Information: Oneplus 2 improvisation

1. ravismiles4u
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 1, 2015

ravismiles4u , Sep 1, 2015 :
    Dear,

I searched the forums for this information. Do Oneplus team keeps on improvising/fixing the hardware defects for the Oneplus 2 for later batches of phone or just release the same kind of phones whatever it has to?

Please let me know....

Thanks

2. #HYPEorGTFO
    KitKat Sep 1, 2015

#HYPEorGTFO , Sep 1, 2015 :
    They aren't going to admit either(yet) maybe after a bunch of complaints they say they "fixed" something

1. "We released crap devices but the ones later will be better, so f you first buyers"

2. "We kept sending out the same defective crap as we started with, so f you future buyers"

ravismiles4u, nexus123 and Jamay18 like this.
  3. ravismiles4u

You are right, either of them is not good for a company! but will it be better to buy later than the first batch?

4. p51d007
    KitKat Sep 1, 2015

p51d007 , Sep 1, 2015 :
    I'm of the opinion that OnePlus, is nothing but a paper company, that is the "beta" tester for Oppo. You see, Oppo, will be releasing their phone, the Find9 soon. As with the OnePlus One, Oppo had the Find7. OnePlus, "released" the One, before the Find7, and, has released the Two, before the Find9. To keep the high end Find series by Oppo, from having any bugs, they release a cheaper version of the Find series, put it out in the world calling it the OnePlus. Waiting for feedback, they tweak the design, hardware, software, and when it is pretty stable, they put in a few missing features, slap a different case and higher price and sell it as the Oppo Find9. So, if you are an early adopter, you are "testing" it for Oppo.

[​IMG]

Adthr33, ravismiles4u and #HYPEorGTFO like this.
  5. #HYPEorGTFO
    KitKat Sep 1, 2015

#HYPEorGTFO , Sep 1, 2015 :
    I hate the huge "oppo" logo they plaster on their devices. They do seem a little higher end though I've never had one so can't say

@ravismiles4u I don't think when matters, unless its a huge issue that has to be fixed

ravismiles4u and p51d007 like this.
  6. #HYPEorGTFO
    KitKat Sep 1, 2015

7. nexus123
    Jelly Bean Sep 1, 2015

nexus123 , Sep 1, 2015 :
    3 " We acknowledge that 50% of the products we make will have defects. But hay, who doesn't like gambling ".

ravismiles4u and #HYPEorGTFO like this.
  8. MOP2 X
    Froyo Sep 1, 2015

MOP2 X , Sep 1, 2015 :
    who the hell is Oppo. your analysis seems right this invite system and hype does not look right to me...even a small vendor who had good sales in previous year and good predictions in future will comeup with better Idea and solution..

ravismiles4u likes this.
  9. smaug42
    Jelly Bean Sep 1, 2015

smaug42 , Sep 1, 2015 :
    Ummmm... no. I had a Find 7a (the Find 7 model that is virtually identical to the OnePlus One) a few months before the OnePlus One landed in my mailbox. I was an early purchaser of OPO... receiving my first OPO phone in July 2014. The OPO was NOT released before the Find7a at all :p

By the way, I still have my Find 7a. It's running on the latest ColorOS 2, and it's very nice. :)

ravismiles4u likes this.
  10. baulee56

11. vici0us

ravismiles4u likes this.
  12. muntajeebali
    Honeycomb Sep 1, 2015

ravismiles4u likes this.
  13. ravismiles4u

What is the price for OPPO 7 when you bought?

14. Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Moderator Moderator Sep 1, 2015

15. smaug42
    Jelly Bean Sep 1, 2015

smaug42 , Sep 1, 2015 :
    It was 399 Euro shipped, no hassle, no invite, and EXCELLENT customer service and communication. The phone has been rock-solid since day one. Only one complaint I had with it was the split partition - they fixed that with the move to ColorOS 2.

My OnePlus was 330 Euro shipped. The OPO was cheaper by 69 Euro, but I've had to deal with failed hardware on the OPO, and the shockingly awful OnePlus Customer Support (there really are no words to describe how bad OP CS is) to get a replacement phone. The first OPO was shipped at the end of July 2014 and failed before the end of August 2014. The 69 Euro savings was not worth it.

16. ravismiles4u

Thanks dude! based on your info, it's better buy a phone where you have good after sale support.
    I feel Apple is the best support ... after that I never had approach any support, till date.

17. smaug42
    Jelly Bean Sep 1, 2015

smaug42 , Sep 1, 2015 :
    By going Apple, you end up with devices that have zero individuality, zero configurability, zero personality, zero everything. They are entirely a phone that is released on the concept of "Do it our way because we know what's right for you".

Apple also make you pay a MASSIVE premium for hardware that is considerably inferior to anything OPO or others have available.

I grumble about OnePlus because there are WAY too many fanbois here who make excuses for incompetence and stupidity. Given a choice... if someone was offering me a free iPhone 6 or a OP2... it'd be the OP2 every time (unless I could sell the free iPhone 6 and use the cash to buy 3 or 4 OnePlus phones).

ravismiles4u likes this.
  18. ravismiles4u

you are 100% true! I was the true fan of Apple 3 years back but now I'm just apple seller from my re-contract.
    I feel OP2 is good but this invite system (Waiting for a phone months and months) and customer care is dragging out me from the interest to buy!

I feel like to buy new Nexus 5, but it hasn't released yet... :(

I lost the LCD digitizer of my current phone .. where it costs 140$ which I don't want to spend. :(

19. smaug42
    Jelly Bean Sep 1, 2015

smaug42 , Sep 1, 2015 :
    So.. if you want a OnePlus, buy the OnePlus One. There isn't a huge difference between the One and the Two. You can get the One for cheap without an invite. As long as you don't require Customer Support... :p Buyer beware on the Customer Service though. Oiy, it's bad.

ravismiles4u likes this.
  20. ravismiles4u

Frankly speaking, I like Oneplus2's Fingerprint, dual sim which I'm really waiting for. Only drawback is to get an invite... and my position keeps on increasing.. now it's 42003..??

when will I get an invite?? :(:rolleyes: