma2k
    Cupcake Nov 28, 2015

Terranigma2k , Nov 28, 2015 :
    ... So a patch that we can use fastcharge will never Come...
    I rly dont get it. The cpu Support fastcharge but its Software (kernel) provided and now finished with the risistor in our cable.

20. PAPZI1957
    Gingerbread Nov 28, 2015

PAPZI1957 , Nov 28, 2015 :
    Sorry!
    I don't want fastcharge my OP 2, I just want my phone to use a single port for OTG function!
    Have you ever seen someone as USB OTG-C cable that works with the OP-2?
    Please!