Guide Install Oxygen OS on your China version Oneplus Two

1. marcyeo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 21, 2015

marcyeo , Aug 21, 2015 :
    Really? Are u sure? From where u hot the news? How to enable updates then? :(

2. david123
    Gingerbread Aug 21, 2015

david123 , Aug 21, 2015 :
    I'm not sure but a 2001 model (Chinese version) and OnePlus update only 2003 and 2005. That is my opinion. I'll wait maybe I'm wrong :)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015

3. marcyeo

marcyeo , Aug 21, 2015 :
    it is just ur guessing or based on what bro?

4. Feelers
    Honeycomb Aug 21, 2015

5. david123
    Gingerbread Aug 21, 2015

david123 , Aug 21, 2015 :
    It is only guessing :)

Feelers likes this.
  6. marcyeo

marcyeo , Aug 21, 2015 :
    ic..i dont think so it will happen then bro..no worries :p

7. Vito B.
    Social Media FR & UK Staff Member Aug 25, 2015

Vito B. , Aug 25, 2015 :
    If I remember well, when I had my Chinese OPO installed with CM11s I was able to receive OTA update with no problem.
    Or at least when I change the Chinese recovery to TWRP or CWM.

So I think for the OP2 it's the same. If you do a clean install with OxygenOS you will not have any problems. At least I hope !

8. marcyeo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 28, 2015

marcyeo , Aug 28, 2015 :
    Yes.. Totally agree.. Applicable to both opo and op2

Vito B. likes this.
  9. OnePlusTwo_13
    Cupcake Aug 30, 2015

OnePlusTwo_13 , Aug 30, 2015 :
    If I factory reset my One Plus Two after flashing it from Hydrogen OS, will it go back to Hydrogen?

10. malidan
    Nougat Aug 30, 2015

malidan , Aug 30, 2015 :
    Really wow, in my brief look at Hydrogen I rather thought it was better than Oxygen.
    A comparison review of the 2 would be rather cool.
    I did read on the Chinese's forum there were issues with Hydrogen.

11. marcyeo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 31, 2015

marcyeo , Aug 31, 2015 :
    nope, it wont mate :)

12. marcyeo

marcyeo , Aug 31, 2015 :
    hydrogen was a refresh looking rom and ui but not for long before i switch back to oxygen

13. SimonFullerImagery
    Jelly Bean Aug 31, 2015

SimonFullerImagery , Aug 31, 2015 :
    Mine wouldn't update properly until I reflashed the entire full rom with twrp. Chinese units that come preflashed with oxygen have update issues. Better to do over by yourself then you're golden.

14. pixelim
    Froyo Aug 31, 2015

pixelim , Aug 31, 2015 :
    The LTE bands support is by firmware right? no chance to activate by software, right?

15. marcyeo

marcyeo , Aug 31, 2015 :
    it is supported by hardware mate..regardless of what rom u are using :)

16. pixelim
    Froyo Aug 31, 2015

17. zcamine
    Cupcake Sep 2, 2015

zcamine , Sep 2, 2015 :
    Hi guys,

I guess I have the worst issue ever posted about Oneplus 2 :D

I just received my op2. I installed, transferred my data from my op1 to op2, so everything looks nice and neat and of course made my friends jealous about my awesome phone :D

BUT when it shows me that I have to update my OS, it says that my phone will be rebooted, so confirmed but when it turned on, it shows me a Chinese menu, I have no idea what the hell it this so i took pictures with other phone. click the link below.

1st picture: a blue page says Teamwin it goes very fast to the second picture so i tried my best to catch it.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByChZVrO592zMWtLSWY0bjBLeGs/view?usp=sharing

2nd picture: it shows me an arrow to slide it and then it shows the 3rd picture.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByChZVrO592zY3IxZjdLWjFIdFU/view?usp=sharing

3rd picture: the weird chinese menu
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByChZVrO592zNVpiQkg1WnY5SlU/view?usp=sharing

4th picture: now the phone won't even turn on it got stuck in this step. or i should power on + volume down and takes me to the 3 1st steps again and again .....
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByChZVrO592zYnV1eHRPajc1aWc/view?usp=sharing

BTW my evil mind told me to click on those Chinese buttons maybe it will show me some english, but nothing .... i hope i didn't erase some important things that won't make the fixing easy.

your help is much appreciated.

18. Vito B.
    Social Media FR & UK Staff Member Sep 4, 2015

Vito B. , Sep 4, 2015 :
    worked fine on mine !
    I bought the OP2 and it was already installed with OxygenOS ... And Chinese bloatware ! So I decided to try this method with OxygenOS 2.0.0 and it worked like a charm.

Also, I can confirm that OTA have no problem to be installed. 2.0.1 and just after 2.0.2 were updated fine !

Thanks for the job ;-)

19. zcamine
    Cupcake Sep 5, 2015

zcamine , Sep 5, 2015 :
    please guys give me a hand here
    i've uploaded a video to show what i have ended up with,

the Chinese menu anymore. whatever buttons I push,
    power + volume down = nothing
    power + volume up = fastboot mode

20. gjdass
    Honeycomb Sep 7, 2015

gjdass , Sep 7, 2015 :
    Hello !

I just received mine on Saturday. It was exactly the same. I 1st boot op2, and i already got OxygenOS 2.0, but with some bloatwares and shit. I searched a bit on the internet and i found several identical threads explaining how to just put a ZIP on the phone and do recovery.

So i took the ZIP from here : https://oneplus.net/support/answer/how-can-i-download-oxygen-os

I rebooted in recovery, and selected my ZIP : Installation failed. And yes, it was the good ZIP (i tested with the main ZIP and the ZIP inside the first ZIP, was the same error).

So i started to freak out. I'm new to recovery/root/fasboot stuff. So i decided to "root" my OP2, thinking it was because i wasn't root or something. But how the chinese guy put me bloatware if he was not root on my phone ? (I should have thought about that earlier btw). I did the TWRP stuff, and at the 3rd step (SuperSU ZIP installation), i got again the "Installation failed".

I was pretty desperate ... When i finally got an other Oxygen OS ZIP (OTA-full build 2.0), and it worked. SO for now, it's clean and i got 2.0.2 OTA without problem.

So my question is : if i recover the phone (just reinstalling Android from the Settings menu), will i get the Chinese shit version again ? Does that version is still somewhere on my phone ?

Second question : what exactly did i do on my OP2 ? I can't understand why SuperSU didn't want to install. Was it already done by chinese pirates who just installed me shit before i got the phone ? Am i root on my phone ? What were exactly the 3 steps to root it, and is it a bad thing to do the 2 first steps and fail at the SuperSU step ?
    Should i do something ?

I'm sorry guys that's a lot of questions but i'm new so i'm asking :) (I'm coming from iOS world with very locked OS and shit so i'm not very comfortable with customization yet).

Thanks ;)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015