Instagram stories issue on screen

1. GiorgioZambu19
    Cupcake May 28, 2018

GiorgioZambu19 , May 28, 2018 :
    Dear all,

usign my OnePlus 6 on default screen view, when I open an Instagram story, the screen re-adjust the view and sometimes it cut some image or words in the story.
    do you know a solution or it's a common issue??
    thanks

#NeverSettle

2. JayeshNikam
    Froyo May 28, 2018

JayeshNikam , May 28, 2018 :
    go to the Notch setting in Display and in that go to "app display in full-screen" in that choose Instagram and set is to default mode .By doing this Instagram will never use the Notch area.

3. AshishPrinz
    Honeycomb May 28, 2018

Prajwal GR likes this.
  4. JayeshNikam
    Froyo May 28, 2018

5. waltzur
    Cupcake May 28, 2018

waltzur , May 28, 2018 :
    I can confirm this issue. The difference of aspect ratio on phones (~16:9 - ~18:9) is the problem here.
    Due to this difference, when a story is posted from a 16:9 phone and opened on a 18:9 phone, Instagram will take the video/picture and fill the screen with it so there are no black edges anywhere. This excludes the sides of the video/picture.

On Snapchat this is a non-issue, since they have addressed this issue.

It is Instagrams job to fix this, not OnePlus.
    We should submit reports to Instagram, however my attempts have not succeeded.
    1527534819601.jpg

6. RiDEN
    Froyo Oct 9, 2018

7. Artemus.
    Nougat Oct 9, 2018

Artemus. , Oct 9, 2018 :
    Because Facebook is shit at optimizing their apps. ;)

eye842 likes this.
  8. Dr.Nick
    Cupcake Dec 16, 2018

Dr.Nick , Dec 16, 2018 :
    Anche sul mio 6t, sia su Instagram che su Facebook, i video sono sgranati, è un loro problema risolvibile o il problema è del mio op6t??

9. Deactivated User
    Dec 16, 2018

Dr.Nick likes this.
  10. Paresh Kalinani
    Eclair Feb 27, 2019

Paresh Kalinani , Feb 27, 2019 :
    The fix to this until Instagram goes ahead and supports different aspect ratios other than just 16:9 would be using this application : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sagar.screenshift2

Set Instagram to use the resolution as '1080 × 1920' in Per-App Profiles. Whenever you open Instagram, you'll see black borders on the top and bottom of the screen. But the stories won't be zoomed now - and you can ever post your photos/videos as stories in perfect size because the ratio has changed to 16:9 as per the resolution. [​IMG]

Note : You must use gestures and not a navigation bar with this resolution. Navigation bar would need some different resolution, '1080 × {something that considers the navigation bar too}. Do not set '1080 × 1920' as default resolution (of course you wouldn't but if you did, you'll be in trouble!).
    Also note : Sometimes, it doesn't work. Even if you come out of Instagram, it doesn't revert back to the previous resolution. Now that you're stuck in the application and due to no navigation bar and inaccessible gestures (because we need swipe from the bottom of the screen which is unusable in this new resolution), the only way to get out is swipe from the top to get the status bar, swipe down and again and go to settings from quick access. This should immediately change the resolution. If it doesn't, go ahead and turn on the navigation bar in settings. Press home on the navigation bar and you'll be back to the original resolution.
    And : If your phone is locked and you get an Instagram message, your resolution will again change to '1080 × 1920'.
    For OnePlus 6 Users : You could unlock it with your Fingerprint or Face Unlock but I guess if you got a PIN Lock, you won't be able to press '0' as it goes under the unusable area. Haven't tested it 'cause I have a 6T.
    For OnePlus 6T Users : If Face Unlock isn't set up, forget about unlocking using your fingerprint. Your fingerprint scanner would be in the unusable bottom area of the screen. Now if you got a PIN (unsure about other locks) and you have '0' in it, you won't be able to unlock using the PIN too, 'cause again, '0' is not touchable. In such a situation, tap 'EMERGENCY' on the screen. This will definitely change the resolution to default and your whole screen would be usable. Go back and you have your fingerprint scanner and the '0' key too.

I've got the heck of it, I post and watch Instagram Stories without problems now! [​IMG]

11. Chand1708
    Cupcake Jul 9, 2020

Chand1708 , Jul 9, 2020 :
    It's not only top.. over all the image gets trimmed...

12. L1573314461324
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2020 at 9:13 PM

L1573314461324 , Aug 2, 2020 at 9:13 PM :
    I have this same problem but instagram is not showing in "app display in full screen" in notch setting

Attached Files: