*Installed* Nillkin Tempered Glass Protector

1. RogueS4
    Jelly Bean Moderator Jul 4, 2014

RogueS4 , Jul 4, 2014 :
    Not that good at doing these reviews but here goes.

So I installed my tempered glass screen protector and so far I like it over the the opo screen protector. The main pluses is that it should be much more scratch resistant. On the oem protector I did notice a couple faint scratch marks after a few weeks of use that were only visible when screen is off but they were hard to photograph.

One thing I don't like about the oem protector is that fingerprints show a bit more on it than the Nillkin tempered glass especially when looking at the phone straight on but maybe that's just me.

Kit Includes the following *not show is actual screen protector*
    [​IMG]

Installation:
    • Remove it from this package because if you don't you can't install it
    [​IMG]

• Line it up and slap it on the screen is my preferred foolproof method. My screen was already perfect and smudge free so I just gave it a quick dusting
    • Get rid of any remaining air bubbles from center out by using the salt-n-pepa technique of push it, push it real good
    • Then sit back and admire your valiant efforts and the gloriousnous that is bestowed upon your eyes
    • Touch it, feel it, use it, gesture, rinse, repeat, get happy feet OP OP OPOlogic
    Some crappy photography in crappy lighting
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Feel: Awesome, as if your touching the phone without any protector on it and I find that the finger glides over the screen in a smoother fashion than the 1+ protector.

Conclusion: Best $10usd spent. So far better than the current oem available protector in its short lived infancy.

The Bad : Well after looking at these photo's I notice I'm ever so slightly misaligned a bit to the left side of the screen but then again that's from my non finesse, eye ball line up, slap it on method but whatever it still kicks butt over the oem one.

Nillkin Tempered glass .3mm
    [​IMG]
    OnePlus - horrible picture, flopped around more than neymar (brazilian soccer player for those who don't know)
    [​IMG]

*edit* Forgot to mention it has anti explosion/burst or whatever they call it. While you mignt not survive one rest assured that you phone won't have a scratch on the glass :D:p

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014

2. b.duterme
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 4, 2014

onaile343, Fjodor_NL and RogueS4 like this.
  3. exodus751
    Froyo Jul 4, 2014

Moogie and RogueS4 like this.
  4. jerrah
    Jelly Bean Jul 4, 2014

jerrah , Jul 4, 2014 :
    cant you take it off and re-aline ? or is that not possible with the glass

RogueS4 likes this.
  5. SAL8116

RogueS4 likes this.
  6. chrischong23
    Honeycomb Jul 4, 2014

RogueS4 likes this.
  7. Yapapi
    Honeycomb Jul 4, 2014

Yapapi , Jul 4, 2014 :
    So glad I ordered one of these... hopefully it shows up soon. I am paying someone $5 to install it for me as I know they have far more finesse than I do.

ronoldo and RogueS4 like this.
  8. RogueS4

RogueS4 , Jul 4, 2014 :
    You'll enjoy it

b.duterme likes this.
  9. Bigbrutis
    Honeycomb Jul 4, 2014

Bigbrutis , Jul 4, 2014 :
    Thanks for this! Mine is in the mail and it will be my first time trying a glass screen protector. Looking forward to it even more now!

10. jamalie4

jamalie4 , Jul 4, 2014 :
    does it look bad? cause i just bought one. also is it still touch sensitive? thanks

RogueS4 likes this.
  11. RogueS4

RogueS4 , Jul 4, 2014 :
    Yes I believe you can, I actually had to lift it up about 1/4 of the way to remove a small speck of dust on edge of screen. Although even with removing it and starting over I couldn't guarantee that I'd line it up any better lol :)

ronoldo, iTrollz and jerrah like this.
  12. rads2312
    Honeycomb Jul 4, 2014

13. exodus751
    Froyo Jul 4, 2014

exodus751 , Jul 4, 2014 :
    hey can you invite me ?

14. givemeyoursoul
    KitKat Jul 4, 2014

ronoldo and zandoli like this.
  15. RogueS4

RogueS4 , Jul 4, 2014 :
    It looks great and yes all gestures work great from lockscreen

16. RogueS4

17. kk22
    Gingerbread Jul 4, 2014

kk22 , Jul 4, 2014 :
    Is it even more glossy than the OPO screen? I'm always worried that installing a tempered glass screen protector will kill the outdoor readability of the screen, as I'm outdoors or in bright lights very often. How do you find it outdoors now?

ronoldo and Chris Haidze like this.
  18. RogueS4

RogueS4 , Jul 4, 2014 :
    Like this?

ronoldo, Chottobaka, zandoli and 2 others like this.
  19. dluu
    Honeycomb Jul 4, 2014

20. RogueS4

RogueS4 , Jul 4, 2014 :
    Don't know for sure, I immediately installed the protector oneplus sells so I never used just the OPO screen

I just installed it and its night time here so I can't comment on that right now

ronoldo, Derekj0787 and kk22 like this.