Increasing productivity for work with the OnePlus 8 Series

1. KnightofScorpio
    US Brand Ambassador Jun 4, 2020

Artemus. and Helder_DAlmeida like this.
  2. KnightofScorpio

KnightofScorpio , via OnePlus 8 , Jun 4, 2020 :
    Same, love them.

I've always preferred Telegram over WhatsApp. I've always shouted from the roof tops how great it is, and now the company has grown and gained so much popularity. I'm uber proud of them.

So many great features. Just got a new close friend to use it weeks ago, and now we use it all the time for personal and professional purposes. @nirajbhusal

Artemus. and Helder_DAlmeida like this.
  3. KnightofScorpio

Thanks! @keithnyc

Alarmy is so incredible. I'm astounded at how helpful it is with all the clever features they've added.

If they haven't already, they need an award for this.

Google Keep has been a lifesaver. A decade in use, and thousands of notes of many ideas, knowledge, and more. I never have to worry about whenever I lose a laptop, upgrade, change phones that my notes are lost. Had a buddy with an iPhone who is a writer lose all their important notes forever with an update. Thankfully, I've never had that issue. I recommended them to use Google Keep moving forward, and they made the switch.

Artemus. and keithnyc like this.
  4. KnightofScorpio

That I'm not sure of because it's based on preferences. We all have what works best for us. So, tell us what you need and works best for you, and hopefully others in the community, and maybe I myself can find something that works best for you.

@the_reckoner

Artemus. likes this.
  5. KnightofScorpio

Thanks @Nelsonjayaraj14

Hopefully sales will open up so you can have a chance to buy the OnePlus 8 again. It's an amazing device, and it's beautiful.

Artemus. and controlcrazy like this.
  6. KnightofScorpio

True. That's why for one I recommended Telegram since it's so secure. @Swatiranjan

Artemus. and Swatiranjan like this.
  7. controlcrazy
    Gingerbread Jun 4, 2020

controlcrazy , via OnePlus 5 , Jun 4, 2020 :
    No Bro couldn't get chance to buy, it was selling like hot cakes

8. the_reckoner
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 5, 2020

the_reckoner , Jun 5, 2020 :
    Thanks for your reply! One change which would really help with regard to widgets is to split up the screen more granularly in the OnePlus Launcher. A 5 or 3 coloumn breakup of the screen doesn't allow placing of 2 widgets side to side for say an Eisenhower Matrix. The launcher also provides far too much padding between rows and coloumns which disallows placing many widgets "at a glance". Please also provide an option of removing icons from widget pages which gives more screen space for widgets.

Another productivity gain would be to allow apps to stack from the bottom in the app drawer allowing for quicker access. The latest feature of a half swipe up to access the quick search is a godsend especially when one has 100+ apps on the phone. Scrolling multiple times is simply not an option and there ought to be an easier way to get to a desired app with less clicks and taps. Folder options in the app drawer is one way, but they get randomly dispersed in the list of applications making even an addition of a single new app mess up the muscle memory of remembering where an app is in the app drawer.

Thanks for reading! Your previous replies give me hope that these issues will at least be heard :blush:

KnightofScorpio likes this.
  9. Naishavshah
    Cupcake Jun 5, 2020

KnightofScorpio likes this.
  10. KnightofScorpio
    US Brand Ambassador Jun 6, 2020

KnightofScorpio , via OnePlus 8 , Jun 6, 2020 :
    You're welcome. I'm going to pass this along to the team @the_reckoner.

Artemus. and the_reckoner like this.
  11. CayucosMan
    Eclair Jun 8, 2020

CayucosMan , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 8, 2020 :
    I use Keep to store art and title ideas for my art works.

An app that I find useful is Out of Milk. It is a shopping list app. I have separate shopping lists for art supplies as well as groceries and even a baking items list and also a list for gifts such as Christmas gifts for family.

12. CayucosMan
    Eclair Jun 8, 2020

13. Persnlmgr
    Cupcake Jun 11, 2020

Persnlmgr , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 11, 2020 :
    Lots of great info, thanks! 2nd week as a OnePlus 8 Pro owner, after 10 years with Samsung, and I couldn't be happier, the phone, support, and company are all fantastic and the Community is terrific. So glad I switched.