[Answered] Instagram camera not working on NORD

1. G_sahil_kudalkar_ZUgP
    Cupcake Aug 13, 2020

G_sahil_kudalkar_ZUgP , Aug 13, 2020 :
    when I try to upload a story on Instagram and open the Instagram camera it opens and when I record and stop recording I get the below message saying * sorry something went wrong please try again* this is not the only issue I have had with Instagram but I also could not login to Instagram . I got a message saying an unknown network error . I hope this bug is fixed as soon as possible .

2. Ghazala.Yasmeen
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Aug 13, 2020

Ghazala.Yasmeen , Aug 13, 2020 :
    We have made a note of this and our developer team is currently working on this. We will keep you posted regarding the further updates. We appreciate your support and patience in this regard.

Regards,
    Ghazala

3. annairravb
    Cupcake Aug 14, 2020

annairravb , Aug 14, 2020 :
    Hello, I am also experiencing the same issue with OnePlus 8 when it comes to posting an IG (video) story.

G_sahil_kudalkar_ZUgP likes this.
  4. G_sahil_kudalkar_ZUgP , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 14, 2020 :
    if you find any solution please let me know. I am waiting for an oxygen and Instagram update as of now . I tried everything including force stop clear cache reinstalled Instagram but nothing has worked so far .

annairravb likes this.
  5. annairravb
    Cupcake Aug 14, 2020

annairravb , Aug 14, 2020 :
    Yeah, same here, I've tried basically everything even temporarily deactivating my account. The annoying error would still occur :/ I guess we should wait for the Oxygen 11, hopefully they'd fix the bug

G_sahil_kudalkar_ZUgP likes this.
  6. annairravb
    Cupcake Aug 16, 2020

annairravb , Aug 16, 2020 :
    Lol, I raised this to your support team on Twitter and they just told me to clear cache/storage and reinstall the app 3-4 times until it works. I probably have done that more than 4 times, still encounters the error

7. G_sahil_kudalkar_ZUgP , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 16, 2020 :
    that sucks man . I just encountered another problem today while playing pubg on wifi I could not talk or listen to what other players were saying but over data I could heqr them and also talk to them . this is sick man . it's just been 9 days since I got this phone . I like the overall experience but these small glitches are extremely annoying . let me try reinstalling it again rn . will let you know what happens .

8. G_sahil_kudalkar_ZUgP , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 16, 2020 :
    so I basically got an update few hours back I updated my os and then I uninstalled Instagram and installed it again . now it's working. I hope this works all the time

10. annairravb
    Cupcake Aug 17, 2020

annairravb , Aug 17, 2020 :
    What's your OS? I rebooted my phone and wiped my data, reinstalled instagram, and it was working perfectly fine again.... until at this very moment 🙄 I was trying to take an IG video story and the error occured again.

11. G_sahil_kudalkar_ZUgP , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 17, 2020 :
    my os is 10.5.4 . try this . take multiple videos 10 to 15 times and see . ( on Instagram camera ) when the mic sign appears on the top saying Instagram is trying to use your microphone that's when it works for me . . let me know if it worked for you too . and now I have a new problem when I take a video on Instagram right side of my screen turns green for some reason

12. annairravb
    Cupcake Aug 17, 2020

annairravb , Aug 17, 2020 :
    I tried the steps you did. There was no mic icon, but there were times that it would work then after trying to take an IG video story again, the error appears... again. And yeah, I encountered as well in one of those successful videos I took that the right side of the screen turned green. I wasn't able to save it tho :/ I really hope they fix this on Oxygen 11. And likewise!! I just bought my phone like 3 weeks ago and now this issue suddenly happened. Someone from twitter's encountering the problem as well on his OnePlus phone

13. G_sahil_kudalkar_ZUgP , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 17, 2020 :
    the next time you see green screen take a screenshot of it and report it . I already did that . I am going to exchange this phone can't just wait for oxygen to update thinking the problem might be solved . it might it might not be solved . not that I post a lot of stories on Instagram but if I have paid the money I should have access to Instagram camera which is pretty basic .confused whether to return it and take money or exchange it and take the same phone . what if I get same problems the exchanged one ?

14. annairravb
    Cupcake Aug 18, 2020

annairravb , Aug 18, 2020 :
    I think you'd still more likely encounter the same problem even with a different phone if the bug is related to its OS. It seems like a known issue given that there are other OnePlus users who experience it as well.

15. G_sahil_kudalkar_ZUgP , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 18, 2020 :
    Instagram just got an update and that problem has gone as of now . everytime I take a video it's working .

annairravb likes this.
  16. annairravb
    Cupcake Aug 18, 2020

annairravb , Aug 18, 2020 :
    Omg it did!! That's nice :D

17. Ghazala.Yasmeen
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Aug 21, 2020

Ghazala.Yasmeen , Aug 21, 2020 :
    We have checked this with our Developer team and they informed that everything from our end is working as intended. We request you to update the app to the latest version and check if the issue is still replicating.

Regards,
    Ghazala

18. C1596530071037
    Cupcake Nov 11, 2020

19. C1596530071037
    Cupcake Nov 11, 2020

C1596530071037 , via OnePlus Nord , Nov 11, 2020 :
    No it's not. I bought my phone last week and everything is up to date. The bug is still there and apparently it's a major bug. The app crashes or hangs once we start taking videos on instagram.