[INSTRUCTION] CM12.1 NIGHTLIES OFFICIAL

1. cutevigs
    Froyo Jul 9, 2015

cutevigs , Jul 9, 2015 :
    Hi guys,

NEED HELP!!!!!

i accidentally while installing today's nightlies (8/7/2015), deleted the "DATA and INTERNAL STORAGE" from TWRP
    now it says "NO OS FOUND"
    please let me know how do i get the nightlies re-installed

i guess i have wiped the DATA completely.
    anyways to recover that?

@Naman Bhalla
    @zeus.01.01.01.01

2. Naman Bhalla
    Recognized developer Community Expert Recognized Developer Jul 9, 2015

Naman Bhalla , Jul 9, 2015 :
    No .. Data can't be recovered at all now ... Now the main thing you should do is to get an OS on your device .. Use adb sideload or MTP via Recovery or use fastboot flash ...
    PS : Data has to be wiped always though but not Internal Storage ...

3. cutevigs
    Froyo Jul 9, 2015

cutevigs , Jul 9, 2015 :
    thanks for the response

if u dont mind may i know how to get the OS copied to phone?
    any steps?

4. Naman Bhalla
    Recognized developer Community Expert Recognized Developer Jul 9, 2015

Naman Bhalla , Jul 9, 2015 :
    TWRP has MTP option use it ... Or use adb sideload or adb push .. There is a guide by DaxNagtegaal in the developmental section .. If you need help,I can take you on Teamviewer ...

5. cutevigs
    Froyo Jul 9, 2015

6. cutevigs
    Froyo Jul 10, 2015

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015

7. dhruvchopda
    Gingerbread Jul 14, 2015

8. jsdelgado
    Eclair Jul 14, 2015

jsdelgado , Jul 14, 2015 :
    maybe it's a visual effect because of staring at the monitor the whole day but after flashing latest nightly (0714) i'm noting the white tones more bland and yellowish, it was more vibrant before, am i the only one ??

9. ravi4ever
    KitKat Community Expert Jul 27, 2015

ravi4ever , Jul 27, 2015 :
    Unpinning this thread to make some space for OnePlus 2 announcements or related threads. Thanks @vigneshvar1 for taking the charge, your support in the Indian section on the technical issues has been phenomenal. The thread has got many participants and I believe without sticky it would continue to be active always. If have any disconnect than let us know.

@OALEXANDER @Ponds186

Thanks
    Team Moderation

10. OALEXANDER
    Indian POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 27, 2015

OALEXANDER , Jul 27, 2015 :
    Yes please

ravi4ever likes this.
  11. Yash Mehta95
    Eclair Jul 29, 2015

12. vigneshvar1
    KitKat Jul 29, 2015

13. amitdgupta
    Cupcake Sep 9, 2015

amitdgupta , Sep 9, 2015 :
    Plz let me know how to re-flash the ROM.

14. Ajay Kumar Tiwari
    Gingerbread Sep 10, 2015

Ajay Kumar Tiwari , Sep 10, 2015 :
    Thanks for the moderator team for being a helping hand ever ready. I have a qs to @Vikas, @Ravi and to any moderator willing to answer. I am a NRI working in Oman and have purchased 2 OPO frpm flash sales from US and then after OPO launched in India I changed my country to India and purchased third one from amazon.in. Will my tier will be based on the last OPO purchased in India or the total no 3 OPO purchased. Reason I am asking is that my daughter lost her OPO while travelling in an auto in Mumbai and till now not tracable. My investigation revaled a surprising revalation. All the smartphones stolen/lost are not re-sold in the market. Instead ther are ripped open to the component level and since most of the components are common the components are sold/channeled through the component level repair shops and hence we never find out our lost phones.
    I have given my OPO to my daughter and bought a Asus Zenfine 2 for the time being for myself till Iget OP2 invite. How long I have to wait even after owning 3 OPO in my family?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015

15. vigneshvar1
    KitKat Sep 10, 2015

vigneshvar1 , Sep 10, 2015 :
    Even mods cant answer that question sir!! invite rolling is totally random. Nothing as a specific method.

16. vigneshvar1
    KitKat Sep 10, 2015

vigneshvar1 , Sep 10, 2015 :
    post 1 has the instructions mate :) if you dont understand then let me know so that i can assist you

17. amitdgupta
    Cupcake Sep 11, 2015

amitdgupta , Sep 11, 2015 :
    Thank you.
    Also after Trebuchet update battery is draining very rapidly. I tried couple of other launchers (Nova, Smart 3 Pro) too but it is still the same. Plz let me know if there is some fix to it.

18. rahul2002j
    Froyo Oct 8, 2015

rahul2002j , Oct 8, 2015 :
    Hi @vigneshvar1 Need a little help
    I am currently on the Official CM12.1 build on my OPO but planning to move to nightlies.
    The device is rooted and twrp installed.
    I just want to confirm what all do I need to wipe to be able to move to the nightlies.
    Is it only dalvik+data+system+cache or do I need to wipe internal Storage as well?
    Also in case I don't need to wipe internal storage, would all my apps and data still be deleted?

19. prasannakrishnamoorthy
    Gingerbread Oct 12, 2015

prasannakrishnamoorthy , Oct 12, 2015 :
    Hi, you need to wipe System+Data+Cache+Dalvic, DO NOT TOUCH THE INTERNAL STORAGE & USB-OTG then you will lose everything stored in your mobile. Retaining any of the data partition is not going to help as you will most likely use a different ROM and that's not going to read this data. Things might start going awry in the case. You are better off starting with a clean slate. Hope this helps.

20. rahul2002j
    Froyo Oct 12, 2015

rahul2002j , Oct 12, 2015 :
    Thanks for replying.. I did the clean install as suggested by you (without touching the internal storage) and got the nightly installed. Looks to be working well.