Intelligent Connectivity: Our Next Step Forward

1. I1532721350424
    Cupcake Sep 17, 2018

2. A. Mack
    Gingerbread Sep 17, 2018

A. Mack , Sep 17, 2018 :
    Yeah but QLED isn't OLED. IMO I feel like OLED is better with blacks and color though not as bright pops more because of the contrast.

Bouncer71 likes this.
  3. lutti
    KitKat Sep 17, 2018

lutti , Sep 17, 2018 :
    Yeah i think i have been waiting for that since ...never.

Tobikage likes this.
  4. jmpickrell
    Froyo Sep 17, 2018

jmpickrell , Sep 17, 2018 :
    Hope it's full array direct lit and not edge lit. Let's do this OnePlus!!! [e]1f601[/e][e]1f601[/e]

5. bart877ie
    Honeycomb Sep 17, 2018

bart877ie , Sep 17, 2018 :
    OnePlus could be a next Daewoo ;)
    Back in nineties, I had car,, car hifi, laptop, microwave and home hifi with same manufacturer label. Talking about OCD ;) lucky enough for me they banckupted before I wanted a digger with same brand logo ;)

6. ktasoulas
    Eclair Sep 17, 2018

7. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Sep 17, 2018

Bouncer71 , Sep 17, 2018 :
    That's what you feel and I respect that...!
    But the big players are already going down the QLED path and the next will be microLED...

I have an 5 years old 1080p LED TV...
    Calibrated to my preference...
    Cristal clear, allmost no backlight bleeding...
    You notice it at the ending credits sometimes... ;D

So I don't see the need to switch to an organic display that color degrades unevenly over time and is more expensive...
    At my viewing distance of about 3 meters I don't even feel to upgrade to 4k...
    There's hardly a difference to the 4k PC Monitor...

meatandy and A. Mack like this.
  8. aris
    Jelly Bean Sep 17, 2018

9. P4NDAXPR3SS
    Cupcake Sep 17, 2018

P4NDAXPR3SS , Sep 17, 2018 :
    I would hope to see smaller screen sizes also, i Xbox on a 27" monitor using an Xbox one x. A great sell point would be a lower cost than other monitors within the same size category, that offer 4K.
    Offering seamless integration with the mobile device to link up and display your phone on a bigger screen that also acts as a hub for USB peripherals, to allow gaming, and photo editing, and general productivity benefits.

10. EmrEmrE
    Cupcake Sep 17, 2018

EmrEmrE , Sep 17, 2018 :
    I was expecting such kind of innovative development from OnePlus. I will try to be the very first person in my country to try OP TV.

11. G_Jonas_Svensson_rmTa
    Cupcake Sep 17, 2018

G_Jonas_Svensson_rmTa , Sep 17, 2018 :
    I think the TV should build on Android TV.

I would like to see a modular design where you can decide what parts/accessories you want.

The TV should not have any built in speaker. It should have an optional soundbar that the TV is connected to with BT. The soundbar should also be possible to use from your mobile. Maybe Google assistent built in?
    Make it possible to connect to and use any BT speaker.

Have gaming controller as accessories.

Be a 4k TV and have focus on good image quality.
    Be released in 55, 65 and 75 inches.

12. Asumos
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 17, 2018

Asumos , Sep 17, 2018 :
    needs chromecast built in
    connect to Google home
    Bluetooth support

be great (wishful thinking) built in android with oxygenos

13. Kyrie1965
    Eclair Sep 17, 2018

Kyrie1965 , Sep 17, 2018 :
    @Pete , did you talk about TV with Android TV or Android TV box (or "smart speaker")? If you told about Android TV box and you will choose Amlogic as a partner — you will lose (they have many problems with media in SDK). If you will choose Realtek or Broadcom — you will lose again. Only two ways — Mediatek or Qualcomm.

Your team must have strong vision and deep understanding Android-box market. If you will not support Google refresh rate and resolution switching API ("modern auto frame rate") — you will lose. If you will not support IEC 61937 sound output (with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X support) — you will lose. If you will not pay Netflix for 4K and Dolby Atmos license — you will lose. etc.

Also, all your key managers must use Nvidia Shield TV and they must understand why it is outstanding and top device on market. They must understand advantages and disadvantages of this box.

14. campanell
    Cupcake Sep 18, 2018

campanell , Sep 18, 2018 :
    There is a lot for Oneplus to think about here to reinvent the way the market looks at tv devices. My comments are trying to look at trends five years from now
    • A generation is growing up watching content on their smartphones. TV is something their parents and grandparents watch. How do you make a tv an extension of your primary device?
    • Will one be able to game on the TV without the need for a connected device? At the present time, I cannot use my Nvidia Shield to cast Arena of Valor while playing on my Oneplus. The game lags casting it to the TV. I would like to use my Oneplus as a controller to play mobile games on my TV.
    • Mobile devices have a good secondary market. TVs generally have a longer life span, and have a lousy secondary market. How would the company support older devices?
    • What happens to all those old Oneplus TVs after their lifespan? The environmental costs for electronic devices is increasing, and companies who are not thinking about this issue may face risks for taxes, fines, and regulatory actions.
    • How will content creators build business models? Is it going to continue to be a closed and fragmented system where content creators need to build apps for the TV platform?

the_reckoner likes this.
  15. AntMunny
    KitKat Sep 18, 2018

the_reckoner likes this.
  16. forced1nduction
    Cupcake Sep 18, 2018

forced1nduction , Sep 18, 2018 :
    Congrats team, this is great news! Should be perfect timing for me to finally be in the market for an uncompromising TV. Never settle indeed!

17. ArielCharMX
    Eclair Sep 18, 2018

18. Dgnanaraj
    Cupcake Sep 18, 2018

19. dinbandhukumar
    Honeycomb Sep 18, 2018

20. Dcs.engenharia
    Cupcake Sep 18, 2018

Dcs.engenharia , Sep 18, 2018 :
    thats awesome!! but please it must have DVB-C DVB-S ISDBT tunners. It would make a lot of difference in current market!!