[Submitted] Incoming MMS not working on Verizon

1. Gators
    Froyo Jun 12, 2020

Gators , via OnePlus 6T , Jun 12, 2020 :
    in a year and a half OnePlus has not been able to fix the problems with the 6T and Verizon. I continue to have problems with both calls and downloaded text messages. finally had enough and bought a pixel 3aXL. no missed texts no missed phone calls anymore. also the Bluetooth on the 6T isn't as good as on the 5 or 7. those are hearing aid compatible where the 6 is not. I went on some hearing aids sites and they listed the 5 and 7 as compatible.

2. MtnYaker
    Cupcake Jun 16, 2020

MtnYaker , Jun 16, 2020 :
    This happens every time I do an update... It's ridiculous. However, each time I go into the store and have them give me a new SIM card and it's fixed... There has to be some setting being over written with the updates. It's sux to have to do this, please fix. Especially now with Covid hours.

3. KeyserSoze22
    Cupcake Aug 26, 2020

KeyserSoze22 , Aug 26, 2020 :
    Finally found the fix/reason for this! (At least for me)

MMS Incoming fix on 6T on Verizon.
    Google Messages and Signal MMS confirmed working.

It has something to do with the SMSC not being configured correctly, which from what I read shouldn't mess with anything MMS which is APN related, but idk, apparently it does for some reason.

Obviously have CDMA-less and HD-Voice enabled. Working with WiFi and LTE separate and together.

Here's what finally worked for me and the steps I took.

You may have to restart and try the same thing over and over again, but that was because I was changing and confirming what did and didn't work. I got it working once, but then changed something else making it not work again. So now I knew it could be done!

***Remember to screenshot any settings before you change it, not everything has a default config***

This is my systematic repair:

1: Get some way to quickly test group MMS for any change you do during this. I installed Google Voice or just get another type of texting app that has MMS and can use a separate number than yours so you don't have to wait on someone sending an MMS to verify.

2: Set the OnePlus Messages app as Default app until after Step 8. Go to settings. Configure your Group MMS and your SMSC #s to just your phone number, i.e. 5554448888. No special characters or the +1#.

3: Reset APN settings to default. Restart Phone.

4: Go to Phone Info from the Phone dial pad. Paste *#*#4636#*#* or *#*#INFO#*#* in the dialer pad. Here scroll to the bottom of the page. Refresh the SMSC and confirm that the SMSC # reads like this with the quotes but with your #: "5554448888",129 Then Update when it's right. The last numbers after the comma may be different depending on your settings when you update it DO NOT PUT THE +1# ANYWHERE.

5: Click the Trigger Carrier Provisioning button above the SMSC #. (I don't actually know if this does anything or not but I've been doing it)

6: Check again that Steps 2 & 4 are still how you set them and do Step 5 after checking.

7: Restart Phone.

8: APN settings should now be greyed out and that's when it should be working. Idk if it's immediate or I had to wait for them to be greyed out but after the restart they were.

9: Change from OnePlus Messages app to Google Messages or other MMS app. Test and wait, With the Google Voice MMS test it was taking a few extra seconds to send and receive doing some work in the background or something. You may need to repeat these steps a few times but it's something around the SMSC # and it becoming misconfigured.

Anyways, I hope this helps someone as I didn't have to get a new SIM Card for this to work and My MMS is finally working now.

Updating my post to make it a bit more clear. This solution has worked for me in getting Google Messages and Signal MMS which are confirmed working on my end. The OnePlus Messages app only needs to be set Default because it has the ability to change the SMSC #. It probably fixes most all MMS in Messaging apps.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020

4. Goldbondx
    Eclair Sep 20, 2020

Goldbondx , Sep 20, 2020 :
    1 + 8 and 1 + 7 pro continue to have issues with MMS and group chats on VZ. This needs to be solved and should be a P1

5. Whitewing
    Cupcake Sep 27, 2020

Whitewing , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Sep 27, 2020 :
    so after 2 1+ 8 pro, 2 SIM cards and 2 weeks of troubleshooting with Verizon I finally got MMS to work. It just took calling Verizon's tier 2 tech support and him resetting my network on their end. He did it once he figured out I couldn't send an MMS to myself. Just as an FYI to everyone that's been having issues

6. coryjstumpf
    Donut Sep 29, 2020

coryjstumpf , Sep 29, 2020 :
    This is my exact issue. Have you figured out a fix?

7. me6a7ron
    Eclair Oct 31, 2020

me6a7ron , via OnePlus 7T , Oct 31, 2020 :
    Hopefully, Verizon and/or OnePlus figures this out. What a shame because I really like OxygenOS, Warp Charging and their phone builds. Having to use Verizon Message+ is deal breaker for me though. I'm going with the Pixel 5 to remedy that. I'll check back next year.

8. A Certain Railgun
    Cupcake Nov 7, 2020

A Certain Railgun , Nov 7, 2020 :
    My 7 Pro has never had any issues until I flashed LineageOS 17.1 to it and now I can't receive MMS, but I can send them and I can send SMS. 😐

9. The_Chappy
    Donut Nov 16, 2020