[India] The Lab — OnePlus TV U1S Edition

1. Daniel D.
    Community Team Staff Member May 28, 2021

Daniel D. , May 28, 2021 :
    Community Banner.png
    Hey friends,

Are you excited about the upcoming OnePlus TV U1S launch? Well, you might have to wait less than you expected. The Lab is back, and this is the first time we are doing a non-phone edition. We welcome you, our beloved and talented community users, to join the Lab, and be the first to go hands-on with the product before anyone else has the chance.

However, since the OnePlus TV U1S is only available in the Indian market, The Lab - OnePlus TV U1S Edition will only be open to those residing in India.

If you are a tech enthusiast who has profound knowledge and passion for SmartTV and wants the world to hear your voice, please show us your excellent and unbiased SmartTV reviewing skills

What's the process?
    • May 28 – Open for Application
    • May 28 - Jun 6 – Community reviews your application
    • Jun 6 – Application Closes
    • Jun 7 – Announcement of Lab Reviewers
    • Jun 8 – Ship out TV devices
    • Jun 10 – Unboxing
    • Jun 10 onwards – The Lab Review commences

When can you apply?
    From now until June 6, 23:59 HKT GMT+8

How can you apply?
    Please submit your applications via Forms here. Please share links to photos/videos in the application. Do remember that the links must be accessible by us.
    Send your applications in and stand a chance to be one of our OnePlus TV U1S reviewers!

Applications Closed
    FAQ
    • Q: Who is eligible?
      A: All users residing in India will be eligible for our program. However, users who have already participated in the U1S Beta Test cannot participate.
    • Q: What criteria will OnePlus use when selecting the winners?
    • A: We will review your entry based on written and photography skills, previous Smart TV Usage experience, previous reviews, blogging, or other similar content that shows your writing skills to judge whether you’re a qualified reviewer.
    • Q: How many devices have you prepared for the Lab?
      A: We have 3 devices prepared for the Lab.
    • Q: When will you ship out the review devices?
      A: Reviewers will receive devices around the official launch event.
    • Q: For how long do reviewers get to create their review thread after receiving the device?
      A: We allow approximately 7 days for reviewers to prepare a review and we require reviewers to share a second long-term review thread after using the device for one month.
    • Q: Will reviewers be able to keep the devices?
      A: If the reviews have been completed properly and on time, yes.
    • Q: Are Lab reviewers allowed to write critical reviews of the products they received?
      A: Our top priority is to receive honest feedback, so we can better improve our products. We’re committed to publishing our users’ feedback with zero censorship or influence, whether it’s positive or critical.

2. Daniel D.
    Community Team Staff Member Jun 3, 2021

Stickied Post
    Daniel D. , Jun 3, 2021 :
    Hello Guys, we are nearing the closing of our application (June 6th), send in your entry if you have not done so.

As I was sorting out the applications, I noticed that on Question 18: "Please attach a link to access pictures/videos of your TV, showcasing its best features." Some of the entries had a restricted link, and we could not access these photos/videos. I updated the question on Forms, and we will reach out to users that entered a restricted link.

Reach out to me upon further questions or concerns.
    Cheers.
    D.

3. Daniel D.
    Community Team Staff Member Jun 8, 2021

Stickied Post
    Daniel D. , Jun 8, 2021 :
    Hi friends,

Thanks to everyone for their participation in The Lab — OnePlus TV U1S Edition. By June 6th, we had received 541 applications ( The application was a challenging one; averaging at about 25mins per entry, props to every candidate). Even though it was our very first non-phone segment of The Lab, we are happy to see many outstanding entries vying for a spot. It is the enthusiasm and talent that lives in our Community that makes The Lab so remarkable and special!

Also a special thanks to our beloved mods, TV expert @Venky61, Writers' Club, and Community Ambassadors. With their support we have finally picked the top 3 entries to join the reviewer squad for The Lab — OnePlus TV U1S Edition:
    @PhotoPicker
    @gautamthapar
    @Navdeep_Malik

Congratulations! We cannot wait to experience Smart Televisions from the lenses of the reviewer squad. The reviewers will receive different variants of the OnePlus TV U1S so that we have more diversity in our product reviews.

4. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 May 28, 2021

5. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert May 28, 2021

6. McJader
    Marshmallow May 28, 2021

McJader , May 28, 2021 :
    Very interesting....will consider applying;)

7. Dhruv Kashyap
    Jelly Bean May 28, 2021

Dhruv Kashyap , May 28, 2021 :
    That's an amazing start! Thanks for expanding Lab Program to this category :D
    All the best to the applicants :D

8. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat May 28, 2021

9. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert May 28, 2021

Venky61 , May 28, 2021 :
    This is amazing @Daniel D.
    Bringing LAB tradition to the TV segment. It isn't easy to review the TV covering all segments, gonna be a tough task. Fingers crossed. All the best to everyone. Jumping off to apply 😁
    So you have made up mind buying without knowing specs 🤔

Last edited: May 28, 2021

10. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat May 28, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , May 28, 2021 :
    Me? I don't have the need for a TV in my house currently...and I have never applied for any LAB...it requires patience and time - I don't have any lol, will apply when I have both 😁
    :rolleyes:
    Best of luck Venky!

chakri202003, Caomhin, hennes and 9 others like this.
  11. kushal__12
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 28, 2021

12. Optimus_Prime_07

13. Khushii21

14. Q1613407152280
    Donut May 28, 2021

15. SRD.
    Lollipop May 28, 2021

16. Q1613407152280
    Donut May 28, 2021

17. onshreyas
    Honeycomb May 28, 2021

18. Girish.Pranav
    Jelly Bean May 28, 2021

19. hbk1402
    Jelly Bean May 28, 2021

hbk1402 , May 28, 2021 :
    Excellent initiative, all the best to all the lucky ones to be selected...

20. ShreyasPatil_
    Jelly Bean May 28, 2021

ShreyasPatil_ , May 28, 2021 :
    Finally Something new is happening. Pretty excited for the lab review of TV.

21. L1580916289840
    Cupcake May 28, 2021