Inital Oppo Find 7a Issues

1. ZildjianUK
    Honeycomb May 7, 2014

ZildjianUK , May 7, 2014 :
    Hi everyone. Have done a quick search but found nothing..

So we know that the 1+ is being made in Oppo's factory - which is why I think issues being reported with the 7a are somewhat important to potential 1+ buyers - Obviously there are initial problems with many devices upon release, maybe 1+ will implement better quality control somehow...

I won't post a direct link to Oppo's forums as i'm not sure if it's allowed. There are more issues than I list below but feel free to look them up yourselves.

1. High battery drain
    2. Yellow tint at the bottom part of the screen
    3. Touch sensitivity
    4. Rattling Volume/Power buttons

- Z

Youngviet likes this.
  2. neu
    Honeycomb May 7, 2014

neu , May 7, 2014 :
    Ugh, it's a shame that such quality phones can come with defects. But im not expecting perfection, just excellence.
    As long as the above mentioned problems are not a norm, I'm fine.
    I know that the yellow tint had to do with the adhesive used to glue on the screen. It can sometimes go away by itself.

Youngviet likes this.
  3. Muckpuck
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 7, 2014

Muckpuck , May 7, 2014 :
    While the OnePlus and the Oppo Find 7 are "relatives", there are some key differences between them:

1. OnePlus has a different battery as the Find 7. Also different "OS" (Color OS vs CyanogenMod).
    2. They don't have the same screen. Find 7 has a RGB screen, while the OPO has a WRGB screen.
    3. OnePlus has the touchscreen integrated with the screen. So it could be a different kind of digitizer (but I'm not sure)
    4. No tech reviewer has mentioned anything negative with the OnePlus's build quality. Only good things, so I think the OnePlus team has this covered as well.

Madement, teqnix, ZildjianUK and 2 others like this.
  4. wtfhsf
    KitKat May 7, 2014

wtfhsf , May 7, 2014 :
    The only "negative" things I'v heard from reviews so far are features that the OPO doesn't have compared to other phones. Other than that it sounds like no one has anything to complain about it.

Soundmouse likes this.
  5. Soundmouse
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 7, 2014

Soundmouse , May 7, 2014 :
    That's pretty much it but we should maybe wait for in depht review of final units, fingers crossed it'll be better than the find 7a!

6. ZildjianUK
    Honeycomb May 7, 2014

ZildjianUK , May 7, 2014 :
    Yeah I realise the phones are not identical, was more the fact that they are being manufacted in the same facility. Let's all keep our fingers crossed! Seems a shame that the Find 7a is having quite a few problems (other than mentioned above) - was initially going to buy it before the 1+ reveal. I can't imagine the pain of waiting this long for the 1+ for it to turn up with a dead pixel or something worse..

7. Youngviet
    Jelly Bean Jun 5, 2014

Youngviet , Jun 5, 2014 :
    ADJUST THE YELLOW TINT ONEPLUS :(

8. maxdmax
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 5, 2014

Youngviet likes this.
  9. Kadmin
    Froyo Jun 5, 2014

Kadmin , Jun 5, 2014 :
    The first phone from any manufacturer is going to have some unexpected issues. I accept that and cannot wait to try the OPO.

Youngviet likes this.
  10. Youngviet
    Jelly Bean Jun 5, 2014

Youngviet , Jun 5, 2014 :
    Not sure if i am picky, but the yellow tint should be a problem that is addressed and fixed.

11. tejask
    Gingerbread Jun 5, 2014

Youngviet likes this.
  12. tantai888
    Gingerbread Jun 5, 2014

13. cmd1990
    Froyo Jun 5, 2014

14. JAIGON
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 5, 2014

JAIGON , Jun 5, 2014 :
    And it´s worth mentioning that the Find 7 does not have the same button placement as the OPO, neither the same buttons

15. minimalraver
    Eclair Jun 5, 2014