In response to the Type-C cable discussions

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OPFanBoyTillEnd Honeycomb Jun 7, 2016

OPFanBoyTillEnd, Jun 7, 2016 :
    Yep, but that proves my point. Old cable was safe for OP products and a few more (there that table in the first post); new cable comes with the suggestion to use just for OP products. What's the difference?

2. kaihp Jelly Bean Jun 7, 2016

kaihp, Jun 7, 2016 :
    Frankly, IDK. From what I read somewhere in this thread, they (OnePlus) was changing the resistor to be on-spec with the standard. I'm sure the guy from Google that did all the testing have had a 'new' cable in hand, so try his G+ pages.

3. paolorivera Cupcake Jul 5, 2016

paolorivera, Jul 5, 2016 :
    Forgive me for my ignorance but I'd like to ask a few questions about the OnePlus 3's compatibility with other accessories. This will be my first time to buy a type C device which is why I have no knowledge about this. Thank you in advance!

1. OnePlus 3 comes with a Dash Charge capable Charger & cable but can you SAFELY use other chargers & type C cables not made by OnePlus? I know it won't have dash charge but is it safe to use?

2. In line with the first question, can I use my old power bank for the OnePlus 3? It has a max output of 5V 2.1A. Again, i'm only asking if it is safe for the device.

I'm asking because there is limited availability for accessories in my country. Thank you!

4. Carl Co-founder Staff Member Jul 5, 2016

Carl, Jul 5, 2016 :
    1. Not recommended, but safe

2. Yep

Locking thread because you're asking in an old thread about something unrelated.

kaihp likes this.