Integrating FaceUnlock with Trusted Places & other Smart Lock

1. dsavinsk
    Froyo Nov 21, 2017

dsavinsk , Nov 21, 2017 :
    With the Face unlock on 5T being stupid fast, and even Trusted Face on 3T, would it b possible to integrate the "not so secure" Face unlock with other forms of smart lock? (3T user here)

For Example

I would b using trusted place more often but worry in case my friends or family decide to troll me, (especially in dorm rooms) and pick up my phone. It's far less likely that someone could access my phone if the FaceUnlock only worked in certain locations or near certain devices (perhaps near trusted wifi routers for those who don't keep location on)

Since FaceUnlock on its own is "good enough" but not secure enough for things like money authentication, why not leverage the convenience it brings and allow for use of FaceUnlock in locations where risk of others getting into phone is already low. That way if im commuting or in public I still have the comfort of knowing my device is encrypted by a secure biometric fingerprint and when Im home i have the convenience of just looking at the device and it unlocks.

2. blueoinkhead
    Donut Nov 21, 2017

blueoinkhead , Nov 21, 2017 :
    I'd like that feature. Would be cool if the face unlock thing only turned on, if i had my phone connected to a trusted bluetooth device.

dsavinsk likes this.