India Needs You. Let's come together in support

1. Drasm19
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 30, 2021

Drasm19 , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 30, 2021 :
    The condition in the hospitals of India, especially in the capital New Delhi is gut wrenching.

I've never seen humanity at its lowest, I guess the last few days made me appreciate life even more.

Medical system in India was always fragmented, but people living here are so used to marinating in mediocrity that it didn't bother anyone.

I hear people telling me that medical system in India has collapsed under the weight of this pandemic, the truth is that it was always broken and on life support, the pandemic simply exposed it's rotten core.

No amount of donations or wishful thinking can fix it, unless they decide that corruption should be dealt with full severity of the law or atleast kept away from the pillars of a society such as healthcare system and infrastructure.

Greed- in its ugliest avatar was visible everywhere, from bootleggers selling oxygen cylinders and life saving drugs like Remdesivir at otherworldly prices in black markets to ambulance drivers charging close to 200$ for a four kilometre drive.

Idiotic mobs thrashing doctors and healthcare workers, when the real people who should be thrashed are safely tucked away in their palaces surrounded by security guards.

Massive rallies and festivals being promoted by politicians who don't have to worry about the plight of the common man.

The rich/celebrities have flown away to safer destinations or secured themselves in bio-bubbles inside their mansions, while the poorest of poor are left to die in the streets like vermin.

Donate all you want, it will never reach the needy, there are vultures sitting at every corner waiting to devour anything that crosses their path.

I left a high paying job in Europe to help my country during the pandemic, but the more I saw, the more I realised that this was inevitable.

Even back in February 2021, I was pleading my patients to wear masks, to maintain proper social distancing and not to be swayed by suger-coated lies spread by these cunning politicians.

"But, xxxx politician says that we have defeated the pandemic."

"There's no need for everyone to wear masks, I have been vaccinated, if you don't let me in, I will file a complaint against you with your superiors."

"You doctors say these things to scare people, we know the truth"

I wish I were making up all this, but all this happened weeks before the second wave got worse.

People were themselves begging for this catastrophe, even educated folks were indifferent to our pleas to not let the guard down.

There were five official complaints against me in one month, simply for not entertaining Covidiots who couldn't care less about a potential second wave.

I don't regret coming back here, I would do the same even if I'm given a 100 more chances, but in the end, it's futile.
    No civilization fuelled by greed, incompetence and stupidity can withstand a major watershed moment in history.

Those who should lead the nation are being silenced by those who cling on to power like leeches.
    These ruling incompetent baboons should be locked up in the deepest depths of a mental asylum.

Last edited: May 1, 2021

2. RaraBunny
    Froyo Apr 30, 2021

RaraBunny , Apr 30, 2021 :
    Going by the recent trends, this will be deleted soon.

We should all donate, anything is better than nothing. It's true that considering India's scale anything looks like a drop in a ocean.
    As for corruption, it's more or less the same everywhere. It only comes to notice when something this big (pandemic) happens.

3. Vinay Raghvani
    Gingerbread Apr 30, 2021

4. eastbay
    Lollipop Apr 30, 2021

eastbay , via OnePlus 8T T-Mobile , Apr 30, 2021 :
    Just made my donation to my India Friends and there country 🙏🏻 every bit helps!! 👊🏻🙏🏻 sending prayers,God Bless everyone..🙏🏻 your friend eastbay Tony..... USA 🇺🇸 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Last edited: May 2, 2021

5. Dlappas
    Gingerbread Apr 30, 2021

6. loganxcvi
    Donut May 1, 2021

loganxcvi , via OnePlus Nord , May 1, 2021 :
    Thank you, Pete, and all the people around the world who are putting their efforts into helping India. We will fight this pandemic, together. Stay safe everybody.

7. YSRReddy
    Honeycomb May 1, 2021

8. Sumanthkumar_10
    Gingerbread May 1, 2021

9. palc
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 1, 2021

11. DarshanMeniya
    Jelly Bean May 1, 2021

Stickied Post

iamyajat, SRD., Dhruv Kashyap and 8 others like this.
  12. Ranjit2206
    Honeycomb May 1, 2021

13. Krunalsinh92
    Eclair May 1, 2021

eastbay and Bouncer71 like this.
  14. Dr_Mridul
    Gingerbread May 1, 2021

15. Gabe_M
    Froyo May 1, 2021

16. Stickied Post

Crystal Z., SRD., OALEXANDER and 9 others like this.
  17. Dmitrymishin
    Cupcake May 1, 2021

eastbay likes this.
  18. AdrianoS USA
    Gingerbread May 1, 2021

19. Sayyad Bilal
    Gingerbread May 1, 2021

Bouncer71 and eastbay like this.