Instagram aspect ratio

1. AlessandroGori
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2020

AlessandroGori , Sep 20, 2020 :
    hi guys,
    since I bought my OnePlus 7t I couldn't help but notice that whenever I post a Instagram story 2 major things happen:
    - the picture/video quality drops significantly
    - the aspect ratio of the phone is significantly different from the standard ones and Instagram crops the picture with all the text and GIFs in it when my story is seen from another phone.

what can I do to solve these problems? is there a modded version of the Instagram APK that resizes the app ratio so I can post things that other people can read and watch properly??
    I know these 2 problems have almost nothing to do with the brand of my phone but with the Instagram app itself, but I was trying to understand if there were any ways to fix these problems without waiting for an hotfix that is not even probably intended to happen.

have a nice day!

lore.gba likes this.
  2. Manveet
    Honeycomb Sep 20, 2020

Manveet , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Sep 20, 2020 :
    Sadly you can't do anything about it.

- the video quality drops because of compression instagram does while uploading. It happens less on IPhone compared to android phones, since the app is perfectly optimized for the device. But its nearly impossible for instagram to optimize for each and every android phone.

-most android phones ship with weird aspect ratios these days to compensate higher screen to body ratio. 20:9, 19:9 and so on. And standard content is produced on 16:9 or 1:1 ratio. The same thing when you have to skew your videos on youtube as well. And I don't think instagram is going to alter it for each and every phone.

AlessandroGori likes this.