Guide Install Oxygen OS on your China version Oneplus Two

1. Vito B.
    Social Media FR & UK Staff Member Sep 7, 2015

Vito B. , Sep 7, 2015 :
    Did you do a full wipe ? Because if you don't it may solve your problem ;-)

Like really !

2. gjdass
    Honeycomb Sep 7, 2015

gjdass , Sep 7, 2015 :
    Thx for the answer.

Yeah i actually did a full wipe before trying to install the clean ROM.

But like i said, my problem is "solved", i have a clean OxygenOS now, but i really want to understand why it worked with the Oxygen ROM i found on these forums (an OTA-full a guy just picked up and released) but not with the official ROM from the official website of OP ? And all the manipulations i've made on the phone (explained on previous message), and if i do recovery now will it be Chinese shit again or the good Oxygen etc.

What is exactly a full wipe ? In what way it affects the phone or the ROM installed on it ?

Thx a lot man :)

3. Vito B.

Vito B. , Sep 7, 2015 :
    You must wipe cache, datas, and dalvik. If you don't wipe system the ROM that is on your phone will stay there.

In my case, I've done cache/datas/dalvik, flashed the OxygenOS 2.0.0 full ROM and go !

I really don't know where does your problem come from !

4. gjdass
    Honeycomb Sep 7, 2015

gjdass , Sep 7, 2015 :
    Ok. Weird. I assume that i magically solved it. I must did something XD

Well, i do know wipe cache and datas, but what is dalvik ? I don't have that in reco-mode, i only have cache/data/cache AND data.

And by "flashed the ROM", you mean put a ZIP on the phone and install it right ?

Sorry for my noob-attitude, but i like to understand things :p

5. Vito B.

Vito B. , Sep 7, 2015 :
    @gjdass

I read that you have TWRP so if I remember well it's in More or Option. You will have the wipe Dalvik option. I'm not a dev so I can't explain what is dalvik but every you have to install a ROM it's advise to wipe dalvik also.

Flashing a ROM is in fact installing it from the recovery ;-)

For me no noob questions at all !

6. gjdass
    Honeycomb Sep 7, 2015

gjdass , Sep 7, 2015 :
    Thx a lot ! So it appears i don't have TWRP. I just understood what is TWRP and saw few images of it. I still have this on my phone :
    [​IMG]

So i guess this is the OP basic Recovery ?

Yesterday, i put the ZIP on the phone, wiped data and cache from this menu, and then installed from SD. And it worked. From this Recovery ... lol

But i tried to install TWRP before all of this shit. Don't understand why i don't have it. I will try again after work i think.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015

7. Vito B.

Vito B. , Sep 7, 2015 :
    @gjdass

Ok so it's the stock recovery, I think you can try to go into advanced and maybe you will have wipe dalvik... I have to be honest : I don't remember --' I've done that so many time that now I'm doing it without thinking ....

Sry

8. jmvman99
    Honeycomb Sep 7, 2015

9. gjdass
    Honeycomb Sep 8, 2015

gjdass , Sep 8, 2015 :
    Ok well i spent couple of hours on my OP2 yesterday and i followed a tuto a guy just wrote on these forums for flashing bootloader / recovery, rooting and installing new fresh ROM.
    It worked perfectly ! I also made a backup in TWRP of my fresh installed ROM (before first boot). In that way, i will be able to recover a clean phone if needed one day.

Great !

Vito B. likes this.
  10. HolyPlusTwo
    Eclair Sep 14, 2015

HolyPlusTwo , Sep 14, 2015 :
    Guys i just got the Chinese Oneplus two with Oxygen OS installed and does the sim card work anywhere in the world?

11. gjdass
    Honeycomb Sep 14, 2015

gjdass , Sep 14, 2015 :
    Well, obviously not. I mean yeah your sim card will probably work on 2G (EDGE), but not on all 3G / 4G carriers. You should have watched the LTE bands before buying a chinese OPT.

Chinese bands for OPT (source : oneplus.cn) :

Compare with your carrier bands !

12. marcyeo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 17, 2015

marcyeo , Sep 17, 2015 :
    it depends on which country u are from :) i think the bands wont change just because u flashed a new rom. but it might go missing if it has bugs..just my 2 cent

13. Nickexp
    Honeycomb Sep 19, 2015

Nickexp , Sep 19, 2015 :
    I heard that the Chinese version can't auto-update and you need to flash updates. Is that true? And will it be fixed?

14. a02040217
    Froyo Sep 29, 2015

a02040217 , Sep 29, 2015 :
    From Singapore here.

I bought a China OP2 on 15/9/2015.

Received it on 28/09/215.

Changed to Oxygen OS from this great thread.

Everything working fine so far.

So far received 2 OTA updates.

Singtel Telcom - LTE working fine.

Hope this help some people.

15. dondonSoliman
    Donut Sep 30, 2015

16. Wanny
    Froyo Nov 5, 2015

Wanny , Nov 5, 2015 :
    I just got my Chinese OP2 (2001) and flashed the ROM in the OP. And now it's updating via OTA to the 1510112055 version =D

17. damcgrath1
    Cupcake Dec 3, 2015

damcgrath1 , Dec 3, 2015 :
    Hello guys. want to change my Chinese phone (Hydrogen OS) to Oxygen OS. But you quote using root and install from SD. But the Chinese OnePlus doesn't have an SD. Can I place in internal memory?

18. TechRoam
    Gingerbread Dec 3, 2015

19. marcyeo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 3, 2015

marcyeo , Dec 3, 2015 :
    No.. The root is not the rooting process.. It means just transfer the zip file to ur internal storage

20. venezolano69
    Gingerbread Jan 31, 2016

venezolano69 , Jan 31, 2016 :
    I want to do the same but I have oxygenos and I want to install hydrogenos, can I do the same installation?