INBUILT SCREEN RECORDER

1. G_Manthan_Patel_lOWu
    Eclair Feb 2, 2019

G_Manthan_Patel_lOWu , Feb 2, 2019 :
    in today's phone market all flagship phone Brand are give you inbuilt screen recoding feature like apple ,Samsung ,
    and now like mi budget phone making company give inbuilt screen record feature
    so why are you not giving us this feature [e]1f621[/e][e]1f621[/e][e]1f621[/e]
    think & work about it
    we are sending this from 2017 and this is 2019
    this is too much [e]1f621[/e][e]1f621[/e][e]1f621[/e]
    [e]1f621[/e][e]1f621[/e][e]1f621[/e][e]1f621[/e][e]1f621[/e][e]1f621[/e][e]1f621[/e][e]1f621[/e][e]1f621[/e][e]1f621[/e][e]1f621[/e][e]1f621[/e][e]1f621[/e][e]1f621[/e][e]1f621[/e]
    [e]26a0[/e]️☠️WE NEED INBUILT SCREEN RECORDER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE[e]26a0[/e]️☠️

2. Neddard
    Lollipop Feb 2, 2019

otto2 likes this.
  3. David Y.
    Global Community Manager Staff Member Feb 2, 2019

David Y. , Feb 2, 2019 :
    The logic should be why do you have the need for a screen recorder feature, rather than other companies have this feature so we must do it.

I am not saying this feature is not important.

4. G_Manthan_Patel_lOWu
    Eclair Feb 2, 2019

but we need

Ganesh.25 and N1545746118448 like this.
  5. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Feb 2, 2019

camohan , Feb 2, 2019 :
    So I just wanted to understand the reason. Do you use screen recorder in day to day use. If yes, what purpose.

I think just because mi has so oneplus should have is not a valid argument or justification.

They also have cache cleaner just saying

6. otto2
    Lollipop Feb 2, 2019

otto2 , Feb 2, 2019 :
    Who is "We" ?

7. YRJ
    Lollipop Feb 2, 2019

YRJ , Feb 2, 2019 :
    On a serious note, @David Y. + everyone else.
    The number of people requesting this feature has increased dramatically.
    I do not have figures to support my argument but I have seen a considerable rise in people wanting this.

Don't get me wrong,

I know there is bloatware involved, it also will pollute the idea of a clean os and stuff. Neither am I overseeing the fact that there are a ton of apps present in the play Store.
    But now we are talking of community, I know the old users and active ones aren't quite vocal or a fan of this but new members aka cupcakes, are still a part of the community.
    The number of people who use the forums are just a fraction/minute Percentage of the OnePlus family.
    No matter how much we argue of the fact that there is no need of a OnePlus screen recorder, in the offline world (where OnePlus users are present) there are people who really need a recorder and they have a fancy for something that the company will provide.

I am nuteral in this scenario. Neither for nor against the idea.
    Just saying that when something is printed on the box "Created with the community" it should be meaningful. Give it a thought
    Just my 2 cents :)

mkernbach, ebproject and umartariq like this.
  8. G_Manthan_Patel_lOWu
    Eclair Feb 2, 2019

I know argument is not valid
    I use recording my day to day use on phone
    to better understand how I work & also how much I distracted in phone , what is reason for that
    examine to improve my day to day life

9. mikavo
    Cupcake Feb 3, 2019

mikavo , Feb 3, 2019 :
    If you want a good screen recorder, use the MNML screen recorder from the play store, it also has a quick options tile, so it works like it's built in like a native recorder.

10. Neddard
    Lollipop Feb 3, 2019

Neddard , Feb 3, 2019 :
    How would a screen recorder app help you with that goal?

What you want to accomplish is more aligned with an app like Google's Digital Health, which is limited, officially, to the Pixels and maybe some Android One devices. There is a thread around here somewhere where someone found a way to make it work on a OnePlus device, though. SEARCH might help you find it.

FlixbusLennart and xnutzii like this.
  11. Thakar harsh
    Cupcake Feb 4, 2019

12. Ali Muhammadx
    Gingerbread Feb 4, 2019

Ali Muhammadx , Feb 4, 2019 :
    i already submitted requested screen recoder with internal audio recorder to OnePlus development team & they have concerns on this so i am not sure they adding it or not but i want it because i play pubg & record it same time so i need to record internal audio & third-party apps not allowed record internal audio Samsung,Xiaomi,Huawei & Apple have it but in pie Huawei removed internal audio recording maybe all other Android phone manufacturer remove it.

Ganesh.25 likes this.
  13. FlixbusLennart
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Feb 4, 2019

FlixbusLennart , Feb 4, 2019 :
    You guys always market OnePlus with the gaming aspect. As phones become more and more powerful, it's easier to play and record intense games that look a lot like desktop or console titles.
    So why not share the joy, similar to what is done since years on console and PC...

Google don't allow for your internal sound to be recorded - competitors like Xiaomi and Samsung provide solutions. It's not that you could just install a 3rd party app to achieve that. Not to begin with screen ratio issues on the OnePlus 6, bugs when notch is hidden etc. An optimised, inbuilt screen recorder would solve this.

Ganesh.25 and David Y. like this.
  14. ngydat
    KitKat Feb 4, 2019

ngydat , Feb 4, 2019 :
    If you could use punctuation in your next messages, it would be nice.

15. Ali Muhammadx
    Gingerbread Feb 4, 2019

Ali Muhammadx , Feb 4, 2019 :
    sorry for mistake

16. rahul_kalidindi
    Froyo Feb 4, 2019

rahul_kalidindi , Feb 4, 2019 :
    Why would every one compare screen recording of Xiaomi to Oneplus software?

Do u guys also need ur privacy in gutters for software? Since Xiaomi is pushing all sorts of ads in it OS,do you want that too?

https://twitter.com/gizmoddict/status/1092321512529543168?s=19

Every manufacturer has its priorities set. Anyways, native screen recorder is coming in Android Q and Oneplus is one of the few manufacturers who will roll out very quick updates.

Please use 3rd party screen recorder till then!

G_Manthan_Patel_lOWu likes this.
  17. G_Manthan_Patel_lOWu
    Eclair Feb 4, 2019

G_Manthan_Patel_lOWu , Feb 4, 2019 :
    okay bro

18. FlixbusLennart
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Feb 4, 2019

FlixbusLennart , Feb 4, 2019 :
    What does a screen recorder have to do with privacy and ads in the OS?
    That's a more general issue with Xiaomi, nothing to do with h a specific feature.

Mridul.S likes this.
  19. rahul_kalidindi
    Froyo Feb 4, 2019

rahul_kalidindi , Feb 4, 2019 :
    Agreed!

I was mentioning the feature comparison of one OEM to other.

Mridul.S and FlixbusLennart like this.
  20. Rubel7114
    Donut Feb 5, 2019

Rubel7114 , Feb 5, 2019 :
    [Solution]
    I guess a built in recorder will be an awesome feature & now a days people like to use it more.

But it is true, it will also add bloat to the OS.

So i think the solution is, if OnePlus make a separate screen recording app and post it to Google play store then it will serve all purpose.
    OS remain bloat free & loyal OnePlus user will get their recorder.

Ali Muhammadx likes this.